• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All PS First Party Sales Figured LEAKED! Days Gone and Bloodborne 7.5 Million. DriveClub 5 million.

Spider Man is their biggest game.

71 aggregated score vs 82 aggregated score.
Also Kojima is a third party, Sony is the publisher. Development costs are probably lower than have Bend waste time on a Days Gone sequel that would win them another yellow MC.
People need to stop whinning about Days Gone, get over it.

Days gone was also cheap when I got it. Picked it up for $20. Felt like it was always on sell to.

Alan Wake

You got 🤡s in the Alan Wake 2 thread arguing with me that physical is dead and wouldn’t help sales. Where yall at @adamsapple and Alan Wake Alan Wake .
I've never said that physical is dead (I love buying physical myself), I've just said that digital distribution is growing with every year and that the Epic exclusive deal probably was a bigger factor than Alan Wake II being digital only.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Days Gone 2 was rejected by studio heads over at Bend. not Sony themselves.

Kojima was contractually obligated to make Death Stranding 2. He signed on to make two Death Stranding games back in 2015.
Yep. Sony gave them the choice to do it, and there was a CULTural shift in the studio when they went down the DEI death knell.

Which is why those mainly responsible for Day's Gone are not with them anymore.

Last edited:

Woopah

aMclqsC.png
digital splits are lower for single player games than multiplayer games.

zapper

How did R&C 2016 manage 7M+ but Rift Apart will probably struggle to break 4M?

Maybe they should have continued with the reboot after all.
rift apart launched only for ps5 at full price when the console wasn't available while the ps4 chapter was on a much larger base and at a budget price.

bloodbornes sales are surprising, incredible how they haven't brought out a remastered and PC version yet

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Days Gone director in the GoW director livestream told that Days Gone 2 was in production, but Sony stop the production and ask Bend to lend a help to ND.
I remember that interview and Jason's reporting confirmed that while some of Bend's team was asked to help ND with factions, the core team with the director worked for 6 months on a pitch for Days Gone 2 which was rejected by studio heads, not Sony.

They then began working on an Uncharted spinoff which was then once again, cancelled internally as they didnt like the meddling from ND. Sony has been nothing but accepting of their choices. The director said that he has no issues with Sony's execs. Bend studio heads on the other hand.....

Aenima

But where is the indication of the combine sales?

The last sales chart leak was indeed separeting the remaster from the base game, so that sales numbers are probably PS4 version alone.
It says in the document that is TLOU PS4.
Naughty Dog told TLOU franshise combined sold 37 million by end of December 2022. So if you take out the 10 million from TLOU2, it means TLOU 1 sold a total of 27 million.

19 million for Horizon is still super impressive for a new IP from a studio that just made First Person Shooters.

Fake

I remember that interview and Jason's reporting confirmed that while some of Bend's team was asked to help ND with factions, the core team with the director worked for 6 months on a pitch for Days Gone 2 which was rejected by studio heads, not Sony.

They then began working on an Uncharted spinoff which was then once again, cancelled internally as they didnt like the meddling from ND. Sony has been nothing but accepting of their choices. The director said that he has no issues with Sony's execs. Bend studio heads on the other hand.....

He told before quit that Bend Studios would accepted helping ND only 'IF' after doing Sony help them with their particular project.

To be honest, I prefer believe in the Days Gone director in this case. He was there, Bend Studios members won't talk anything because they would break Sony contract. He in other hand have nothing to lose revealing this information.
And we knowing about DG2 being stop was by him, not by Jason.

Fake

It says in the document that is TLOU PS4.
Naughty Dog told TLOU franshise combined sold 37 million by end of December 2022. So if you take out the 10 million from TLOU2, it means TLOU 1 sold a total of 27 million.

19 million for Horizon is still super impressive for a new IP from a studio that just made First Person Shooters.

Dude, most of the sales the blogs usually told us don't really match with the charts numbers leaks, so figures.

Either this chart is fake or the sales figures companies give to us are not true or misleading.

bitbydeath

Gold Member
Days gone hordes had so much potential to be much more, and the fact that the game actually sold well, it's a shambles sony have dumped the IP.

What are they smoking.
Why do people keep repeating this nonsense?
Days Gone was never dumped, Sony mentioned it was one of their best new IP’s of last gen, have celebrated it in numerous financials, and even green-lit a movie.

Also:

wiktor-ohman-3-copy.jpg

Last edited:
No Forbidden West sales numbers?
Guerrilla said back in May, that the game sold 8.4 millions of copies taking lifetime franchise sales to 32.7 million units and has shifted more copies than its predecessor had after a year.

This is huge numbers for a franchise with only two games and a small VR game.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
IK it sounds a bit weird but this chart really proves to me that these execs should stop chasing the 10+ million sales dragon since most titles don't even reach that unless it's some gigantic major IP.

does every game need to hit double digit millions to really be considered a success?

Aenima

Dude, most of the sales the blogs usually told us don't really match with the charts numbers leaks, so figures.

Either this chart is fake or the sales figures companies give to us are not true or misleading.
I dunno what numbers are you finding hard to believe. Naughty Dog Anounced 37 million for TLOU franchise, take the 10 million from TLOU2 and just do the math.

Herman anounced 20 million for Horizon Zero Dawn across PS4 and PC.

Last edited:
Top Bottom