• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alligator found holding a human body in it's jaws

Status
Not open for further replies.

bengraven

...but the person likely died of drowning and the gator was just scavenging.

Gator Found Holding Human Body in Its Mouth, Florida Cops Say

Officials on Tuesday afternoon were trying to trap an alligator that had been holding a human body in its mouth as it swam across a lake, Florida police said.

Authorities in Lakeland first received a 911 call from a senior living community where someone had seen the gator — estimated at between 8 to 10 feet long — clutching the adult male body in its jaws.

Lakeland, Fla., police are at Lake Hunter where a large alligator was seen with a human body in its mouth on June 7, 2016. Lakeland Police Department
A spokesman for the Florida Presbyterian Homes along Lake Hunter said the body appeared to be missing an arm and a leg. All of the community's residents were accounted for, he added.

The reptile eventually released the body, and investigators were able to get to retrieve him. They were working to identify him and determine a cause of death.

The body did not appear to be freshly killed, said Lakeland police Sgt. Gary Gross. It had likely been decomposing in the lake for more than a day, he said on Twitter.

Right in front of the lake of the retirement home my grandmother in law is at. My wife got a text from her grandmother tonight saying that it was not anyone from the home, so don't worry about her, but everyone was rightfully scared about what was happening.

Strangely enough, when we were there a few weeks ago, some of the residents were talking about an alligator nest on the edge of the lake, but everyone was smart enough to know not to go anywhere near it.

Was it this guy?

landscape-1464714604-gator.gif

zeemumu

Clearly the gator was working undercover investigating a disappearance and this was just him giving the evidence to the authorities

El_Chino

I wonder he got the body from.

I used to see baby/teenage (?) Gators all the time on the University of Florida campus. They were pretty docile though.

Alienous

Seems like "I believe this belongs to you, humans" from the alligator.

Must suck having a decomposing corpse in your home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom