• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All White House staff are now skipping the annual correspondents dinner

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope it's just me overthinking things, but something about the fact that no one from the White House is going seems kinda... sinister.

besada

Banned
It's a lot funnier to imagine all of them staying home and watching it on TV anyway. Trump in his bathrobe, seething into the screen.

This is actually what happened.

Guess Trump accomplished what he set out to do, retcon it in his favor.

You're right, in that some outlets have already declined to attend before Trump made the decision not to, but unfortunately not enough declined to cancel the dinner outright.

It's probably time for the event to end and maybe get remade in a different image. Ever since Bush there's a certain uneasiness about the press goofing around with the president they're tasked with reporting on and questioning, throwing celebrities into the mix. It's a bizarre affair. Even under a cool president like Obama the event always struck me as somewhat odd, somewhat inappropriate.

I hope Jeffrey Ross will be there dressed up as Putin.

He was a great Gaddafi:

Jeff_Ross_300_Roast.jpg

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Trump just absolutely cannot face a crowd he doesn't control.

Absolutely pathetic.

Are these things televised or just livestreamed? Either way this is probably the first one I'll ever watch on account of how savage its going to be.

They should have several large empty tables in the midst of full tables for everyone else, with placcards for each Trump staffer who they'd expect would be there.

Table 16
1. S. Spicer
2. S. Bannon
3. V. Putin
4. D. Trump
5. K. Conway
6. J. Sessions

I'd love it if every time this happens (this, the national's game, etc) where someone asks the President to show up for something traditionally attended by him and Trump refuses, they just invite Obama instead. He would throw a hissy fit.

Majine

Banned
Last year, Obama: "Next year, someone else will stand here... and it's anyones guess who she might be"

November, me: "Oh shit, he was wrong!"

Now, me: "Well, guess he could be right then"

Rootbeer

Banned
Media, I'm sure you are taking note. Just another reminder that the Trump administration deserves honest reporting from you. Pulling your punches isn't winning you any favors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom