• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alleged serial killer apparently reviewed many products on Amazon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guevara

The same month that Todd Kohlhepp acquired 95 secluded acres near Woodruff in May 2014, an Amazon user named "me" with a wish list linked to "Todd Kohlhepp" began to leave chilling reviews for products the user said he had purchased.

The reviews have caught the attention of Spartanburg County Sheriff’s Office investigators who are looking into Kohlhepp’s online interactions as part of their investigation into the man Spartanburg County Sheriff Chuck Wright has said is likely a serial killer and has been linked to as many as seven deaths.

The Amazon user posted reviews for padlocks, tactical gear, targets, knives and gun accessories, often writing batches of reviews at various time in 2014, 2015 and 2016. The user posted a number of reviews just days before Anderson residents Kala Brown and Charlie Carver went missing in August.

Kohlhepp has been charged with kidnapping Brown, 30, of Anderson and keeping her chained by the neck and ankles for two months inside a metal storage shed on his property. Carver's body was exhumed last week from the property and the coroner said he was shot multiple times.

In one review about a padlock, the Amazon user wrote, “solid locks.. have 5 on a shipping container.. wont stop them.. but sure will slow them down til they are too old to care. (sic)”

On a review of a knife posted on Sept. 13, 2014, he said, “havnet (sic) stabbed anyone yet...... yet.... but I am keeping the dream alive and when I do, it will be with a quality tool like this...”

For a shovel with a folding handle, the user posted a review suggesting, “keep in car for when you have to hide the bodies and you left the full size shovel at home.... does not come with a midget, which would have been nice.”

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/sto...ch-attention-kohlhepp-investigators/93403782/

I received this item in exchange for my honest and unbiased opinion, if old.

georly

I think this was mentioned in this thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1294371&page=1

This post: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=222981987&postcount=422

i9ec.png

Soul Beat

Dude...That padlock quote is too much.

How could have anyone not notice something was up solely from that? Did they think it was just dark humor or something?

Interesting that sickos like this always deep down want to get caught. Maybe it's because they're tired of keeping up the lie of living a double life. Or they want the notoriety.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Dude...That padlock quote is too much.

How could have anyone not notice something was up solely from that? Did they think it was just dark humor or something?

Have you seen some of the joke/troll reviews on Amazon? There are tons in this style from people just trying to get a rise out of strangers.

gutshot

Side note, but if someone has literally confessed to crimes does that still make them "alleged"? Just curious about that.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Lots of cases of people confessing to crimes they didn't commit either due to police duress or plea deals.

In this case though it seems he did it. He had info on several cases a lay person would not and was rather frank about giving details. That and they already found the body of the husband of the girl they found he had kidnapped and kept in the container.

Deranged and stupid. How dumb do you have to be to leave reviews like that if you're actually a serial killer? At least he made it easier for the authorities to catch him.

Regginator

Deranged and stupid. How dumb do you have to be to leave reviews like that if you're actually a serial killer? At least he made it easier for the authorities to catch him.

You make it seem as if serial killers have a tendency to be rational human beings to begin with.

Jeremy

This story ended up turning into one of the most disturbing things that I've ever read. I remember the GAF thread where it ultimately felt like they had eloped or someone had 'hacked' their accounts and were posting on the boyfriend's Facebook feed. I can't imagine going 2 months locked and leashed inside a storage container in the heat of the summer after witnessing your boyfriend be murdered.

RainForce

Banned
The amount of fake reviews along those lines makes this scarier. You just never know if someone's serious these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom