• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All PS First Party Sales Figured LEAKED! Days Gone and Bloodborne 7.5 Million. DriveClub 5 million.

We need to know the total cost of TLOUSpart2, because 10m don't look that good for the amount of PR this game did and spend.
This data is not up to date. Ghost of Tsushima was confirmed to be at 9.7M already and here it is at 7.6M.

TLOU2 could probably be at 12M or more at this point. The game is always one of the top sellers on PS4 games and this was way before the TV show aired.

I read somewhere this data is believed to be from February last year...so this is outdated by almost 2 years. Meaning that TLOU2 data is from when the game was a year and half.

The game literally turned into profit on its first 3 days when it was the best selling 1st party ever for sony and sold 4M copies. At full price that's quite a lot.

DeepSpace5D

Almost 8 millie for Bloodborne! Quite a bit more than the last reported numbers, although it’s been a long time.

Crazy numbers for The Last of Us Remastered on PS4 at over 18mil. Last chart I saw on that was just a little over 10 million. And this is not taking into account the PS3 version which should be easily over 10 million as well.

nial

Gold Member
Dude, most of the sales the blogs usually told us don't really match with the charts numbers leaks, so figures.

Either this chart is fake or the sales figures companies give to us are not true or misleading.
I don't get the issue at all. The PS3 version of TLOU had 7 million sales reported as of July 2014, TLOU2 numbers are from March 2022 and the ND blog was from December of that year. The 37 million sales figure is pretty fitting.

Robb

Gold Member
Straight white married male. Not a good look 🤔
Just ad a bulge between the legs of his wife in the sequel, problem solved.
toy story cup GIF

This data is not up to date. Ghost of Tsushima was confirmed to be at 9.7M already and here it is at 7.6M.

TLOU2 could probably be at 12M or more at this point. The game is always one of the top sellers on PS4 games and this was way before the TV show aired.

I read somewhere this data is believed to be from February last year...so this is outdated by almost 2 years. Meaning that TLOU2 data is from when the game was a year and half.

The game literally turned into profit on its first 3 days when it was the best selling 1st party ever for sony and sold 4M copies. At full price that's quite a lot.

It's interesting that the same people who are determined to call Day's Gone a success (it really wasn't much of a success) are equally determined to call TLOU2 a failure (I don't think it hit expectations, but a failure is too much).

Couldn't be more clear that someone has a pretty warped agenda...

Luigi Mario

The lack of Ragnarok and the way they are sorted by Fiscal year suggests these are probably the sales of these games as of March 31st 2022. So Ratchet did 2.7m in it's first year. Those other figures from Insomniac must have surely been early estimates from 2020 or prior.
Definitely seems like late February or early March 2022.

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
You're kidding right?
I don't think there is any other way of reading it so why would I be kidding when it's right there.
Sell in = Sold to Retailer
Sell Through = Sold to Customer
Unless this is the first time in history when it doesn't mean that?

It's interesting that the same people who are determined to call Day's Gone a success (it really wasn't much of a success) are equally determined to call TLOU2 a failure (I don't think it hit expectations, but a failure is too much).

Couldn't be more clear that someone has a pretty warped agenda...
But Days Gone is not woke so it gets a pass, haven't you heard? /s

WitchHunter

Banned
Exactly. And the RoI from Bloodborne wasn't deemed high enough to greenlight a sequel.

It's just simple math.

Too many people are willing to believe untrue things just because they personally liked a game.
They established a franchise, of course it warrants a sequel with insane sales like this. Now a lot more peepz like the franchise, so a proper sequel would sell more. The question is whether the studio wants to make a sequel or what was the agreement between From and Sony.

When the document with engagement numbers will leak?

We need the really important data here.
You can always visit the ransomware group's dnet site and download the whole thing... and dig up the info...

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Yeah, so much so that they're doing a PS5/PC version with added director's cut features and modes.

This is also old data.
Ya. Unless I missed it was stated somewhere else, the data only shows FY 2021 data as per the chart. And it'll be calendar year 2021 FY date too, since Sony's fiscal 2021 FY ended March 2021. If it was corporate fiscal year some of those games wouldnt even be out yet.

So the data is likely taken at a point of time I'd say early 2022. If it was deeper into 2022, they'd have some new 2022 sales rows.

Thats my guess at least.

Last edited:

Unknown?

It did not. Thats TLOU PS4 version. When you combine the PS3 version the total of TLOU copies are way higher.

Almost 13 million for GT Sport, 12.7m sold. Last oficial info i think was about 8 million players, some years ago. Pretty good for a game that released barebones and had weak sales at the start.
That's nuts! GT Sport topped GT5 and GT4. GT7 is doing way better than Sport, it could surpass GT3's 14.7 million by the end of the gen.

jm89

Driveclub almost 5 million. The fuck.

Where are your arcade racers sony? FFS.

