• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alright GAF, time to give me a push: Horizon Zero Dawn or Nier Automata?

Xliskin

Get Nioh

seriously it's up to your mood , but if you insist
KH1.5+2.5
known as greatest ARPG of all time don't miss it ;)

Cornbread78

Get Nioh
seriously it's up to your mood , but if you insist
KH1.5+2.5
known as greatest ARPG of all time don't miss it ;)

Yeah, no on Nioh since I don't want to play purposefully difficult games that frustrate the crap out of myself.

I plan on buying KH 1.5-2.5/2.8 closer to KH3's release so I can play them all together.

Xliskin

Yeah, no on Nioh since I don't want to play purposefully difficult games that frustrate the crap out of myself.

I plan on buying KH 1.5-2.5/2.8 closer to KH3's release so I can play them all together.

cool , and don't listen to anyone who try tell you to skip KHre:COM plzz :(

GlamFM

Banned
Easy for me. Horizon.

Found the Nier demo to be pretty boring.

I assume the gameplay would get super bland over the course of the full game.

SephLuis

I'm at a complete loss why anyone would think that a one hit kill difficulty is a mark of a deep combat systems.

Quoting from my previous post:
Going by the fact that there is a one hit kill difficulty and Platinum are great when designing action oriented systems, I want to believe that there will be deep mechanics on both action and rpg parts so that the hardcore can enjoy that difficulty mode without frustration.

I hope that by the simple existence of the mode it means that the mechanics are well thought and that this is a mode to test your skill instead of an exercise in frustration.

Platinum probably tested the game, including this mode, to hell and back so if it's in the final game it's because they are convinced they have a good combat to make use of it. It's something like Dante Must Die difficulty in DMC.

I certainly cannot say much more about the depth of combat because I haven't played the game yet. Those earlier gifs at least show some of the possibilities with the combat system and it shows a lot of freedom on how dispose enemies. If the game will make you use every system to its fullest or if you will only use them in higher difficulties remains to be seen.I wouldn't be surprised if the game is a simple ARPG for those that want that way but that contains enough depth for those that like DMC/Bayonetta kind of games.

I actually have been reading some of the reviews and quite a few state that it doesn't particularly do much that hasn't been done already and is quite by-the-books, but does all of it well.

What does? Neither does Nier, if thats your standard what do you play? I'd also argue the premise, setting and combat in an open world are very nique.

Top Bottom