• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All The Last of Us 2 leaks/spoilers in here and nowhere else.

Humdinger

Gold Member
So revenge and hatred are bad. Thanks for the tip, Niel. I feel enlightened.

Damn, this game is violent. Why so violent?

He's trying to teach you a lesson about the effects of violence. He's said as much in his interviews. "The game is about the effects of violence." So he has to up the gore, put it in your face.

It all seems very preachy.

Last edited:
Watched the 90 minutes, kinda sold on the game, the introduction for the game is masterful, gorgeous... it's just so well done and reminds me why I loved TLOU in the first place. The combat looks dynamic and cinematic, it just all looks really good and the footage of Abby actually makes her seem interesting. Definitely not worried.

The dude who only has a neogaf account to shill for TLoU2 is "kinda sold on the game". What a shocker.

Woggleman

The game is still a day one purchase for me but that Days Gone thing somebody posted a few pages back shows why some people are having the reaction they are. It was my favorite game of 2019 but no matter how you feel about it much of the criticism was based on the main protagonist being a gruff white male and calling the game racist and sexist. Since about 2012 the super woke crowd have been attacking the gaming world with racial and gender politics and throwing a holy fit anytime they are not catered to. It is unfair to take all of that out on the TLOU2 and I feel people are being over the top but when you bring that kind of energy prepare for a blowback. If they would just let people be then people would be able to be objective about it.

The Ironic thing is that the SJWS are causing the exact opposite of what they claim to want. That being ND as much as any other dev has the right to follow their vision and make the kind of games they want. We should not follow the example of the SJWs and start whining everything time a game isn't catered to what we want.

He's trying to teach you a lesson about the effects of violence. He's said as much in his interviews. "The game is about the effects of violence." So he has to up the gore, put it in your face.

It all seems very preachy.
It's also a "Been there. Done that" sort of deal. There's already hundreds of movies, shows, books, and games depicting the consequences of violence and revenge. And when you do it with no subtlety, it just screams amateurism.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Imagine Druckmann being your father.
That's an easy one.

Dad named Neil: Hey kids, what's going this weekend?

Brother: Hey dad, check it out. I can hit fastballs no problem, and also throw a football across the street!

Sister: That's great Timmy. I wonder what I should do to have fun and be good at

Dad: Uhhhh.... Copy your brother

Jon Neu

Banned
is anybody gonna talk about this?

Where’s the side-by-side pic?

I know this must’ve been talked about earlier in another thread, but there’s no way I can find it

I already did jokes about it long ago.

Again, the usual suspects will not say anything meaningful about it.

The fact that the developers go out of their way to reduce Nostrilinia’s tits it’s a clear indication of their political agenda based on Anita’s Sarkeesian body of work and SJW fantasies in general.

You have to stop the male gaze, your female characters can’t be sexy.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Watched the 90 min video. Game looks great, the intro is fantastic.

Note the two versions of Joel's death. We get one from Ellie's perspective and one from Abby's, making it pretty certain that they are basically pulling a Nier. Albeit on a much higher budget so they get to do the NG+ with basically all new content.

Leak is kinda strange. Seems like the footage is from at least 3 different sources, all clearly distinguishable by the debug text overlays.

CobraXT

Banned
so abby is the daughter of a post apocalyptic doctor who wanted to vivicent an innocent child and she kills Joel because he didn't let her father experiment with living people
.. i dont care if you like woke stuff or sjw .. lgptq ..whatever .. if you find this a good story you are a fucking stupid

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
That's an easy one.

Dad named Neil: Hey kids, what's going this weekend?

Brother: Hey dad, check it out. I can hit fastballs no problem, and also throw a football across the street!

Sister: That's great Timmy. I wonder what I should do to have fun and be good at

Dad: Uhhhh.... Copy your brother

Sports competition? Sounds like toxic masculinity to me.

Jon Neu

Banned
How are the events of the new TLOU not triggered by the events of the first game, though?

Technically, the events of Terminator trigger what happens in the last installment of the series, but just like Abby, that movie and her are just afterthoughts.

There isn’t any foreshadowing at all, that’s one of the things Game Of Thrones is good at, it has an incredibly amount of foreshadowing hidden in plain sight.

Abby is just an afterthough and she comes out of the blue. Having a daughter nobody knew existed coming after you because you killed her father it’s just incredibly random. You could as much invent a secret evil twin of Ellie for the same price.

Last edited:

Nankatsu

Shit, just saw a couple of second of the montain lady. Wth is that?

Gonna stay clear from this game easily. What a shitshow.

Will wait for it to drop on PS Plus, in the future.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
so abby is the daughter of a post apocalyptic doctor who wanted to vivicent an innocent child and she kills Joel because he didn't let her father experiment with living people
.. i dont care if you like woke stuff or sjw .. lgptq ..whatever .. if you find this a good story you are a fucking stupid

LOL.

No offense, but if you want to critique a story it kinda helps if you can form a cogent argument and express it in a literate sentence.

Last edited:
Technically, the events of Terminator trigger what happens in the last installment of the series, but just like Abby, that movie and her are just afterthoughts.

There isn’t any foreshadowing at all, that’s one of the things Game Of Thrones is good at, it has an incredibly amount of foreshadowing hidden in plain sight.

Abby is just an afterthough and she comes out of the blue. Having a daughter nobody knew existed coming after you because you killed her father it’s just incredibly random. You could as much invent a secret evil twin of Ellie for the same price.

No story direction would have set-up from the first game because the first game is set-up to be a complete story. I think stuff like the MCU is causing people to not understand how media typically works.

Jon Neu

Banned
No story direction would have set-up from the first game because the first game is set-up to be a complete story. think stuff like the MCU is causing people to not understand how media typically works

Seems you finally get it.

And that’s why it’s incredibly silly for you to compare Game Of Thrones/ASOIAF with TLOU -apart from the fact that you don’t even know what happened in the books-. They are not at the same level of writting and -more importantly-, they have a totally different structure.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
english is not my first language

That doesn't excuse the fact that your argument makes no sense. And honestly, if English isn't your first language don't you think that your understanding of English-language media and discussion may also be imperfect?

Let me spell this out for you:

There's nothing fundamentally wrong with the story or setup; particularly because the core truth that its working with is that people don't always have a full and rounded understanding of the motivations and morality of every participant when they find themselves at cross purposes.

In simple terms good people can do bad things for the right reasons. What seems right to you, can be perceived as wrong by another person involved.

As I posted, its the Nier paradox. And those games are great and impactful stories.

Last edited:

Fun Fanboy

Banned
Saw something about ND not going to give bonuses early or something to help employees with corona. And that's why stuff could of leaked? Wild story if any of it's true.

EW1bGJCXsAA3eCB

Seems you finally get it.

And that’s why it’s incredibly silly for you to compare Game Of Thrones/ASOIAF with TLOU -apart from the fact that you don’t even know what happened in the books-. They are not at the same level of writting and -more importantly-, they have a totally different structure.

Dude, I read all the books, have been waiting for book 6 since I finished 5 in 2011, I read the first book in the early 2000s, you'll need to excuse me for not remembering Walder Frey's 2 paragraph sequence in it. Keep in mind ASOIAF was planned to be a trilogy and Martin is a discovery writer who doesn't plan every detail but lets the story dictate where things go, if your point is some crap about how planning extra entries is better writing or something.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Saw something about ND not going to give bonuses early or something to help employees with corona. And that's why stuff could of leaked? Wild story if any of it's true.

EW1bGJCXsAA3eCB

That's fucking retarded LOL.

Who exactly are they trying to extort? Decisions on things like release dates happen way, way up the corporate food-chain.

Also bonuses are paid at ND based on royalties, so doing something thats going to hurt sales is actively costing the leaker and all their co-workers money!

I hope its true because if it is, the person responsible is going to discover real quick that they have become the new #1 most hated person on the team*.

*although being honest, it really does sound like fan-fiction especially the way it makes Druckmann responsible for everything.

llien

Perhaps, relevant, having a choice is not representation, it MUST be shoved down't your throat:

(from twitter, but I guess it comes from a known place)

hjxEL8c.png

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
I think I may have figured something out.

Do you really play the second half of the game as Abby or is this more like an A and B scenario like Resident Evil 2?

Play Task

54ZCJHq.png

Look at the days on this list.

Each character has 3 days on their revenge tour.

Each day takes place at the exact same time.

Ellie Day 1

Ellie's day one journey begins in Seattle. This is after Joel has died.
the-last-of-us-state-of-play-screen-03-ps4-us-24sep19.original.jpg

Abby Day 1

Abby's journey begins with a flashback as shown in "Abby-flashback-dad..."

5zyjCN1.png

Next the scene goes to Joel's dying.

Here's the interesting part.

Ellie is saying, "Please stop!" But this is from Abby's perspective, not Ellie's.

blk9olE.png

If you look at her other gameplay footage, you can see it from Ellie's perspective.

She also says, "Please stop!" right before Joel dies.

fX8Dw5G.png

Going back to Abby.

Shortly after this scene ends, you're now in Seattle Day 1
umI2UkH.png

F7FwCrd.png

Both are in Seattle during day one. Both take place at the exact same time

Fast-forward to Day 3 for both characters.

Theater-ambush and Abby-Ellie-fight both take place at he exact same time.

Abby-Ellie-Fight does not say theater, but you are fighting in the theater
FG2tPvD.png

When you're fighting as Abby, you can see theater props in the background.

7oT6IuP.png

Both events take place on Day 3 and I think you will have the choice to choose between Abby and Ellie.

This feels like an A & B scenario similar to Resident Evil 2.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

EW1bGJCXsAA3eCB
If this is true and the contract/bonus obligation was agreed to at hiring, then the employees have no reason to bitch.

If a delayed game means delayed bonuses, that's the deal. No employee should ever be booking unaffordable bills ASSUMING big bonus payouts.

I know people in peer companies who get 25% bonuses one year (hey we achieved targets), and literally ZERO bonus thenext because they didn't hit targets. Still profitable, but not profitable enough. And if a company wants to play hardball with strict bonus structures it can be a goose egg.

Of course the company can be nice about it and do estimated payouts early, but since game sales are probably so uncertain and with the leak, sales could be affected a lot, how's Sony or ND supposed to ballpark an early bonus anyway? What they can do is piece it out bit by bit though.

Things like bonuses in my experience are ALWAYS a combo of hitting targets, but also some massaging and understanding. For example the game was delayed twice. Was that due to shitty employee work? Or head office calling the shots. If head office is controlling the launch you can't fault employees.

That's why in traditional office bonus structures (which gaming seems totally retarded), things out of control of employees like coronavirus, currency exchange swings, head office yanking products, a factory blows up, and other weird shit out of employee control, it is up to good management to throw employees a bone and give them a gimme.

Last edited:

Jon Neu

Banned
Dude, I read all the books

Then stop embarassing yourself trying to compare TLOU Abby with the Red Wedding because “the Freys were not in the first books”.

Not only they were plenty -and you yet still with the two paragraphs crap to try and save face 🤦🏻‍♂️ -, they were also foreshadowed and mentioned by other characters like Catelyn or Tywin, among others.

Martin is a discovery writer

Martin calls himself a gardener, but that doesn’t mean he doesn’t plan in advance. The first books are filled with foreshadowing -if you pay attention, that is- precisely because he likes mysteries, he likes to foreshadow things so they can pay off in the end in a coherent and organic way.

Then stop embarassing yourself trying to compare TLOU Abby with the Red Wedding because “the Freys were not in the first books”.

Not only they were plenty -and you yet still with the two paragraphs crap to try and save face 🤦🏻‍♂️ -, they were also foreshadowed and mentioned by other characters like Catelyn or Tywin, among others.

Martin calls himself a gardener, but that doesn’t mean he doesn’t plan in advance. The first books are filled with foreshadowing -if you pay attention, that is- precisely because he likes mysteries, he likes to foreshadow things so they can pay off in the end in a coherent and organic way.

He literally has said he's a discovery writer and part of why the stories take so long to come out is if one chapter contradicts another he has to go back and re-write the prior chapter. I'm not seeing how they were in it plenty, there's no real backing for that. That they were in it should be a feather in your cap all the same, tbh, but for some reason you have to push it by claiming they were plenty in the books which is just confusing. A crucial character who puts our mains in peril, Ramsay Bolton, is not mentioned in the first book at all, for instance.

Azurro

Banned
He literally has said he's a discovery writer and part of why the stories take so long to come out is if one chapter contradicts another he has to go back and re-write the prior chapter. I'm not seeing how they were in it plenty, there's no real backing for that. That they were in it should be a feather in your cap all the same, tbh, but for some reason you have to push it by claiming they were plenty in the books which is just confusing. A crucial character who puts our mains in peril, Ramsay Bolton, is not mentioned in the first book at all, for instance.

Dude, I'm amazed, don't you get tired to shill for this game? That seems to be literally your job, you are here all day for the last few days. Are you being paid for this? People are pissed off, that's it.

Not me though, now I'm laughing, I hope they have a montage scene with Eye of the Tiger playing in the background. Or wait, two montages! No, three!! The girl even gained height from the beginning scene, this is the best. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:
Dude, I'm amazed, don't you get tired to shill for this game? That seems to be literally your job, you are here all day for the last few days. Are you being paid for this? People are pissed off, that's it.

Not me though, now I'm laughing, I hope they have a montage scene with Eye of the Tiger playing in the background. Or wait, two montages! No, three!! The girl even gained height from the beginning scene, this is the best. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I'm arguing Game of Thrones in that post, weird post to call out for my "shilling". Also I'm more concerned with the people who have no interest in the game that keep posting about it than the people that do. It's weird how people ask if you have nothing better to do while they continue to troll a game they allegedly have no interest in.

Jon Neu

Banned
He literally has said he's a discovery writer

He literally has said he knows the more important bits, he knows how all ends, it’s just that he keeps adding stuff, he keep adding minor characters and side stories and legends and everything is getting bigger and bigger. He is a perfectionist and he knows ASOIAF it’s going to be his magnum opus, so he wants to pour everything he has and do it perfectly. And that’s why his scripts are amazing, because they have and incredibly amount of thought put into them. Rewriting shit all over again it’s pretty normal in that situation.

So yeah, he is a gardener, but he also has the most important stuff well defined. That’s why the books are filled with an insane amount of foreshadowing that literally works at various levels.

I'm not seeing how they were in it plenty

Oh, I believe you.

Last edited:

Azurro

Banned
I'm arguing Game of Thrones in that post, weird post to call out for my "shilling". Also I'm more concerned with the people who have no interest in the game that keep posting about it than the people that do. It's weird how people ask if you have nothing better to do while they continue to troll a game they allegedly have no interest in.

Come on, you have been shilling and going on multiple threads to white knight for this game for multiple hours. Even went as far as saying "the latest video sold me on the game", as if you weren't sold on it from the beginning. Are you getting paid? It's weird.

Now, do you think they'll add a robot friend to the game like in Rocky 4? Will they have a trans, black, chinese, gender neutral, simultaneously jewish and muslim AND disabled version of Draco? :messenger_beaming:

What will the special edition be called? "The Last of Us 2: Lifting for Jesus (insert god of your choice, don't want to offend anyone)". :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Come on, you have been shilling and going on multiple threads to white knight for this game for multiple hours. Even went as far as saying "the latest video sold me on the game", as if you weren't sold on it from the beginning. Are you getting paid? It's weird.

Now, do you think they'll add a robot friend to the game like in Rocky 4? Will they have a trans, black, chinese, gender neutral, simultaneously jewish and muslim AND disabled version of Draco? :messenger_beaming:

What will the special edition be called? "The Last of Us 2: Lifting for Jesus (insert god of your choice, don't want to offend anyone)". :messenger_tears_of_joy:

There's a problem with your argument, and that's the fact that my arguments have always been concerned with people jumping to conclusions and assuming things they shouldn't based on the leaks. Technically this means "defending the game" but until my post in reaction to the 90 minutes of footage I never said anything about having a positive outlook on the game what-so-ever, I simply don't care for leak culture and how people consume media. I also defended Rise of Skywalker when people were shitting on it based on leaks... and you know what? I hated it when I saw it. Doesn't change that people were wrong to assume things were inherently bad without seeing the context for themselves.

Not sure why it matters how much time I spend doing this, shouldn't everyone be used to the fact that quarantine is pretty fucking boring?

Hey, speaking of all that, weird how the game is some SJW thing without black main characters, huh? I mean isn't having black people the definition of diversity?

Jbomb19

I knew eventually they'd start with the "you must be getting paid to shill by Sony/ND/etc" accusations. predictable as ever.

Top Bottom