Do folks even remember how hard sony fumbled driveclub(not the game but release and support), and that shit still sold almost 5 million.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
It didn’t because so many bitches started a campaign against the game because of the leaks. So many people who didn’t play the game because of the spoilers.

It’s a shame, but hopefully it will continue to sell and the HBO show will help because the audience is more mature there.
Game sold 4 million in the first 3 days alone.

The sales slowed down because of the word of mouth AFTER the game launched.

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
Goddamn executives grounding nascent and seemingly successful IPs because they failed to reach a quintillion sales. Bloody idiots. All these IPs and the PS5 library is still in laughable state.

It would be good if there were some real 'journalists', that got off the publisher teat and ask these knobheads some real questions why they failed to greenlight and support and grow these franchises despite the numbers and fan support.

Time to purge the leadership; this whole generation has been lacklustre and anaemic.

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
It didn’t because so many bitches started a campaign against the game because of the leaks. So many people who didn’t play the game because of the spoilers.

It’s a shame, but hopefully it will continue to sell and the HBO show will help because the audience is more mature there.
Hey I bought it despite the rumours and leaks.
It's a shame it took 10mill before people realise it was another Matrix Resurrection

ShaiKhulud1989

Gold Member
You know what to do Sony! Don't listen to the haters calling it "generic".
Considering DGs long and rocky development it's barely broke even at those numbers (expecially considering it DG ended up on fire sale quickly).

But yeah, those are very strong numbers all across the board.

Game sold 4 million in the first 3 days alone.

The sales slowed down because of the word of mouth AFTER the game launched.

A campaign was created against it because of politics, which impacted pre-orders AND post launch sales.

Once season 2 comes out though, I expect we'll see a pretty significant bump for the game/director's cut upgrade.

Really smart on the part of Naughty Dog to salvage the sales potential here.

MrA

ghost is at 9.46, director's cut is separate, with 300k or so copies on shelves, so this was probably a few months before, it has uncharted legacy of thieves, so these are probably early 2022 numbers, maybe march

digital splits are lower for single player games than multiplayer games.
plus that's all software, not individual releases, so the thousands of catalog titles that are no longer available physically continue to skew that percentage

DarthPutin

As for Days Gone, I'm sorry, but the game really wasn't all that. The game was price dropped quicker than any recent 1st party game I can remember for a reason. Before and after release, before the politics came out in full force and the creatives did their woe is me routine, no one was capping for it like that. One second you guys want new IP, the next you want sequels to mediocrity. Well, Bend is doing a new IP that probably isn't going to retread aspects of TLOU this time.
Exactly! People claim to want new, fresh stuff instead of "safe sequels", then cry about:
- No Bloodborne II (Ok, could be v. different sequel I suppose)
- No Ratchet and Clank #Eleventy
- Another 40 hours of hunting zombies.

ungalo

Driveclub almost 5 million. The fuck.

Where are your arcade racers sony? FFS.

Do folks even remember how hard sony fumbled driveclub(not the game but release and support), and that shit still sold almost 5 million.
5 millions but very low revenue, so people probably didn't purchase it at high price

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
This is huge for Bloodborne data. Finally we get numbers.

Makes me so mad that there's no Bloodborne PS5 version by now. It's easy money.

So basically if they stuck with them Driveclub and Days Gone would have had potential to grow into much bigger franchises. Meanwhile Predator should have served as a warning that GAAS was not the way to go but yet they doubled down on it.

Now that Jimbo is gone, Hulst needs to be gone soon as well. The idea that the only way a game gets a second opportunity is if it does more than ~10 million units is fucking stupid.

I HATE that Sony gave up on both DriveClub and Days Gone. Both sold great and had great potential. Yet they canned them both. So stupid. Yet stupid Predator selling 700k means they double down on GAAS. Freaking stupid man.

Lol they made 2 million on God of War PC. So that means they did around nothing after port dev fees. But They made 178 million on Driveclub on PS4...but too bad they got rid of Evolution studios. Smart. And what about day's gone? They made 265 million on the PS4 game and...22 million on the PC game but they still got rid of the studio.

Most of those decisions have being made by Jim Ryan and his goons starting 2019. So in summary:

- PC venture is an objective failure (while devaluating their brand)
- Driveclub and Days Gone eventually sold very well...but too bad they got rid of the developers behind those games.
- Now they own fewer (less diverse) studios (both Naughty dog / SSM still haven't produced a novel game on PS5) and are a GAAS + Marvel machine (with very bad deal with greedy Marvels).

Great Job Jim Ryan. Very good leadership

Last edited:

gow3isben

So as expected middling sales for Last of Us 2 below expectations. 8 million less than a REMASTER of the first one. That is how thirsty people were for more Last of Us that a remaster could sell that much.

Same amount of sales as the Nathan Drake collection.

Top Bottom