• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All consoles sold out, everywhere

CrapSandwich

former Navy SEAL
Noticed my Target had nothing, checked online retailers and it looks like nobody has any stock. Seemed curious that nobody's mentioned this, but I suspect we're smack dab in the largest dollar quarter (maybe year) for this industry ever. Yay corona?

Codes 208

I cant speak for everyon but my store has been out of systems for awhile. We havent gotten a switch in a month and the ps4’s and xboxes sell like hotcakes when we do get them in. We’re also out of controllers, accessories, pc monitors, keyboards and mice, TV’s.

the warehouse supplies are just shot

Lebron87

Neo Member
Yes, It is due to COVID.

I noticed some deals sites are now sharing re-stock of Nintendo Switch and other consoles.

I cant speak for everyon but my store has been out of systems for awhile. We havent gotten a switch in a month and the ps4’s and xboxes sell like hotcakes when we do get them in. We’re also out of controllers, accessories, pc monitors, keyboards and mice, TV’s.

the warehouse supplies are just shot
Do they sell more than usual, or are the supply problems?

hybrid_birth

Gold Member
It kinda benefits these console companies moving alot of product with high sales during the virus.

But It hurts us consumers who want to buy a console and the retailers not having any in stock.

Last edited:

Codes 208

Do they sell more than usual, or are the supply problems?
A bit of both. So many people came in after getting their stimulus checks to buy things like TV’s and video games. After toilet paper, electronics was the next dept hit bad by shortages.

right now the demand is higher but the supplies are lower. Hence why you’ll find a lot of price gouging on amazon and walmart.com

its like an extended black friday (in terms of shoppers. Since so many people dont need to go to work and taking the lock-down less than seriously.)

Last edited:

Solarstrike

The economy is surviving on digital sales. It's quite obvious. People are at home buying tons of shit on the internet. Whether that be grocery orders, movies, gaming, Ebay, clothing, Amazon, pizza delivery, etc, etc. In my state as an example, every digital video game purchase the state takes out taxes. It's all adds up. More money is being made, transferred, spread, etc. now globally through digital purchasing than at any time in the history of commerce. I fully believe this. If anyone says the economy is tanking, they are full of it. States are making a whole boatload of cash in taxes. There's a lot of things that continue to sell out. Can't even order some decent 4k Blu Ray movies or things like that, they are sold out everywhere.

Last edited:

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
The economy is surviving on digital sales. It's quite obvious. People are at home buying tons of shit on the internet. Whether that be grocery orders, movies, gaming, Ebay, clothing, Amazon, pizza delivery, etc, etc. In my state as an example, every digital video game purchase the state takes out taxes. It's all adds up. More money is being made, transferred, spread, etc. now globally through digital purchasing than at any time in the history of commerce. I fully believe this. If anyone says the economy is tanking, they are full of it. States are making a whole boatload of cash in taxes. There's a lot of things that continue to sell out. Can't even order some decent 4k Blu Ray movies or things like that, they are sold out everywhere.
Do you know how an economy works?

njean777

The internet really is the new bastion of money, along with gaming and other social activities online. See we are not all neckbeards that don't talk to anybody and sit at home all day!!!

But for real this is good news for all gaming companies. Good to see more people being introduced to gaming and hopefully it helps the industry.

Solarstrike

Do you know how an economy works?

I sure do. It doesn't evolve around oil stocks and corporate shill entities. Most news agencies are bought and paid for by these companies. You won't hear the good stories of how the economy is being held up by in part, the gaming community. We eat, we buy, we buy. And we buy again. Sometimes we call it a triple dip.

Last edited:

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
Noticed my Target had nothing, checked online retailers and it looks like nobody has any stock. Seemed curious that nobody's mentioned this, but I suspect we're smack dab in the largest dollar quarter (maybe year) for this industry ever. Yay corona?

It’s probably going to be a great quarter and a poor year, unless the supply chain can get back to normal. There’s no stock because there’s little production, and if you can’t produce, you can’t sell.

Solarstrike

It’s probably going to be a great quarter and a poor year, unless the supply chain can get back to normal. There’s no stock because there’s little production, and if you can’t produce, you can’t sell.

Digital commerce is just fine. I'm not agreeing with any of it being affected by the pandemic. It's bullocks. If anything, better organization needs to be made during this time in the companies providing the service/distribution. For Publishers, there's too many assistant to the CEO's, too many managers, too many assistants to the vice president director of marketing sales, blah blah. Many people are in publisher positions whom have no idea what they are doing or don't really do much of anything. Ever see a "AAA" games credits? They are miles long. Is this really necessary? In short, how many physical copies of games are sold compared to digital during this time? I know i'm not one really for digital as i like physical games but one thing i know for sure, without digital, I wouldn't have much to chose from. I'd probably be playing more of my retro consoles. Just my 50 cents, smh

Last edited:
My PS4 Pro died last month. Consoles were sold out everywhere and I ended up having to get it on Amazon. I get it in the mail and I look at the price now and it has gone up 100 bucks.

Solarstrike

To hell with Ebay too. Damn scalpers. Would imagine there's quite a few people hoarding consoles to sell. If you want an XBox Series X or a PSV in a few months, better have that computer, tablet, cellphone whatever ready and locked into the Pre-Order screen more than ever.

Kagey K

Banned
I was out and about for my sons birthday today trying to find a few things for Switch and noticed that everywhere we went the consoles/accessories sections (for all of them) were either empty or at low stock.

Out of the 4 stores we went to there were 2 PS4s and no other consoles.

Some companies (industries) are reaping profits during this while others flounder.

Last edited:

Jayjayhd34

Uk stock doesn't seem as effected the only thing effected is xbox ones s-x, everything else shipping next day on amazon.

Solarstrike

I was out and about for my sons birthday today trying to find a few things for Switch and noticed that everywhere we went the consoles/accessories sections (for all of them) were either empty or at low stock.

Some companies (industries) are reaping profits during this while others flounder.

If this helps at all, of all places, try Ebay. Different price ranges, fast delivery, etc. Yeah it sucks having to deal with Ebay but you have to do what you have to do. Hope maybe this helps you guys

Kagey K

Banned
If this helps at all, of all places, try Ebay. Different price ranges, fast delivery, etc. Yeah it sucks having to deal with Ebay but you have to do what you have to do. Hope maybe this helps you guys

We have a switch, he’s had that since launch, it’s Ringfit that’s killing me.

Its the only thing we couldn’t find.

Last edited:

From what I've heard nothing is coming in from China still which is where all that stuff is manufactured. Orders are being made, it's not like retailers want to be out of stock. But there's no replenishment.

Kagey K

Banned
From what I've heard nothing is coming in from China still which is where all that stuff is manufactured. Orders are being made, it's not like retailers want to be out of stock. But there's no replenishment.
Going to be some sad sales numbers coming out if that’s the case, especially for manufacturers and distributors that could have been selling more.

Jayjayhd34

Not really. Still hard to get a Switch. Amazon only have the grey/yellow Lite. Xbox is out of stock too. Seems it's only PS4 in stock

your right just checked everywhere even the most expensive places are totally out of stock.

Software seems effected too. This is going to be a problem for TLOU2 and Got if this persists.

Last edited:
Yo, everything was sold out. I haven't checked recently, but shit was crazy for awhile. I started work from home in early March. I went to Target to look for a mech keyboard, that shit was sold out. I needed an extra ethernet cable a few weeks later, that shit was sold out. Then I see a bunch of people on my Instagram story talking about where can they find a switch lite... i was like WTF is going on there LOL

oagboghi2

That isn't how the economy works dude

Kagey K

Banned
How are they going to digitally grow that food, or digitally make those clothes. There are a small percentage of things that can be made and sold digitally.

The more stress it puts on farmers and manufacturers, the more you are going to see your costs go up, until there is nothing left to buy.

Ive never seen such a short sighted take in my life.

Last edited:

Reallink

Good news is Sony's scaling back PS5 production cause people locked at home aren't going to buy videogames /s

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
Not really. Still hard to get a Switch. Amazon only have the grey/yellow Lite. Xbox is out of stock too. Seems it's only PS4 in stock

If you’re in the UK get on https://stockinformer.co.uk/ and keep a tab open on your desktop/laptop browser. When you hear the beep you have about 10 minutes to buy your switch. I got my full fat Switch (brilliant console Btw) last week that way at retail price.

Last edited by a moderator:
Perfect time to unload your old consoles in favor of new ones that are coming. Glad I bought a PS4 Pro a couple of months ago... about to sell my old PS4 and break even.

Last edited:
I would think both Sony and ms have scaled back production a bit. More ms because they seem to like to jump to the next console quicker.

I think Sony still has 20 million sales of the ps4 to go as there is absolutely nothing wrong with current graphics on the ps4 pro.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Perfect time to unload your old consoles in favor of new ones that are coming. Glad I bought a PS4 Pro a couple of months ago... about to sell my old PS4 and break even.
yup. i am looking to get an XB1X. they are about £290-310 second hand on ebay. a new one is £320-350.

c.e.x is buying them for £235 and only selling for £275.

Last edited:

Solarstrike

So yeah. This is just one of the reasons why Switch's can't be found :messenger_pouting:..

I wonder if they will be giving away the money/monetary gain they made off the video as well

Last edited:

ZywyPL

Banned
Both Sony and MS have clearly stopped any further supplies of current-gen consoles, and want to get rid of what's left to make room for the upcoming systems. Here in Poland I am seeing deals like XB1 SAD for 165$, base PS4 for 210$, X1X for 330$ etc. on a daily basis, and the stores aren't refilling the supplies either.

Solarstrike

Ive never seen such a short sighted take in my life.

This isn't logistics class. I'm talking about sales. Online and phone order sales have increased. Tax money accumulated by states from those sales have increased. Many of those sales are from gamer's. Think outside the box a bit. Maybe you are the one "short sighted"? ,smh :messenger_expressionless:

Yeah, I love downloading those digital clothes and pizzas.
😏

Take the sales of food now ordered by phone or the internet from people confined to their houses and compare those numbers to how it was before the epidemic hit. Surely there's been an increase. You aren't understanding either, what i'm getting at. I'm talking sales and the sales tax gained by states from those sales. Yes, i know it takes logistics here and there to get materials to plants, products to warehouses, etc. etc. I'm not talking about that.

Last edited:

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
Brazil is a little weird in those days. Big stores are selling consoles in a kinda low price, the grey market doesn't know how to act because of dollar high as fuck, and used consoles are maybe the best deal

With this in mind, I can't see myself with a new console by the end of the year

My PS4 Pro died last month. Consoles were sold out everywhere and I ended up having to get it on Amazon. I get it in the mail and I look at the price now and it has gone up 100 bucks.
I just checked and now I am seriously worried about the price of the next gen consoles.

Thanks, you RUINED MY DAY 😢.

Top Bottom