• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Woman missing for two months found ‘chained up like a dog’ inside container

Status
Not open for further replies.

LQX

Edit - Seems to be the same woman from this thread....
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1294371

------

She said she was kept inside the container for two months

A South Carolina woman who was reported missing in late August was found “chained up like a dog” inside a storage container, authorities said Thursday.

Spartanburg County Sheriff Chuck Wright said deputies discovered Kala Brown in the town of Woodruff after they heard the 30-year-old woman banging on the chained and locked container, according to WYFF 4.

Brown, who had a chain around her neck, told her rescuers that her captor kept her inside the container for two months and fed her regularly, the news outlet said. The container was about 30 feet by 15 feet, Wright said.

Brown, who worked for Kohlhepp, warned detectives that there may be other victims. “We’re trying to make sure that we don’t have a serial killer on our hands,” Wright said.

http://time.com/4557528/woman-chained-south-carolina-kala-brown/

Wow. I sometimes wonder how many people might be chained and locked up as prisoners of some sicko.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Thank god it wasn't years or decades. It's happened :(

Wow. I sometimes wonder how many people might be chained and locked up as prisoners of some sicko.
It's creepy that there could be - and likely are - people going through that hell, as we sit here posting.

grumble

Think about how many thousands of people are locked up in someone's house right now. Likely at least one in any small city, could be several.

TI82

Banned
So this is presumably the guy that was posting on the Facebook too. This story gets so weird it almost seems too weird to be real like its some bizarre marketing campaign for a movie but I'd really hope no one is that out of touch to try this.

EGM92

So this is presumably the guy that was posting on the Facebook too. This story gets so weird it almost seems too weird to be real like its some bizarre marketing campaign for a movie but I'd really hope no one is that out of touch to try this.

Humanity is far far gone. Don't put anything past anyone.

TI82

Banned
Humanity is far far gone. Don't put anything past anyone.

Yeah just read the info about the monster from the other thread. Stories like this are why its hard to get to know people sometimes. Shady people I just Dont trust at all to get past the first time meeting them

MrMephistoX

Fuck man I wonder if west world lifelike robots are truly the answer to curbing sickos like this? Dude deserves to be chained up in prison before he gets the electric chair.

Fuck man I wonder if west world lifelike robots are truly the answer to curbing sickos like this? Dude deserves to be chained up in prison before he gets the electric chair.

No, even if it were possible, we shouldn't cater to people like this by giving them toys to play with that satiate their need to act on their sick fantasies. I get what you're trying to go for, but it's pretty enabling to think like that.

Considering the woman didn't say anything along the lines, we can probably rule out the husband being involved with the captor right?

Story is so nuts, it wouldn't surprise me.

Grisby

Damn. :east she wasn't there too long. Psych trauma from that would be nuts.
Thank god it wasn't years or decades. It's happened :(

It's creepy that there could be - and likely are - people going through that hell, as we sit here posting.
Nightmare fuel.

reminds me of a gaffer who shared a story about how his cousin was abducted and kept in a warehouse, he was raped and was able to escape after a while, he heard the abducters talking about selling him into sexual slavery, that story still sends chills down my spine. Chained like a dog so horrific.

This is the same woman who was is related to the "facebook account coming to life" thread.

Holy shit!

reminds me of a gaffer who shared a story about how his cousin was abducted and kept in a warehouse, he was raped and was able to escape after a while, he heard the abducters talking about selling him into sexual slavery, that story still sends chills down my spine. Chained like a dog so horrific.
Wow! This world is fuck up.

So she worked for him too. Ugh that's so awful. Working under him she probably trusted him and was easily lured into this. It's bad enough she was kidnapped and likely assaulted (feels okay to speculate since he's already a convicted sex offender for rape and kidnapping) but on top of that her husband/boyfriend is probably dead. So fucked up.this poor girl. If I wasn't broke right now I'd be donating a goodly amount to her GoFundMe page. It appears it was setup a while ago for the search for her but I'm sure she could still use.the money at this point to get back on her feet, move, whatever. It only has $2500 out of a $4000 goal so far. I'm sure once news of this spreads though people will start to chip in

I personally think it sounds a little insulting. You probably wouldn't call a 30 year old male a "boy". I know plenty of grown women who would object to bring called girl as it can come off as demeaning.

This is really off topic, but even though I've noticed how using "girl" can be demeaning. At the same time, I believe it's use is often equated to "guy and girl" instead of "boy and girl". Meaning that saying, "look at that guy over there" is equivalent to saying "look at that girl over there". I've tried to avoid saying "girl" in case someone feels offended, but it is rather difficult.

Back to the main topic. That's absolutely horrible what has happened to her, and I'm glad she was found and wasn't held prisoner for longer or even killed. It's not looking good for her boyfriend but I hope for the best. The article says that they were acquaintances with the captor, it's a shitty world at times.

PSqueak

Banned
I personally think it sounds a little insulting. You probably wouldn't call a 30 year old male a "boy". I know plenty of grown women who would object to bring called girl as it can come off as demeaning.

*insert rio olympics scandal link in here*

I agree with you tho.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
I think about this shit a lot. Human trafficking is frightening in how common it is and young women frequently just disappear.
For real. Remember those 3 girls that were captive for 10 years? 10 fucking years! And they got pregnant too from the guy.
Even weirder, Tina Fey basically made a sitcom about one of them with super specific jokes most people missed. Weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom