• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Black Friday UK / Europe 2012 (w/ Friends?) Thread: Sponsored by Nigel Tufnel

Benedict

Bought the SOny W700 digital frame. Not sure if that's a good price or not.
Probably a christmas gift for my wifes parents

Dang it, I just bought Sonic Transformed. I really need to stop building up my backlog. But it's so cheap T_T

Sonic Racing Transformed is one of those games that you can juggle with others. It's not like there's a deep story to get into or anything. Just have a few multiplayer games here and there.

It's a Mario Kart beater, so everybody should get it.

Footos22

Cancelled my heroes just as they were getting ready to dispatch it. Cant see myself watching it again anyway.

Bought a laptop instead, oops.

I7 processor and 2gb dedicated graphics in dells good friday sale. saved 270 quid plus 6% quidco on top.
Early christmas present.

Sonic Racing Transformed is one of those games that you can juggle with others. It's not like there's a deep story to get into or anything. Just have a few multiplayer games here and there.

It's a Mario Kart beater, so everybody should get it.

Yeah, I bought the original game and Transformed has been on my to-buy list of a long time. The issue is rather that I'm spending too much money on games right now. But yeah, the game is probably going to be loads of fun. I really liked the driving mechanics in the original. And I could always eBay it if I despite the odds regret buying it.

Pipeyboy

Neo Member
Managed to grab the Lego Ninjago Fire Temple for £46 - all sold in under 2 minutes.

Son's Chrimbo present sorted. Big Lego fan, Big Ninjago Fan. Top Deal!

Also a uDraw on the Xbox for my middle girl - a budding artist if ever there was!

Love these Black Friday weeks.

Much better than shops the week before Christmas!

I bought a Vita and an 8GB memory card on eBay a couple of weeks ago. I got a great price, but I'm also glad that Sony got none of that money, since they're taking the piss with the price of those memory cards.

I haven't had a lot of luck with ebay in the past, but I'll check it out and hope for the best. a friend recommended a trading forum, I might register there and see what's available.

Are there any guesses what the last item today in the games category could be?

"Wherever you happen to be Stationed, you can still ..." ?

Hobohodo

'Stationed' as in being stationed somewhere in one of the forces could mean some military game. If we wanna follow the idea of it being portable then CoD: Black Ops Declassified maybe?

blazeuk

It's apparently a PS3/Vita bundle (if you look on the black friday banner it shows that too). Based on last years PS3 and this years listing, I wouldn't expect any huge saving though. Last year they built up a PS3 on the final day and it ended up having about £20 knocked off it.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member

PS3/PS Vita bundle. They had a product page up for it earlier today but took it down. I think it cost £500.

There is some discussion on Amazon itself and most people believe it is the Playstation 3 + Vita + AllStars bundle. Would fit the description. I doubt it will be a game because then there would be either 2 or more "unknown" categories - I don't have much faith in a Vita/Wii-U/3DS standalone game.

PS3/PS Vita bundle. They had a product page up for it earlier today but took it down. I think it cost £500.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00A4EWYM4/

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
There is some discussion on Amazon itself and most people believe it is the Playstation 3 + Vita + AllStars bundle. Would fit the description. I doubt it will be a game because then there would be either 2 or more "unknown" categories - I don't have much faith in a Vita/Wii-U/3DS standalone game.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00A4EWYM4/

That's it. I had it up earlier but when I refreshed the page it gave me a 404.

azveMl.jpg

LayLa

if you hover your mouse over the sentence you get the alt text popup for the whole sentence

"Wherever you happen to be Stationed, you can still Play"

if you hover your mouse over the sentence you get the alt text popup for the whole sentence

"Wherever you happen to be Stationed, you can still Play"

It more and more sounds like a handheld for me. -30% or more off a 3DS XL or Vita and it is go time :)

I bought the only way is Essex for the wife

I'm a bad person
Is it okay for you to laugh at it?

Then again if this youtube comment is anything to go by...
What amazes me is how in every episode. absolutely NOTHING HAPPENS. It's just pointless, directionless talk that borders on making no sense.
...watching paint dry might be a more productive use of time.

Back to Friday; My guess for You’ll want to take one of these home is either Furby (not in Toys though...or any other category) or Kindle Fire HD (the hype train if off the tracks...maybe train simulator can save it)

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Wish I could claim a second Crackdown 2, my friend can't get to a computer to buy it for himself.

Still, pretty darn good tootin deal, I've been waiting for Crackdown 2 to come down in price, shame there was no PS3 version of Spider-Man though today.

Joni

£2.99 for Red Faction. Worth it?

Don't know it. Did buy it, but more because I wanted The IT Crowd and I wasn't buying any other low-cost items in the Lightning deals.

Amazon is getting fast though. I ordered Heroes on Monday, here already today. Not bad for Uk to Belgium.

Amazon.de just had the Vita for 150,- € on the Cyber Monday sales ... together with a promotion "Buy wifi vita and get all-stars battle for free" ... so a game and the handheld for 150,- € .... goddamn too good to pass.

GolazoDan

Bought Red Faction Armageddon for PS3 and Crackdown 2 for 360. I should clarify that I have no real interest in playing either but deal's a deal, I guess. I know they're supposed to be pretty crummy but they'd have to be completely broken AND offensive to my soul for me to turn down a £2.99 deal. Missed out on Hitman though, :(

Top Bottom