• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alone In The Dark (Oct 25th) - Prologue Demo Now Live for PC/Xbox/PS

Status
Not open for further replies.

SEGA_2012

It is more of a prologue than a demo. The creators told us to play the prologue to understand the story better when the game releases.
Downloading now!

Last edited:

Pelao

Okay, at least it's running at 60fps on PS5.
The graphics ain't bad. They're nothing to write home about, but at least the aesthetics I think are pretty nice.
It has a 30fps quality mode.
Both modes have a pretty bad motion blur that you can't disable.

Last edited:
Ehh, nothing impressive really. And on PC the game wouldn't let me change the resolution above 720p so I can't even really comment on the graphics.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
So the demo is real weird lol.

When set to Quality mode, the cut-scenes run at unlocked frame rates and the game play is 30 FPS locked. Normally it's the other way around in games.

Also the asset quality, lighting etc is thoroughly last-gen. Surprising to see that this is not a cross-gen game.

Barakov

Gold Member
The demo was kinda eh. There's potential here but I want to see more gameplay from the two protags first. I'm hoping for more classic survival horror rather than a jump scare fest that most modern day horror games seem to be.

adamsapple

From SX

Third screen has some meme potential.

Alone_in_the_Dark_Prologue-2023_05_25-21_42_15.png

Alone_in_the_Dark_Prologue-2023_05_25-21_38_02.png

Alone_in_the_Dark_Prologue-2023_05_25-21_45_12.png

Last edited:

SEGA_2012

The demo was kinda eh. There's potential here but I want to see more gameplay from the two protags first. I'm hoping for more classic survival horror rather than a jump scare fest that most modern day horror games seem to be.
They said they are trying to create suspense, horror, etc, not just throw jumpscares at the player. I think you are going to like.

asia PSN no? no buy!!!!!

They said the demo is available for JP PSN. Are you sure it is not available to your country ? you need to search for Alone in the Dark then the Prologue is going to appear among the options to buy the game.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
They said they are trying to create suspense, horror, etc, not just throw jumpscares at the player. I think you are going to like.

They said the demo is available for JP PSN. Are you sure it is not available to your country ? you need to search for Alone in the Dark then the Prologue is going to appear among the options to buy the game.

Thanks.
My Asia PSN , located in south asia, i dont think its Japan PSN, ill check tonight, working now : (

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
It isn’t like Remothered right? That game where you get chased by the grandpa and etc. I’ve played all the AitD games. That face reminds me of Remothered.

Last edited:

adamsapple

It isn’t like Remothered right? That game where you get chased by the grandpa and etc. I’ve played all the AitD games. That face reminds me of Remothered.

The demo is a very small linear piece with no hints of anything chasing you, no idea if the full game has that but the trailers show straight up gun combat, so probably not like Remothered.

_Ex_

Just in case you didn't know, this is a throwback to an early AitD game:

102757-jack-in-the-dark-dos-this-box-holds-some-surprises.jpg

1446955-jack-in-the-dark-dos-beware-of-the-jack-in-the-box.jpg

1447561-jack-in-the-dark-dos-another-room-inside-the-store.jpg

Bartski

Gold Member
That was rather ok? Release date right after Alan Wake 2 won't help but I'm not expecting this game to blow my socks off, I'm still in.

Carnby's mug looks familiar

adamsapple

That was rather ok? Release date right after Alan Wake 2 won't help but I'm not expecting this game to blow my socks off, I'm still in.

Carnby's mug looks familiar

Cause it's David Harbor's likeness and voice acting.

ParaSeoul

Glad this looks like it could be this year's second great horror game after dead space remake,hope they don't fuck it up.

ParaSeoul

Also mixed on these prologue style demos,you get a good sense of the atmosphere but I'm assuming there's no combat which will probably be a significant part of what you do in the main game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom