• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All White House staff are now skipping the annual correspondents dinner

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if he actually expected them to cancel it in his absence.

Invite Baldwin and make it one for the history books. In fact I demand they make it as ridiculous as possible and that a detailed description of the events that transpired are the only thing under his passage in any American history books.

giphy.gif

Minamu

Last year, Obama: "Next year, someone else will stand here... and it's anyones guess who she might be"

November, me: "Oh shit, he was wrong!"

Now, me: "Well, guess he could be right then"
It'd be hilarious if they got Hillary to attend instead, like "this is OUR president" :lol

RPGCrazied

Good. I hope its still on. And I hope they get some people to make fun of this administration. Just roast their asses no holds bard.

mclem

Invite Alec Baldwin.

Have a Trump-off between Baldwin and Atamanuik

It's a lot funnier to imagine all of them staying home and watching it on TV anyway. Trump in his bathrobe, seething into the screen.

Fun alternative plan: Do this explicitly - i.e., go to an occasional 'live feed' of 'Trump' reacting to the show on TV, ending with 'him' storming in - still in bathrobe - to do a speech.

Edit: Better still! Incorporate his actual live tweets into it.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I don't think it can get worse for Trump than the 2011 roast. I think Colbert is the only guy who's got this Trump thing nailed down.

Derwind

Please. Please god let them do them do the Clint Eastwood empty chair gag but have that done for all the seats that Trump & all his staff would normally sit, along with name cards so we know exactly who is being roasted.

I would definitely pitch in what I could to cover the costs of those seats. Maybe start a fundraiser for just this purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom