• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Allegedly Leaked Starfield Footage (Fake: See OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

O-N-E

giphy.gif

d16fff370f87a08c198d4eb38928918429f89499.gifv

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
Sound like a combination of both of Elite and SC maybe. I'm curious since i really like SC so hopefully we'll see something soon from StarField

It almost seems like they tried too hard to make the video quality worse than it ever should be in 2020, unless that was done extra to make it harder to figure out where it has leaked from? I mean that recording is dreadful.

That being said, if we are flying through wormholes ala Interstellar in this game then sign me the hell up

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
It almost seems like they tried too hard to make the video quality worse than it ever should be in 2020, unless that was done extra to make it harder to figure out where it has leaked from? I mean that recording is dreadful.

That being said, if we are flying through wormholes ala Interstellar in this game then sign me the hell up

Nah, they were trying to make it look like a Bethesda game in 2020 "pie_tears_joy:

Kadayi

Banned

I've a feeling it was running on a console so it's just handheld phone footage zoomed in as they probably don't want any identifiers showing that might lead Beth back to them.

Last edited:

Matt_Fox

There's nothing obviously 'Bethesda' in that video (Starfield has been confirmed to be using the Gamebryo engine)… but the footage looks pretty cool regardless. It's been a while since we've had a great single-player space exploration RPG (Mass Effect 2?) and I'm ready!

Ixiah

Banned
Considering its the same same Eon old Engine as Skyrim, i somehow doubt it will be anything but a Bugfest, no matter what Todd Coward tells me how amazing it is.
"It just Works" my ass.

Matt_Fox

I know that Bethesda can’t make Fallout and Elder Scrolls forever but Elder Scrolls 6 excited me way more than this... like I NEED Elder Scrolls 6 info 😂😂

Me too, but I think Starfield will give us the best indication of what Elder Scrolls VI will be like. We'll get to see the next gen iteration of their engine and the iteration of their RPG gameplay (character creator / voiced or unvoiced protagonist / how they handle followers / etc).

McCheese

Does it matter if it's real or fake when it shows fuck all? Could be any one of 20 generic-looking space sims with the logo pasted on afterwards in after-effects.

Banned
FAKE!
It did neither crash nor did we see a glitched NPC fly across the screen typing on an invisible typewriter while his head continuously spins in place.

can't be a Bethesda game!

Kadayi

Banned
Ya, it looks cropped and zoomed. Looks like it could be real. If this game ends up being NMS lite, I have a feeling it's going to be the biggest bethesda glitch fest of all time. Can't wait.

I'll be honest I don't know much about the game (someone just passed me the footage and I figured I'd share it). But I think the big issue is with anything set in space is the matter of scale against complexity. NMS does a decent Job with the whole procedural thing, but it is limited in what it can do with the environments. Every planet/moon has a uniform climate, and there are no rivers, tides or truly mountainous environments (yet). You set a space game in our solar system, you're having to start operating with an increased level of detail from the off.

PhoenixTank

Flying towards/around a black hole would definitely explain the "field" part of the name but have no idea if that is something that has been mentioned before.
Anyone recognise the faint piano & strings piece in the first video?

Grinchy

Banned
Did someone find a recording device from the 80s and hide it inside of a piece of luggage? How does a video recorded in 2020 look like this unless you're doing it on purpose?

These next gen SSD's are going to be crucial for such large ambitious games like Star Citizen and this new Starfield game.

I can't wait to traverse galaxies, discovering new planets and civilizations.

If the footage is legit, then this looks like its going to be a No Man's Sky on crack.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Even a 15$ pen camera is better quality !
This not elite dangerous or no man sky vr... but it loos good

Fbh

Well it does look like a current gen game so at least that part is an accurate representation of a next gen Bethesda game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom