• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon.com (US) Weekly Hardware Sales(Mar 20- 26) PS5 8k+ NSW 4.8k+ XBS 1.6k+

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
If Phil spent as much time hustling to improve Xbox stock vs playing Vampire Survivors, they probably wouldn’t be in this position.

I kid, but it’s downright silly how they’ve managed to cock up the XSX availability.
Or they always banked on XCloud server blade prioritisation and for them XSX was always the Pro version of XSS with the latter being the base console they intended (the former the one they want to limit stocks as they are still taking a huge loss per unit sold).

Poltz

They don't, his guesstimating.
They do now on Amazon US actually.
D4X6F5f.png

Last edited:

Elios83

Or they always banked on XCloud server blade prioritisation and for them XSX was always the Pro version of XSS with the latter being the base console they intended (the former the one they want to limit stocks as they are still taking a huge loss per unit sold).
For some people it's still not clear that Series S is the main product because it better fits their global strategy of pushing subscriptions to the masses using a cheap hardware entry gate.
The plan has not worked well so far but that's an other issue.
XSX was developed just to keep core gamers happy and to not lose longtime fans.

KungFucius

King Snowflake
What's this in percentage terms?

We need Biden to investigate what's going on at Amazon.
This is a moronic take. You know exactly what the issue is and it relates only to Japan yet you need to wrap it in ignorant fanboyism + politics to ... to what exactly? Either it makes you look ignorant, fanboyish or both. I get that you are not the only one doing this and it is sad that people are so lazy and stupid to think it is reasonable.

Xbox can be a less attractive product that PS5 in every market and Sony can be working to keep top Japanese games off the system in Japan.

GHG

Xbox can be a less attractive product that PS5 in every market and Sony can be working to keep top Japanese games off the system in Japan.

But yet we've heard directly from developers in Japan that they simply made the choice to not bother with xbox.

And I'm going to let you in on a little secret, the reason Xbox doesn't and never has sold well in Japan is not just due to Japanese game support, one look at the top selling PS5 games in Japan would tell you that much.

But instead of improving business relations with publishers and developers in Japan along with appropriately designing their products and marketing campaigns for the country they've decided to make it political and go crying to their government. It's stupid enough in itself but it looks even worse when you consider the fact that Japan isn't the only place where they face these problems. So please excuse me if people are going to take the piss out of them for it.

Sony is doing everything possible to have abundant stock of PS5 in all countries (they even revised the SoC to 6nm to be able to manufacture more), instead MS seems to not care about everything, the Series S - X strategy has been a failure ( series s is not as attractive a product as expected and series x is manufactured just right), at the time that PS5 stock arrived, Xbox sales plummeted.

diffusionx

Gold Member
I know this is going to sound like a hot take but I really think it is time MS considers getting out of the console business. It’s not working, it’s never really worked (except for a brief period during 360, like 06-11), their PC business is doing really well, and it would give them access to a much bigger audience as a third party on Nintendo/Sony/streaming on whatever/etc. it also just seems like a much more natural fit to the strengths of this company.

A few Million of the GOW Ragnarok sales must be bundles at this point.

Also do Amazon ever post software sales?

Last edited:
Top Bottom