• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

all you can eat sushi

Status
Not open for further replies.

I_D

Just want to clarify:

Sushi is NOT raw fish. You guys are thinking of sashimi.

There's an all-you-can-eat place down the road from me for $15. It's not the world's greatest, but it's a damn good deal. I could eat sushi every day. Who knew eel would taste so good?

Fuck a sushi roll
Nigiri is where it's at
salmon_sushi_i

Why would you dismiss an entire kind of sushi? Rolls are fantastic. Nigiri is fantastic. Chirashi is fantastic. Sushi don is fantastic.

v1lla21

only if you go to a reputable place.

Like it's 30 bucks to get in, is completely full, and every other person there is Asian/PacIs? You're probably good.
Lol you just described the place I go to.

Nigiri so damn good. I enjoy specialty rolls too though. My favorite appetizer is shrimp balls.

peach

One time we stopped at a sushi buffet in rural West Virginia close to our hometown in Ohio. We thought, "What is this with bright orange in it?" Then we tasted... Sushi with a nice chunk of velveeta in the center... YUCK!

zeopower6

Just want to clarify:

Sushi is NOT raw fish. You guys are thinking of sashimi.

Sushi can have the raw fish on top though. Plus calling it all you can eat sushi is a lot more appealing (and accessible) to some over all you can eat sashimi.

I went to a food truck once and had these... so good. Temarizushi~ Not too expensive either.

PbxlwFD.jpg

surrogate

I go to this place when I want to treat myself.

After filling my plate six or seven times I hate myself, but still don't regret my decision.

I've been to the Little Ferry and Morris Plains locations, and liked the one in Little Ferry a bit more. I would probably go more often if it wasn't >65 miles from where I live. Ichi Umi in Edison is almost as good and the Tokyo Buffet in Freehold is pretty good for the price.

AYCE isn't necessarily a buffet. I've been to places where you're sitting at the sushi bar and can keep ordering off a special menu of freshly prepared items. Not bad, but they go nuts if you don't eat the rice (to fill you up).

Ya i agree. Buffet Sushi is pretty scary to me. Pretty much 90% of the Sushi bars here are AYCE (quite rare to not see an AYCE).

We have a joint like that here in Albany called Sushi X. The sushi is delicious, problem is I always order too much and have to pay for what I can't take. It's also around $30 a head, so quite expensive. Still, it's a hell of a deal and I don't have to eat for a week, so thumbs up.

Best roll is the X Roll. Tuna, Salmon and Yellowtail, wrapped and TEMPURA BATTERED AND DEEP FRIED. SO FUCKING GOOD.

I haven't gone to an all you can eat in over a decade but when I was younger it was a really great social thing to do with friends.

We would order many plates of salmon and tuna sashimi, all of it as fresh to order as the restaurant was capable of doing.

This is in Vancouver BTW and the city is known for having some of the best sushi outside of Japan.

Chibot

I'm always hopefully that buffet sushi will be good, but it rarely even approaches average.

All you can eat and so cheap, right? But then reality hits and you realize the only way to get cheap sushi is to make it at home. That's what I do.

Novoitus

Banned
There's a sushi place around here that does all you can eat sushi for $25. Last time I went both of my friends puked about 30 minutes after we got done eating. I was close.

I guess it was worth it

Anyone know of any around the Modesto/Stanislaus county area in CA? The only one I've been to is a buffet where the sushi floats around on boats, but because I'm allergic to shrimp I couldn't eat half the crap available.

I've only just started eating sushi this year, but I've been eager to try more stuff. Most sushi here though is indeed those themed rolls posted earlier, with spicy sauces and all that. If there are normal nigiri sushi it's usually a lot more expensive.

kamakazi5

Sushi is one food that fills me up very quickly. I feel satisfied with just 6-8 pieces, maybe a bit extra if it's mostly sashimi.

zeopower6

Anyone know of any around the Modesto/Stanislaus county area in CA? The only one I've been to is a buffet where the sushi floats around on boats, but because I'm allergic to shrimp I couldn't eat half the crap available.

I've only just started eating sushi this year, but I've been eager to try more stuff. Most sushi here though is indeed those themed rolls posted earlier, with spicy sauces and all that. If there are normal nigiri sushi it's usually a lot more expensive.

Usually the nigiri/maki that are without sauces are a bit cheaper than the alternative. Are you sure they're not on the menu somewhere? The local place that does them here has stuff like spicy tuna or eel for about half the price of a saucy roll.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
O-toro is like 40 bucks here. For 2 pieces of Nigiri. It's so cruel.

Rest assured when work takes me to San Ramon, most of my comped meals are at this little sushi bar. The waitress was surprised I came back so often.

So how much should cost my $10 tuna lunch menu?

Forkball

Sushi is not something you can half ass. Great sushi is amazing, ok sushi is still enjoyable, but bad sushi? THE WORST.

KBMYAC

Neo Member
All that I know is that my co-worker went to an all you can eat sushi buffet and hasn't shown up to work for two days.

thelatestmodel

Junior, please.
All you can eat sushi can be good, but only if you know a good place. There's a place near me that is just spectacular, excellent sushi at an unbelievable price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom