• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All The Last of Us 2 leaks/spoilers in here and nowhere else.

I knew eventually they'd start with the "you must be getting paid to shill by Sony/ND/etc" accusations. predictable as ever.

Is the shill thing a real phenom? I don't get it. Like isn't it natural for someone excited for a new piece of media to want to defend it from people making specious claims about it?

Azurro

Banned
There's a problem with your argument, and that's the fact that my arguments have always been concerned with people jumping to conclusions and assuming things they shouldn't based on the leaks. Technically this means "defending the game" but until my post in reaction to the 90 minutes of footage I never said anything about having a positive outlook on the game what-so-ever, I simply don't care for leak culture and how people consume media. I also defended Rise of Skywalker when people were shitting on it based on leaks... and you know what? I hated it when I saw it. Doesn't change that people were wrong to assume things were inherently bad without seeing the context for themselves.

Not sure why it matters how much time I spend doing this, shouldn't everyone be used to the fact that quarantine is pretty fucking boring?

Hey, speaking of all that, weird how the game is some SJW thing without black main characters, huh? I mean isn't having black people the definition of diversity?

Sure dude, you are simply hating on leak culture, that's why you are going to like 3 or 4 threads picking fights with everyone defending this games' honor. I honestly hope you are getting paid, otherwise it'd be sad.

I love the leaks though, they have a pristine gym! With brand new equipment and facilities! This is incredible, the gym I just came back from looks shittier than this one in the apocalypse, this is amazing! :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Sure dude, you are simply hating on leak culture, that's why you are going to like 3 or 4 threads picking fights with everyone defending this games' honor. I honestly hope you are getting paid, otherwise it'd be sad.

I love the leaks though, they have a pristine gym! With brand new equipment and facilities! This is incredible, the gym I just came back from looks shittier than this one in the apocalypse, this is amazing! :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I'm honestly not picking fights with ever person upset about what they've seen in the leaks. If someone wants to cancel their pre-order over the leaks that's their choice. My posts are mainly calling out people who try and assume things based on the leaks. People who think they can fill in the blank scenes between those leaks when they 100% cannot without having experienced the game.

I assumed Abby's group is some sort of government group, they seem military, it's not unheard of that there would be facilities untouched by the menace, underground or otherwise.

Jon Neu

Banned
Hey, speaking of all that, weird how the game is some SJW thing without black main characters, huh? I mean isn't having black people the definition of diversity?

Aren’t you the one -in this very post I’m quoting nonetheless-, the one who claims you shouldn’t jump to conclusions before actually putting your hands on the material?

I mean, it’s ironic to say so and finalize your post with the “I haven’t seen any black people so far, therefore the game doesn’t have them. Ha! Gotcha!”.

And you definitely got us with that impeccable use of rationality. I mean, what if the game has all the minorities under the earth represented, all milllions of them, but they lack the trans black albinos in cheap wheelchairs.

Ha, not a SJW agenda at all then!

Impressive use of logic. Almost as impressive as your reading comprehension of the Game Of Thrones books, I dare to say.

Azurro

Banned
I'm honestly not picking fights with ever person upset about what they've seen in the leaks. If someone wants to cancel their pre-order over the leaks that's their choice. My posts are mainly calling out people who try and assume things based on the leaks. People who think they can fill in the blank scenes between those leaks when they 100% cannot without having experienced the game.

I assumed Abby's group is some sort of government group, they seem military, it's not unheard of that there would be facilities untouched by the menace, underground or otherwise.

Which supplement do you think they use? I bet they use Gnar Pump. It's on special now! I bet they took advantage of this before the cordiceps struck. Only 60 bucks!

Aren’t you the one -in this very post I’m quoting nonetheless-, the one who claims you shouldn’t jump to conclusions before actually putting your hands on the material?

I mean, it’s ironic to say so and finalize your post with the “I haven’t seen any black people so far, therefore the game doesn’t have them. Ha! Gotcha!”.

And you definitely got us with that impeccable use of rationality. I mean, what if the game has all the minorities under the earth represented, all milllions of them, but they lack the trans black albinos in cheap wheelchairs.

Ha, not a SJW agenda at all then!

Impressive use of logic. Almost as impressive as your reading comprehension of the Game Of Thrones books, I dare to say.

90 minutes of leaked footage and I only saw one black char who doesn't talk. This isn't the same as leaping to the conclusion that some have that Abby's revenge plot is given no context and she just suddenly appears and kills Joel, the funniest part of that assertion is the leaks PROVE this event DOES have context and explanation and build up. I never said you can't discern things from the leaks, that you can't figure out who the main characters are or shit like that, I'm arguing against assuming how a game handles it's story based on out of context snippets because in story-telling context matters.

bronk

Banned
JLyrUOP.jpg

Crap photoshops on my phone for you guys.

Grinchy

Banned
One hour and a half of TLoU2 footage.
Polish site.

Wow, that Abby is extremely jacked. And the scene of walking around their giant gym complex with fully working electric where it looks like they have a full cleaning crew keeping it all looking modern and vacuumed is kinda strange for this world.

Tommy's group found an actual power plant and worked for a long time trying to make it barley run. It looked like it was old and busted. This looked like some VIP gym area in a baseball stadium or some shit.

Is this supposed to be before the virus outbreak? It just doesn't make sense otherwise. And it really doesn't make sense how she maintains the Hulk body after it.

Last edited:
That intro sequence is the only thing to come out of these leaks that I've liked so far. Was very well done. The flashback to first game when Joel was talking to Tommy, and the guitar scene, was stellar.

Unfortunately literally everything else is "muh cycle of revenge" crap and Druckmann's fetish of violence.

And that fucking "boss fight" if you can even call it that, is abby throwing glass bottles at Ellie. What a travesty.

Last edited:

Saber

"Tried to provoke you" yeah that's not what I was doing, but thumbs up to you for trying to provoke me!

Like I said, you didn't change. The only thing you did so far is tried to shill people for disliking what they see, as if they should like because you do. You look like Serebii.

Like I said, you didn't change. The only thing you did so far is tried to shill people for disliking what they see, as if they should like because you do. You look like Serebii.

The whole point of discussing things is trying to sway other people to your side. If I thought they simply should see it my way because I do then I'd simply declare how I feel and demand people agree instead of explaining my positions.

Jon Neu

Banned
90 minutes of leaked footage and I only saw one black char who doesn't talk

So you have seen the equivalent of what? 5 minutes of a movie?

Funny how you are trying to rationalize jumping to conclusions when it’s you the one who does it, but you go on a crusade if anybody else does it.

leaping to the conclusion that some have that Abby's revenge plot is given no context and she just suddenly appears and kills Joel

Of course it’s going to be a build up to her killing Joel, who said the contrary?

The context is that she is the daughter of the surgeon Joel killed in the first game, we all know that. We know that’s why this super mega strong woman who appears out of the blue is going to kill Joel.

Then you came trying to equate It’s Maam to the Red Wedding and everything went to shit.

Jbomb19

Is the shill thing a real phenom? I don't get it. Like isn't it natural for someone excited for a new piece of media to want to defend it from people making specious claims about it?

oh yeah it's a thing. I remember when reviews for DC movies came out and fanboys were convinced that Marvel/Disney was paying critics to trash Justice League/Suicide Squad, etc.

it's totally natural to defend a new piece of media, especially when people aren't judging the finished product. but if they want to not buy the game based on leaks/out of context cut scenes and screengrabs ... that's their prerogative. although I'm entirely convinced that all these people who claim they aren't buying it/will wait until it's on sale for $5 will take one look at the full gameplay on YouTube/reviews week of release and run out and buy it, full price.

So you have seen the equivalent of what? 5 minutes of a movie?

Funny how you are trying to rationalize jumping to conclusions when it’s you the one who does it, but you go on a crusade if anybody else does it.

Of course it’s going to be a build up to her killing Joel, who said the contrary?

The context is that she is the daughter of the surgeon Joel killed in the first game, we all know that. We know that’s why this super mega strong woman who appears out of the blue is going to kill Joel.

Then you came trying to equate It’s Maam to the Red Wedding and everything went to shit.

I was just assuming, it was meant as a joke anyways. I don't actually think having black characters is the definition of diversity, but I still remember the headline about how Black Panther's cast being 90% black made it the most diverse movie ever.

Uh... maybe just actually read the thread because I've been arguing with someone who is saying exactly that, that there's no build and it will simply happen out of the blue for shock value.

That's the reason, when I say context I mean a lot more than that. What about her makes her capable of cold-blooded revenge and what does it say about her as a person? Stuff like that.

Yeah, I know, you all were really invested in the character of Walder Frey based on the maybe entire page of words dedicated to him in the first two books.

cormack12

Gold Member
See, it makes sense why she has the body of a man!

JIQB6JT.png

hU56GFt.png

I think it's funny that at some point, someone had to think we need to show a gym to justify this physique. For me that shows someone in the team realises how out of place it looks. And just throwing a gym in there sort of explains it away via a hand wave.

I also love that someone thought of that level of detail though.

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
oh yeah it's a thing. I remember when reviews for DC movies came out and fanboys were convinced that Marvel/Disney was paying critics to trash Justice League/Suicide Squad, etc.

it's totally natural to defend a new piece of media, especially when people aren't judging the finished product. but if they want to not buy the game based on leaks/out of context cut scenes and screengrabs ... that's their prerogative. although I'm entirely convinced that all these people who claim they aren't buying it/will wait until it's on sale for $5 will take one look at the full gameplay on YouTube/reviews week of release and run out and buy it, full price.

This, i haven't seen anything from these leaks, but i do believe that most people already overreaction. I think those same people also need to stop watching movies.

Saber

One of the tweets in the chain:

"You have to basically keep throwing beer bottles at Ellie's head while she try's to shoot you, that's it, that's the boss fight."

It is. Theres a video showing that. Details are:
-Playing as Abby, you have to defeat Ellie
- If you lose, the game will give you hints to how to beat Ellie, as if shes a boss
- She one hits kills you face-to-face with a shotgun(hence why the bottle is a must to stagger). If you disarm her, theres a strangle sequence
- Strangle sequence you have to keep pressing the button in order to "beat her"
- After that, Ellie fights you with a bow. Comes to close face-to-face also means instant death, so the game suggest you to use your senses

Last edited:

bronk

Banned
For a woman to get as jacked as abby they need to be a monster in the gym. Need all kinds of protein and some mexican supplements. Is she getting all those? Is she hitting the gym 3 times a day during the end of the world. Just lifting all day everyday? Stfu it's all crap. Such a joke just go all in and put ww on her chest so she can be a real super hero like they want her to be. I know how hard it is to get jacked. If you've never lifted in your life I can understand the response of durrrr womans get that buff normally too.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
I think it's funny that at some point, someone had to think we need to show a gym to justify this physique. For me that shows someone in the team realises how out of place it looks. And just throwing a gym in there sort of explains it away via a hand wave.

You had people in here saying her size was "unrealistic" because she needed to eat enough calories and workout regularly to maintain her physique.

It is. Theres a video showing that. Details are:
-Playing as Abby, you have to defeat Ellie
- If you lose, the game will give you hints to how to beat Ellie, as if shes a boss
- She one hits kills you face-to-face with a shotgun(hence why the bottle is a must to stagger). If you disarm her, theres a strangle sequence
- Strangle sequence you have to keep pressing the button in order to "beat her"
- After that, Ellie fights you with a bow. Comes to close face-to-face also means instant death, so the game suggest you to use your senses
I remember when I faced Lazarevic as the final boss in Uncharted 2 and it was fantastic. This, on the other hand, is such a chore.

cormack12

Gold Member
You had people in here saying her size was "unrealistic" because she needed to eat enough calories and workout regularly to maintain her physique.

I mean yeah that's true. It's just more of a fascination they included a gym. Its clearly to evidence there is a reason why she is so massive.

And if food is bountiful and everyone gets 4000 calories worth of food that will also be amazing detail.

Maybe the world has changed in five years. Maybe theres only a handful of infected left and theyve been able to construct district 13 🤷‍♂️

Have to wait and see.

bronk

Banned
This is the actual model they used for abby. woman that inject themselves with so much steroids they lose there tits get jaw line of a ss trooper, some even lose there female voices and start sounding like men.

yr26wic7a8411.png
This chick in particular is stupid jacked. A human experiment of steroid cocktails. #trenbabes

its the model they used for abby. this there a idea of a strong female character.

Wait, where is your evidence for that? Abby is based off Ashley Johnson based on what I've read, clearly Ashley Johnson isn't jacked like that but I'm not sure they need a body model they can just alter AJ's body.

bronk

Banned
its the model they used for abby. this is there a idea of a strong female character.
It's bonkers. That chick is like 1% of jacked women. Unless im mixing her up with someone else. She does all the CrossFit competition and she is an absolute freak. So a random chick in the end of the world can be the same as a crossfit freak in her spare time?

Last edited:
That's an easy one.

Dad named Neil: Hey kids, what's going this weekend?

Brother: Hey dad, check it out. I can hit fastballs no problem, and also throw a football across the street!

Sister: That's great Timmy. I wonder what I should do to have fun and be good at

Dad: Uhhhh.... Copy your brother

naw he drunkman would be more likely to tell his son to explore his feminine side. he would probably buy him barbies and dresses. while his daughter would be encouraged to be participate in football or wrestling.

MDSLKTR

And they decided to plug the gym literally the first minutes you start playing as that manbear with a braid. Talk about the subtlety of a brick to the face.

It's bonkers. That chick is like 1% of jacked women. Unless im mixing her up with someone else. She does all the CrossFit competition and she is an absolute freak. So a random chick in the end of the world can be the same as a crossfit freak in her spare time?
yea most the cross fit girls are on roids.

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
Wait, where is your evidence for that? Abby is based off Ashley Johnson based on what I've read, clearly Ashley Johnson isn't jacked like that but I'm not sure they need a body model they can just alter AJ's body.

Ashley Johnson plays Ellie dude.

Abby is played by Laura Bailley & her body model is a female crossfit athlete. Can't remember who. It was posted pages back in this thread.

Top Bottom