• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon DD Sales Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so greatful my friend, thank you for your kindly attention :D

Welcome Tony, now let the February deals begin!

Thanks for the warm welcome! My stay might be short lived though, I've already got one guy in The Witcher 2 thread calling for a banhammer to smite my presence lol.

I emailed Nelo-Ice a list of games and discounts along with a link to the sale's landing page that he's going to post sometime after 10PM PST. I'll continue to update him directly and let him toss the information up on 'Gaf so I don't bother/offend people who don't want to hear from me.

That being said, if you have questions/concerns about what we're doing, how we're doing it, etc. Please don't hesitate to ask. I'm happy to answer.

Cheers,
Tony

Hey Tony, would it be too much to ask for a list or something that let's us know which games can be activated only from the US?

Me and some other non-US gaffers have to start a research every time we want to buy a Steamworks game because some of them can only be activated on Steam from the US. I know it would be very useful for us.

If it's too complicated, then it doesn't matter. I don't lose anything by asking :p

Hey Tony, would it be too much to ask for a list or something that let's us know what games can be activated only from the US?

Me and some other non-US gaffers have to start a research every time we want to buy a Steamworks game because some of them can only be activated on Steam from the US. I know it would be very useful for us.

If it's too complicated, then it doesn't matter. I don't lose anything by asking :p

This is a good question and one I'll likely get a lot on 'Gaf. Unfortunately I'm not 100% sure what games do and do not activate on Steam from outside the US, because we only QA for US regions.

I know that you need a US billing address to place an order from the Amazon.com store (as opposed to the regional Amazon web properties) and that there is discussion out there all over the place about this topic. I can't really comment on people outside the US purchasing from Amazon.com though as we're legally obligated (for a TON of reasons ranging from contracts to taxes) to only sell to people with US billing addresses.

Does that make sense? If not please shoot me a PM and we can take the convo off thread :).

Cheers,
Tony

Don't worry Tony, It actually makes a lot of sense from a legal perspective. Thanks for your answer.

I'll keep buying games of course xP Let's hope Amazon opens their digital game store for everyone some day.

Owensboro

Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine [Download] $14.99 (Steamworks)
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005IZMCBM/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Glorious action romp, extremely satisfying combat.

I got Space Marine from the THQ sale a little around a month ago and is really, really awesome. It's got Flawless controller and keyboard support, has a fun campaign, and even has really fun Multiplayer. I've found myself getting addicted to the horde mode "Exterminatus". I love having a jetpack and Thunder Hammer.

Not just that, but starting tomorrow we'll have a TON of the DLC on sale for 66% off :).

Awesome! I might actually bite!

Nelo Ice

Banned
Alright guys here's the list of sales enjoy!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=pe_120290_22760780_pe_epc_fl?docId=1000771881
Bolded Activate on steam

Sale runs from 2/23-2/29 as part of the "Farewell to February" sale.

Key Deals:

1. The Witcher 2 - $14.99 (Deal of the Week is extending through 2/29)

2. Darkness II - $24.99

3. Payday: The Heist - $4.99

4. Warhammer 40K Space Marine : $14.99

5. Red Faction Armageddon - $4.99

6. Mirror’s Edge - $4.99

7. Sim City 4 Deluxe Edition - $4.99

8. Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War II Retribution Complete Pack - $19.99

9. Saint’s Row The Third - $24.99

10. Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood - $7.49

11. NBA 2K12 - $9.99 + $5 off MLB 2K12 Pre-Order

12. Assassin’s Creed 2 - $4.99

13. Trine - $1.24

14. Rockstar Classics Bundle - $14.99 (Max Payne 2, Bully, GTA San Andreas, GTA Vice City, Midnight Club 2)

Per Tony these are only just the highlights, there will be more things on sale.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=pe_120290_22760780_pe_epc_fl?docId=1000771881

Key Deals:

2. Darkness II - $24.99

6. Mirror’s Edge - $4.99

13. Trine - $1.24

14. Assassin’s Creed 2 - $4.99

15. Rockstar Classics Bundle - $14.99 (Max Payne 2, Bully, GTA San Andreas, GTA Vice City, Midnight Club 2)

I don't see Darkness 2 for 25.

Wow some really good deals. Darkness II for $25 is a must-buy. I paid $40 and am loving it, such a good campaign but short but still it's worth it. I'm gonna play through it a second time and there's also co-op mode. And then Saints Row 3 for 25 is great too, a definite must-buy.

Nelo Ice

Banned
I meant on the website.
Or do these go live tomorrow?

Updated to reflect that they go live tomorrow sorry about that.

edit:Also bolded the titles that activate on steam and again in case it needs repeating

EA GAMES DO NOT ACTIVATE ON STEAM NOR DOES ANYTHING ELSE UNLESS ITS SPECIFICALLY MENTIONED

I'm tempted to pick it up but I'm really, really scared of the FOV.

Nah, it's fine. I see no problems with it.

video-games-cross-eyed.jpg

On a serious note, hopefully a fix will come from the community. I won't let that get in the way of me buying the game though.

Will wait for a cheaper price on Saint’s Row The Third, but most definitely getting Warhammer 40K: Space Marine

SR3 Is well worth 25 bucks in my book.

I am sure it is... but I don't have the time to play it at the moment and it's not cheap enough yet to justify it.

If you're speaking for yourself ignore this, but for others considering SR3 @ 25 bucks: It's sooooooo worth the $25 and you will get many hours out of it. A must-buy at that price imo. There are very few games like SR3 on PC. It's just a lot of fun and refreshing to play if that makes sense.

cicero

Bolded Activate on steam

Key Deals:

2. Darkness II - $24.99

6. Mirror’s Edge - $4.99

13. Trine - $1.24

14. Rockstar Classics Bundle - $14.99 (Max Payne 2, Bully, GTA San Andreas, GTA Vice City, Midnight Club 2)

I don't want to tell you what to do or anything in your own thread, but it would be very nice to have the most recent info updated in the OP. CAG does this with any relevant Amazon info in their specific Amazon PCDD thread and it is MUCH nicer than trying to wade through tens or hundreds of pages of posts to try to find one post with the latest info. All the basic info about known Steam compatibility lists or anything else helpful is really nice too. Cuts down on the repeat questions.

vaelic

Banned

Bolded Activate on steam

Key Deals:

2. Darkness II - $24.99

6. Mirror’s Edge - $4.99

13. Trine - $1.24

Am I missing something? Space marine lists as $24 and darkness 2 as $40 on the site

Xanathus

Tempted to pick up Space Marine but it's not as cheap as I thought it would be by now. Which DLCs are the ones that have additional co-op content?

Nelo Ice

Banned
I don't want to tell you what to do or anything in your own thread, but it would be very nice to have the most recent info updated in the OP. CAG does this with any relevant Amazon info in their specific Amazon PCDD thread and it is MUCH nicer than trying to wade through tens or hundreds of pages of posts to try to find one post with the latest info. All the basic info about known Steam compatibility lists or anything else helpful is really nice too. Cuts down on the repeat questions.

Yeah I updated the OP last time and NO ONE read it. The same questions were still asked whether I updated or not. In fact one guy complained that he missed out on a deal since I didn't update my 1st post about it even though I had the OP updated.

If there's enough interest I'll update the OP but from what I've gathered here no one bothers to read it and every time there's a deal someone is going to ask if it activates on Steam or Origin among the dozens of other questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom