• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alyx Vance is the best female character in a game.

Prove me wrong. She's the only female character I can think of in any game that doesn't fit the video game female stereotype to some degree. When I play a game and there's some big titty'd dipshit female character I'm always immediately reminded that I am not this games demographic.

Alyx rocks.

Ducky_McGee said:
Prove me wrong. She's the only female character I can think of in any game that doesn't fit the video game female stereotype to some degree. When I play a game and there's some big titty'd dipshit female character I'm always immediately reminded that I am not this games demographic.

Alyx rocks.
Jade's also cool. (Paging Jaded Alyx)

Also people from The Longest Journey and Dreamfall: The Longest Journey.

Ducky_McGee said:

Alyx rocks.

What about the stereotype that video game females must spell their names stupidly?

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
x546ko.jpg

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
TheBothersomeMan said:
She was needy, annoying and I hated her.

Let's do lunch.

I never played the Episodes because I couldn't bear the thought of being reunited with her android-like disconnect from anything a human being would ever say or do.

I mean, there's billions of fansites, fanart, stories, etc. about her. If she was some two-bit character like Alex (Alix, Alyx, whatever), why would she be so popular? :D

The Boss was a decent character who looked good in comparison to a bunch of shit characters (MGS3's entire cast). Nothing special.

ntropy

Ducky_McGee said:

Alyx rocks.
OH NO BIG TITTIES AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

miladesn said:
I hate her voice...

I love her voice. It was a sweet voice that countered her tough appearance and actions and showed that deep down she was still a loving person with some humanity left in her.

She's definitely my favorite female character in gaming. I'd rank my top 3 as
1.The boss
2.Samus
3.Elena Fisher

I always love seeing female characters in games that don't try to be "sexy" or whatever and are just as complex as their male counterparts.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Not one mention of Shepard? The best fleshed out character with the not-even-rivaled-lol voice actor bringing her to life regardless of how you want to play her.

Coxswain

Commander Shepard is the best female character in video games.

Edit: Fuck. Anyway, either way Alyx is too annoying and chatty to count. Stereotype or not, she made me quit Half-Life 2 because there was no Skip Cutscene button.

D2M15 said:
Let's do lunch.

I never played the Episodes because I couldn't bear the thought of being reunited with her android-like disconnect from anything a human being would ever say or do.

That sounds like every female videogame character. Do you just not play any game that has a female in it?

epmode

I'll never understand the Boss cult. I couldn't get past the overwrought voice acting. ..but I guess that goes for every character in the series.

Seconding the Alyx, Jade, Elena and Dreamfall mentions.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Ducky_McGee said:
28le1br.jpg

Your reward for completing the games with high percentages in most Metroid games is seeing her in skimpy outfits.
so you like alyx purely because she doesnt show skin?

Top Bottom