• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon DD Sales Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockx4

Didn't know Tony is now on GAF lol, awesome. Some really nice deals there.

Do you have any idea what's up with PSN games on Amazon? (The PSN store on Amazon is empty) Or is that a completely different department. I remember there being some nice sales on PSN codes a while back.

Didn't know Tony is now on GAF lol, awesome. Some really nice deals there.

Do you have any idea what's up with PSN games on Amazon? (The PSN store on Amazon is empty) Or is that a completely different department. I remember there being some nice sales on PSN codes a while back.

Hey man, are you a CAG? What's your handle over there if so?

As for the PSN stuff, all the activity around that occurred like 3 days before I started and in a different group, so I'm not really sure what the deal is.

Cheers,
Tony

vazel

Banned
I was excited for Payday but I guess there's no point in getting the game anymore. It doesn't rank in the Steam top 100 stats so it looks like online is dead.

I was excited for Payday but I guess there's no point in getting the game anymore. It doesn't rank in the Steam top 100 stats so it looks like online is dead.

I imagine there will be a nice pickup after this sale, and when the next patch comes out. We're going to sell thousands of copies of the game over the next couple of days.

Bit late on this but welcome to Neogaf Tony :)

I have a question for you... Will the Red Faction Armageddon DLC be on sale as well?

Yep :), it is up now, thanks for the welcome!

Cheers,
Tony

cicero

I am also glad to echo the sentiments of others here, welcome to GAF, Tony. It has been great having you around on CAG and now here. I can't think of another recent consumer friendly position by any retailer that has been as worthwhile to me as a gamer as having an actual friendly rep around who paid attention to feedback and went out of their way to set up deals that benefited both parties.

Thank you, and keep up the good work!

Aselith

FuuUUUUuUuUUuuuUU- I bought Heroes of Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes...but I already own it. What does this mean for you? Be the first to quote and you get one fo free.

FuuUUUUuUuUUuuuUU- I bought Heroes of Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes...but I already own it. What does this mean for you? Be the first to quote and you get one fo free.

woot?

EDIT: Beaten. Aww.

It appears so. PM incoming! Karma has rewarded you for making and maintaining the thread.

Am I too late?

Yes I am!

Lol this made me smile. Aselith, since you were so mondo Altruistic, do you have any interest in a DOTA 2 beta key? If so, let me know I've got 1 spare one.

Cheers,
Tony

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Picked up RF:A for now. Really wanna bite on Saints 3, but my usual bro-op buddies are all MIA lately. Mreh. Maybe I'll get it anyway.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Alright updated OP and PMed a mod to update the thread title whenever theres a sale/OP is updated.

If I missed anything lemme kno.

Deques

I'd like to buy Clash of Heroes, but I don't live nowhere in USA >.<
Anyone want to help me buy? I repay through Paypal

picked up payday and am about about the pull the trigger on clash of heroes. what is the ratio between puzzle game and strategy rpg in that game?

Lol this made me smile. Aselith, since you were so mondo Altruistic, do you have any interest in a DOTA 2 beta key? If so, let me know I've got 1 spare one.

Cheers,
Tony
this is so great

cicero

If I could make one suggestion for Amazon to improve their Digital Download service it would be to somehow allow multiple digital purchases at once in one order. I end up having to try to stagger multiple purchases over a week so I don't get my credit card frozen because of "suspicious activity". Buying multiple tiny DLCs individually really is quite tedious to begin with anyway. :O

Dipswitch

Apologies if this has been posted earlier, but Amazon is also selling the deluxe version of Ass. Creed. Brotherhood in DD form for $9.99. Comes with a bunch of extras, so I decided to snag that instead. Figured some other folks may be tempted to fork out the extra $2.50 for some more goodies.

Owensboro

Tony, thanks again for the heads up. Just got:

Mirror's Edge - $5
Darksiders -$5
WH40K: Space Marine - Chaos Unleashed DLC- $3.40
WH40K: SM - Dreadnought DLC - $3.40
WH40k: Dawn of War 2: Chaos Rising - $6.80

$23 that is happily down the amazon drain. Good lord I need some willpower sometimes.

Picked up RF:A for now. Really wanna bite on Saints 3, but my usual bro-op buddies are all MIA lately. Mreh. Maybe I'll get it anyway.

Just do it, trust me it's worth it and that's a really good price. You will have a blast for many hours.

I'm also considering Red Faction Armageddon but damn them for making it a linear underground game instead of the open-world like Guerilla, but for 5 bucks...hmmm

The_End

Question for anybody who's bought Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War II Retribution Complete Pack. Does it give you separate keys for Gold Edition & Retribution?

I already bought the Gold Edition off Amazon back in November when they had it for $5, so I don't need that. But I could pass the key along to a friend so that we could play together if there are separate keys. If not, I'll just buy Retribution by itself for $10.20.

If I could make one suggestion for Amazon to improve their Digital Download service it would be to somehow allow multiple digital purchases at once in one order. I end up having to try to stagger multiple purchases over a week so I don't get my credit card frozen because of "suspicious activity". Buying multiple tiny DLCs individually really is quite tedious to begin with anyway. :O

This is definitely something that is on our roadmap. The reason this doesn't exist currently has to do with the fact that, because we don't ship products from warehouses or have inventory, Game Downloads had to build our own new order process...we're still adding features to it. For example, the ability to pre-order only came into existence in September.

Tony, is there any chance that the I Am the Boss DLC Pack for the current Farewell to February Promo on sale game Might & Magic Clash of Heroes will also go on sale like the other Promo games with DLC?

This is currently planned, if this changes I'll pop over and make an announcement!

Tony, thanks again for the heads up. Just got:

Mirror's Edge - $5
Darksiders -$5
WH40K: Space Marine - Chaos Unleashed DLC- $3.40
WH40K: SM - Dreadnought DLC - $3.40
WH40k: Dawn of War 2: Chaos Rising - $6.80

$23 that is happily down the amazon drain. Good lord I need some willpower sometimes.

Sweet haul! I picked up Mirror's Edge too, also picked up a copy of The Darkness.

Question for anybody who's bought Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War II Retribution Complete Pack. Does it give you separate keys for Gold Edition & Retribution?

I already bought the Gold Edition off Amazon back in November when they had it for $5, so I don't need that. But I could pass the key along to a friend so that we could play together if there are separate keys. If not, I'll just buy Retribution by itself for $10.20.

Yep you'll get 2 separate keys.

Cheers,
Tony

Ifrit

Is RF: Armaggedon worth it at $5 or should I just skip it?

Also, welcome to GAF Tony. It's always great to have someone from the other side around here, Amazon has been kicking ass lately on digital sales, keep up the good work!

kuroshiki

Hey Tony. I have a question for you.

Does Amazon will ever plan to carry PSN game code again? They used to do it but not anymore. Wondering if they are coming back.

Also, welcome to GAF Tony. It's always great to have someone from the other side around here, Amazon has been kicking ass lately on digital sales, keep up the good work!
If you haven't played Guerilla yet I'd get that instead

ctrayne

Question for Sir Amazon Rep or anyone else: I noticed Max Payne 2 is available for download, which is awesome because I don't recall that being there before. Is it DRM free?

If so, bought.

Thanks but I already have it

It's just in my pile of shame :(

as in backlog? well then play it lol, the destruction physics will make your jaw drop. By far the best ever in a game. Armageddon is much more linear and I don't think there's as much destruction of huge buildings and structures

Ifrit

as in backlog? well then play it lol, the destruction physics will make your jaw drop. By far the best ever in a game. Armageddon is much more linear and I don't think there's as much destruction of huge buildings and structures

I know man, my backlog it's killing me :(

But I'll get to it

Thanks for the warm welcome :). Hopefully deals like this do well so we can keep them coming!

Hey Tony. I have a question for you.

Does Amazon will ever plan to carry PSN game code again? They used to do it but not anymore. Wondering if they are coming back.

This is something that's handled by another group and I don't have 100% clear visibility into the status of.

Question for Sir Amazon Rep or anyone else: I noticed Max Payne 2 is available for download, which is awesome because I don't recall that being there before. Is it DRM free?

If so, bought.

It is not, it is Securom-ed.

Cheers,
Tony

Meier

Holy shit at that Sim City 4 price. I have the physical version sitting on my shelves but I'll probably just re-buy it. Haven't played it since I got my most recent PC so I'll have to re-download all the custom buildings but it'll be so worth it.

Tony,

Any chance you guys can or ever will put the Tropico 4 DLC on sale? Snagged the game during the Christmas sale and had a blast with it and would love to grab some DLC but paying $5 for it when the game was $5 seems a bit silly, haha.

For those of you who might not have noticed, Mirror's Edge is the current daily deal on Steam. And if like me you were going to get it from Amazon, now you can get the Steam version instead of the Origin version.

cicero

This is definitely something that is on our roadmap. The reason this doesn't exist currently has to do with the fact that, because we don't ship products from warehouses or have inventory, Game Downloads had to build our own new order process...we're still adding features to it. For example, the ability to pre-order only came into existence in September.

This is currently planned, if this changes I'll pop over and make an announcement!

Great news on both issues, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom