• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alright, employment test tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azih

Ok so this dev job I'm applying for has a test tomorrow. Since it's a C++ thing I've been boning up like crazy on my weaking skills (pass by value, pass by reference... pointers, templates yuy!), now they were supposed to email me with the exact time and location of the test and they didn't. So I called up the person and got the info and that gave me the excuse to ask about the test.

It's a 2 hour thing and when I asked her whether it was a specific test of some sort she said it was a 'general aptitude test'.

What the HELL is a general aptitude test?

Nerevar

they call me "Man Gravy".
well, the SAT used to be short for "scholastic aptitude test"

I'm guessing it means they'll be giving you the SATs all over again.

B'z-chan

Banned
there will be a math portion, a english portion, and of course a lovly smack in the face when your all over. They probably just want to make sure you a educated person in either your field or your general background.

There are specific tests though for tech's and other fields that bare the same name mind you. So who knows what it is really, untill you take it that is.

I had such a test about 2 weeks ago (which company? :D) - and I say quite frankly that I didn't have much problem with the programming part. My test's topic was a "general programming test with a focus on embedded systems". Well, there were a few theoretical questions on the test, for whom I was completely unprepared for, and I tried to BS my way in, but I really don't think I got the job.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
probably won't be too tough. there will be some syntax stuff, some stuff anyone could figure out and probably not much related to c++ specifically. you're on the right track with what you're studying... if you know your stuff, you'll be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom