• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All Ryzen: Q&A with AMD CEO Dr. Lisa Su (Anandtech)

LordOfChaos

Roundtable of tech analysts interview SuBae, should be a good read!

Lisa Su: Of course what I would like to say is that I read more than any of those guys think. We are very flattered that there are so many people who wonder what we are doing, whether it’s Ryzen, or Navi, how we’re doing in IPC, the core count, the frequency, the price. We have so much advice that people are giving to us. All I can say is that the community is very important to us, to each one of us. What we believe is we are giving the community an exceptional set of products, and that’s how we feel about it.

Mark Hachman, PC World: There was no mention of Threadripper? Have you updated the roadmap?

Lisa Su:
You know what’s interesting – some of these things that circulate, on the internet. I don’t think we ever said that Threadripper was not going to continue. It sort of took a life of its own on the internet. You will see more Threadrippers (plural) from us. You will definitely see more Threadrippers from us. Look, we love the high-end desktop market. We see both content creators as well as workstation needs, and Threadripper has done well. You will see more from us with Threadripper.

Ian Cutress, AnandTech: Given that Ray Tracing has been announced in the PS5 specs, can you say if that’s a specific Sony optimization or is that inherent in RDNA?

Lisa Su: We certainly have done very specific optimizations for Sony. They are a very deep partner with us on semi-custom, and there are optimizations there. However we view ray tracing as a very important element across the portfolio. We will have ray tracing in a number of places. Will you look at that, you got me to say more about ray tracing!

More at the link

Last edited:
Top Bottom