• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All X-Men movies ranked (Rotten Tomatoes) - For the first time I agree with them!

HoodWinked

I won't disagree with anyone's list for putting Logan at #1 its a good film. Personally I like Days of Future Past more, one of the best story lines in Xmen and they actually managed to execute it.

Also parts of the wolverine are really fucking good but then the ending is so fucking bad, its the most two faced movie ever.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
DOFP for me, Logan is great but it's very much Yet Another Wolverine Movie.

I won't disagree with anyone's list for putting Logan at #1 its a good film. Personally I like Days of Future Past more, one of the best story lines in Xmen and they actually managed to execute it.

Also parts of the wolverine are really fucking good but then the ending is so fucking bad, its the most two faced movie ever.

They didn't execute it for me. Kitty Pryde not main character? Sentinels suck ass? The climax is Magneto lifting something big again?

Pagusas

Elden Member
I feel days of futures past is just as bad as all the other bad ones. X2 was my favorite when I left the theater the first time, and the only that made me feel excited for more. Even that isnt good on rewatch though.

Logan felt like it was trying to hard, like "I want an oscar" film, but it just felt cheap to me, and disconnected from everything. Deadpool doesnt count (sorry).

Last edited:

Fbh

Jesus....Dark Phoenix is even worse than Wolverine? That almost makes me want to check it out.

I liked the first 2, Logan and Deadpool 1/2 I guess even though I don't exactly think they are Xmen Movies.

All the other ones are somewhere between "meh" and just straight up bad

Gp1

i would shuffle the first 3

1. First class
2. Logan
3. Days of future past.

The rest is pretty much spot on

Last edited:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
First Class was decent, but it was a wasted opportunity due to them rushing the character arcs to get to paralyzed Xavier and bad guy Magneto. Slow down and do some world building over multiple movies, for cryin' out loud.

im not counting logan as an x-men movie

but the top being DOFP, first class and X2

spot fucking on

these movies really do scream x-men to me

the x-training theme from first class is goddamn electric all over your back muscles and triceps

that motherfucker almost shoots out of your hands

so good

SinDelta

How do you reboot the franchise after the disaster of X-3, make two amazing movies with First Class and Days of Future Past, and then screw it all up again with Age of Apocalypse and Dark Phoenix?

Going forward X-Men movies should have a "Avoid Dark Phoenix storyline at all possible cost" mandate.

Days of Future Past
First Class
X-2
The Wolverine
Deadpool 2

Last edited:

MaestroMike

Gold Member
Days of future past is definitely number one. Movies with a ton of characters end up usually kinda sucking but days of future past just killed it. Can't think of anything wrong with it. My heart was pounding throughout the whole film when I first watched it.

Last edited:
Kevin Bacon's introduction in First Class is a top 3 most confusing moments of my life. I didn't know anything about the movie and I was like what the fuck is that Kevin Bacon in X-Men and he's speaking German?

squaAxS.gif

mcjmetroid

Jesus....Dark Phoenix is even worse than Wolverine? That almost makes me want to check it out.

I liked the first 2, Logan and Deadpool 1/2 I guess even though I don't exactly think they are Xmen Movies.

All the other ones are somewhere between "meh" and just straight up bad
Best part of dark phoenix was the soundtrack. Han Zimmer is the best.

My top 5 would be:
First class
X2
Logan
Days of future past
X1

I'm not really counting Deadpool. I can't even remember the films. Enjoyable though.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
When the first XMen movie came out in 2000, I was 15 years old and after seeing it, it made me think "Have I outgrown the things I once treasured as a child?"

Then I was digitally raped with 364 superhero movies over the next 20 years and now I have PTSD.

I'll always have a special hatred in my heart for XMen because starting this ungodly trend brought America to it's knees. We used to get two war movies a year God damnit!!

Man the movies started out so good with X1. The Magneto gate scene, basically all of Wolverine and Rogue together in Alaska or wherever, was all amazing. Such a shame it all went to such impressive shit.

They did rebound with the First Class and DOFP movies. Though they went back to being trash after that. Idk if I could rate Phoenix above Origins though, Origins was just so brutally bad. My five would be:

1. Logan
2. DoFP
3. Deadpool
4. Deadpool 2
5. X-Men

Blond

Banned
I gotta say I don't understand the point of Days of Future Past. You spend the whole moving stopping a SINGLE assassination's because it shows mutants in a bad light, yet destroying half a city by dragging a sports stadium across it doesn't? That confused the hell out of me lol.

kunonabi

I gotta say I don't understand the point of Days of Future Past. You spend the whole moving stopping a SINGLE assassination's because it shows mutants in a bad light, yet destroying half a city by dragging a sports stadium across it doesn't? That confused the hell out of me lol.

The movie is just a gigantic mess in all honesty. I'm told the Rogue cut fixes it but I just don't so how more of Anna Paquin's godawful "Rogue" could make anything better.

Last edited:

Alcibiades

Dark Phoenix was not THAT bad. I actually really enjoyed it. Certainly better than Apocalpse, X3, and X-Men Origins.

I get that it's not the "proper" storyline from the comics and that timelines are an issue, but I found it entertaining and still love the characters.

The main problem was that it wasn't an "epic" blockbuster-type film, which is what the story demands. But considering the development hell of going from 2 films to 1, I can forgive it.

I like that they actually gave an Xman (Jean Grey) other than Professor X/Wolverine/Magneto some time to shine. And ending the series on a "protect your family" theme was a good message to end it.

Yeah, it has a lot of little faults like some dialogue and underemphasizing Cyclops and Quicksilver, but I liked that is gave us a message of hope and family.

Liamario

Banned
The first two X-Men movies haven't aged well in my opinion. But other that, the rankings are agreeable enough.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
I didn't like DoFP. DoFP is a Shadowcat story, Wolverin'e most important role in DoFP is fucking dying.

Top Bottom