• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All PS First Party Sales Figured LEAKED! Days Gone and Bloodborne 7.5 Million. DriveClub 5 million.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
The greatest leak of all time. insane sales for Days gone and DriveClub. I dont understand Sony.

image.png

pTPSbrn.png

According to this reddit comment the cutoff date for this sales data is last week of Feb 2022!

Last edited:

GHG

So basically if they stuck with them Driveclub and Days Gone would have had potential to grow into much bigger franchises. Meanwhile Predator should have served as a warning that GAAS was not the way to go but yet they doubled down on it.

Now that Jimbo is gone, Hulst needs to be gone soon as well. The idea that the only way a game gets a second opportunity is if it does more than ~10 million units is fucking stupid.

Last edited:
So basically if they stuck with them Driveclub and Days Gone would have had potential to grow into much bigger franchises.

Now that Jimbo is gone, Hulst needs to be gone soon as well. The idea that the only way a game gets a second opportunity is if it does more than ~10 million units is fucking stupid.
Driveclub' studio wasn't closed by Jim or Hulst and Days Gone 2 wasn't canceled by them as well. It was a studio internal decision confirmed by the previous CEO of Bend Studio but sure...fire those 2 lmao

Sleepwalker

So basically if they stuck with them Driveclub and Days Gone would have had potential to grow into much bigger franchises. Meanwhile Predator should have served as a warning that GAAS was not the way to go but yet they doubled down on it.

So fucking stupid to can a new IP that sold over 7m.

Theres only so much horizon, gow, tlou and spiderman we can take before we bounce from it.

Makes no sense to me.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Skimming the data, some things I noticed:

- The middle columns are sell-through
- Ballparking it, if you look at Net Sales / copies sold, most games trend to around $30-40 NS per copy (excluding budget games and remasters which are lower)
- Digital games have edged up to 44% for 2021 games. For older games it was in the mid 30s
- Regionally, Sony USA (I think that would include Canada and Latin America) has the highest sales portion, it's growing each year and the $$$ portions are even higher. So it means people in North America region pay the highest prices

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Look at those digital splits Thick Thighs Save Lives Thick Thighs Save Lives rofif rofif And all my other physical brothers, so much for this being the last gen with discs.
Cheers, Op! Imma keep this one real close whenever an dumbass on the internet reees that physical sales are dead on Sony machines.
Sorry bro but these are mostly PS4 era sales. Pre 2022.

Latest figures from Sony's own fiscal year reports state that the digital split is now 75% for their first party games.

5 mil and 7.5 mil ain't what it used to be, especially when we know a large percentage of those numbers don't come from full priced copies.

You really need to be targeting 10, 15+ million plus for modern AAA.
in another leak ≈5 M its seems to be the bare minimum to break even for this AAA games

Saber

Gold Member
Lmao LoU2 sold less than Lou Remaster, and probably costed waaaaay more to develop :lollipop_squinting:

Demon Souls should be ashamed of just selling that poor, but I guess it appeases the graphic whores. Meanwhile Elden Ring wipes the floor yet it didn't need realistic visuals, just a stunning art direction.

Kudos to GoT and Days Gone for selling that way even though were new IPs. Specially Days Gone since it was from a time people annoyingly complain about the "zombie apocalipse" being tired setting

Last edited:

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
How did R&C 2016 manage 7M+ but Rift Apart will probably struggle to break 4M?

Maybe they should have continued with the reboot after all.

Last edited:

GHG

It was "problematic" according to some reviewers (Sony is very woke since then) plus metacritic wasn't very high.

Buy yeah, they could make sequel that would be better in every way (like Uncharted 2) and sell millions.

Days Gone pisses me off more than anything else on that list. It's brimming with potential and the ending set it up nicely for a sequel.

Instead let's get 10 more Spiderman games.

arsenal-football.gif

Thirty7ven

Banned
5 mil and 7.5 mil ain't what it used to be, especially when we know a large percentage of those numbers don't come from full priced copies.

You really need to be targeting 10, 15+ million plus for modern AAA.

Not with first games. Nintendo wasn’t selling 30 million copies of Zelda before.

Absolute shit show from Sony here. If they expect new IP to hit 10 million out of the gate then lol

Sorry bro but these are mostly PS4 era sales. Pre 2022.

Latest figures from Sony's own fiscal year reports state that the digital split is now 75% for their first party games.
Wait, that doesn't make sense since we know from their latest report that the digital split is 67% for software that sells both physically and digitally (3P + 1P). Don't have the 1st party split on hand but surely it's not 75%? 🤔

aMclqsC.png

Top Bottom