• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All PS4 Pro enhanced games (native support and boosted)

bennibop

Are there any other games that we know of that are getting patched other than Resogun, Fallout 4 and potentially Rocket League?

I'm pretty sure I'll pass for 60U$D but, I heard Dream Drop Distance is currently running at 4K Native and 60 fps (no supersampling for 1080p users, sadly but not really staggering for a 3DS port).

Is this confirmed? I'm not seeing on the list. If it drops to 30U$D or something close I might jump in.

I know the 1.5+2.5 supports 4K native as Square already posted on a handful of previews.

Need to update the list as Hitman now supports HDR.

Any news on Resogun patch??

OMG I NEED TO TEST THIS HITMAN IS AMAZING

Any word on 1080p downsampling?
All games in the list downsample to 1080p, unless Pro modes are marked with a red x. This is explained in more detail above.

Are there any other games that we know of that are getting patched other than Resogun, Fallout 4 and potentially Rocket League?
Yes, War Thunder is supposedly working on a patch. And Futuridium EP Deluxe was announced long ago, but the dev has been busy with a multiplatofrm launch of their new game (which is said to support Pro from day one).

Note that even more games may be enhanced, though. Some of the current ones weren't announced ahead of time, support just showed up in a patch. And in addition, there's pretty sizeable lists in the OP of released games that supposedly already have enhancements. But either I've gotten no material to test, or--more rarely--my inital tests didn't turn up anything obvious.

I'm pretty sure I'll pass for 60U$D but, I heard Dream Drop Distance is currently running at 4K Native and 60 fps (no supersampling for 1080p users, sadly but not really staggering for a 3DS port).

Is this confirmed?
It is not confirmed. Earlier in the thread someone posted a couple of screenshots. At least from those, the game looks 1080p. But I'd be happy to take another look, if anyone has screenshots that are meant to be 4K.

eastx

Something to look forward to:

SNIPER ELITE 4 FEATURES ON PLAYSTATION®4 PRO INCLUDE:
  • Enhanced frame rate
  • Increased draw distances
  • Increased geometry level of detail
  • Improved lighting and shadows fidelity
  • Increased image quality of reflections
  • Faster loading times

I've got a question. Every PS4 game after the PRO release was supported.

Will Persona 5 be supported? It came out in japan before PRO but will come out here after.

"Which games have pro enhancements?"
"
giphy.gif
"

Vexii

All games in the list downsample to 1080p, unless Pro modes are marked with a red x. This is explained in more detail above.
Aye I'm aware, I was more asking in regards to Nioh specifically, as it doesn't seem to be in the OP.

That being said, is this thread being updated with new games that come out? Or is it a neogaf limitation that posts can't be edited after a while?

That being said, is this thread being updated with new games that come out? Or is it a neogaf limitation that posts can't be edited after a while?
If you read the OP, you'll see that it includes a changelog. In addition to specifying games added (or removed), you can also assume that existing games have been revised to match the latest info on the dates given.

I'm pretty sure that's not true. Even if you don't include localized games.
Though really, you're just guessing it's not true. None of us have the data to say one way or the other. For example, can you name a game that's released since November 10th that doesn't have Pro support? There are some, but as far as I know they're all localized games which are just now being released in the West, which you say don't count. If you know of any others, what are they?

According to the info I've collected, about 120 games have released since the Pro launch. Of these, 16 (almost all the retail releases) definitely have Pro modes. About that many again have been claimed to have support by Sony, but haven't been analyzed. That does leave about 90 games not known either way, which sounds significant. But frankly, I doubt there's anyone in this thread who can say whether the Hasbro Family Fun Pack: Conquest Edition is Pro enhanced.

I strongly suspect you're right that some of these games aren't enhanced on Pro. But I don't think it's proper to say you're "pretty sure" unless you really can break down the numbers.

Oneself

Something to look forward to:

SNIPER ELITE 4 FEATURES ON PLAYSTATION®4 PRO INCLUDE:
  • Enhanced frame rate
  • Increased draw distances
  • Increased geometry level of detail
  • Improved lighting and shadows fidelity
  • Increased image quality of reflections
  • Faster loading times
That's pretty nice! Every devs should make lists.

SirNinja

Well, not games that already have a stable frame rate.

Boost mode is more than just framerate improvements. Things like load times can be shortened as well. Apparently Destiny (an almost rock-solid 30fps game) has benefited from Boost mode in this regard, esp. when going to social areas.

Autofokus

Xcom 2 got an update a few days ago. Like with previous updates, the changelog is useless (again, 'bug fixes').

Sh0k

Boost mode is more than just framerate improvements. Things like load times can be shortened as well. Apparently Destiny (an almost rock-solid 30fps game) has benefited from Boost mode in this regard, esp. when going to social areas.

Loading times in Destiny specially travelling to social areas is hard to measure, since the social areas have a limited number of players, while loading is also looking for a social area with an available space for you or your fireteam. I have times that I join a social area immediately and some times it takes a while.

philm87

Don Bradman Cricket 17 has PS4 Pro features apparently, not the most popular game but worth adding to the list. Can't nail down the exact improvements yet as I don't want to spend £45-£55 on the game, but there's reports of improved frame rate and sharper visuals on forums/reviews.

This thread is brilliant by the way.

Natels

Since Infinite Warfare is bad I downloaded BO3 for the first time on my Pro...

It has a lot of dips in some maps it really is a pain to play.

Edit: If I set output to 1080p in the menu the game will be a bit blurry but has no dips.

Said this a couple of days ago.

Fixed with the 1.20 update.

Don Bradman Cricket 17 has PS4 Pro features apparently, not the most popular game but worth adding to the list. Can't nail down the exact improvements yet as I don't want to spend £45-£55 on the game, but there's reports of improved frame rate and sharper visuals on forums/reviews.
Thanks for the info! I did a bit of digging, and did seem to locate evidence of improved framerate (though no clear indications of better imagery). I've added the game.

I've also added Nioh since it's releasing tomorrow, and the Dream Drop Distance portion of Kingdom Hearts II.8, which I'd previously neglected.

I'm currently in the process of putting together data on the titles affected by the PS4 Pro Boost mode that's in beta right now. I won't be putting this up until the feature comes out of beta--this thread is for released improvements--but this is a very large amount of new work, so I'm trying to get a head start.

Because it's so much ground to cover, I can already guarantee that I won't be able to personally vet every single entry. I do already rely on external sources, but I'd wager even they will be swamped by the scores if not hundreds of games possibly affected. This means that anything I write up for Boost titles will be much more tentative and subject to change. So let me ask everyone, would you rather:

1. Include all Boost-enhanced titles in the same list as other games. This has the advantage of unified search. But--though they would of course be clearly marked as Boost-enhanced rather than patch-enhanced--there's opportunity for confusion.
2. Make the Boost-enhanced titles a separate list. This has the advantage of making it clear that they're different. But it would mean you'd have to look for specific games in two different lists.

My personal preference would be the first option, as I think it's more generally usable. But I'm definitely willing to hear a preference for the second option, if that's the consensus.

Thanks so much for your input. Please keep posting impressions, screenshots, video, and links as you find them. I can't do nearly as much without help from GAF at large.

5taquitos

1. Include all Boost-enhanced titles in the same list as other games. This has the advantage of unified search. But--though they would of course be clearly marked as Boost-enhanced rather than patch-enhanced--there's opportunity for confusion.
2. Make the Boost-enhanced titles a separate list. This has the advantage of making it clear that they're different. But it would mean you'd have to look for specific games in two different lists.

I think a separate list would be more effective. It helps drive home the fact that Boost mode needs to be activated, and once people start to understand better that it only affects pre-Pro games it will be easier to know which list to look in.

Edit: Also, thanks again for all of this, your work pulling all of this disparate information together has resulted in one of the most useful threads in GAF history.

5taquitos

Is there a list of games that support supersampling? And what game should I get that "supersamples" the best?

Any game on the list with a resolution higher than 1920x1080 without a red X supersamples automatically on 1080p displays.

Ratchet & Clank is one of the better examples.

Oneself

I would prefer a seperate list... But just the fact that you're taking care of all this is amazing so I wouldn't mind the other option.

I vote for a separate list too.

For one thing once the initial work is out of the way, there should be almost no additions to the list.

The enhanced list will be constantly expanding.

philm87

I think a second list too as there will likely be a large amount of games effected by boost mode and the other enhanced games will get lost in the mix. There will also be an increase in the amount of enhanced games coming out in the coming months so it could turn into a huge list itself.

Crumpo

I think a second list too as there will likely be a large amount of games effected by boost mode and the other enhanced games will get lost in the mix. There will also be an increase in the amount of enhanced games coming out in the coming months so it could turn into a huge list itself.

I'm not sure if a separate boost list is required...there wasnt one for XB1S enhancements when that came out. It will also become impossible to manage, as you imply.

The original list was great as it allowed you to see the diff for new games, which is as stark as XB1 vs. OG ps4 in some cases.

I'm not sure if a separate boost list is required...there wasnt one for XB1S enhancements when that came out. It will also become impossible to manage, as you imply.

The original list was great as it allowed you to see the diff for new games, which is as stark as XB1 vs. OG ps4 in some cases.

Yeah, personally I'd mention Boost Mode in the FAQ or Statistics section, maybe noting the games that are most dramatically improved (like Just Cause 3 and AC Unity) and the ones that are broken by it (like SOMA). But it seems like an impossible task to list and detail the differences it brings to the hundreds of non-Pro PS4 games.

If I had to pick one though, I'd go with a separate list. My problem with mixing them into the Pro list is that it'd make it more difficult to just check out the Pro supported games.

mileS

i dont know if its me but Transformers Devastation looks incredibly sharp now.

Played it again 2 weeks ago and what the opposite effect for me lol. Lots of jaggy edges. Obviously nothing has changed, just my opinion of its look. Games like this and DBZ: Xenoverse 2 would benefit greatly from downsampling. Sadly that will never happen :(

It will also become impossible to manage, as you imply.
But it seems like an impossible task to list and detail the differences it brings to the hundreds of non-Pro PS4 games.
Lifting a mountain is impossible. Keeping a long list is just a matter of effort.

That said, I definitely won't be able to put as much time into checking each Boost mode enhancement as into the normal patch enhancements. And I clearly hear the majority opinion that this means the lists should be separate. So that's what I'll do when the time comes.

As usual, thanks to contributors!

Top Bottom