• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon DD Sales Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it's really their fault that Square didn't give out too many keys and demand was extremely high. :\

Then they have to start making deals that they know will have a good amount of keys. This isn't like it died late on, people thought it would be up again no problem with the $2 credit, if you weren't watching this like a hawk you missed the opportunity earlier and now you're on your last chance. It's not acceptable. It's a WEEK LONG SALE and it won't even be up 24 hours if you subtract all the time it was listed as "unavailable" on their site. That's shitty management for a week long sale, end of story.

What did you expect for what turned out to be an incredibly popular bundle and Amazon's key allocation being controlled by how many Square can or wants to send them?

I expected a week long sale to last a week? Or at least 24 hours?

wrowa

I completely agree, and I'm surprised this hasn't been said earlier.

Because it's a stupid complaint. The deal was widely available yesterday, they've probably sold thousands of copies. Do you think they've got infinite an infinite amount of keys? Who isn't quick loses, that's the way of life.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Then they have to start making deals that they know will have a good amount of keys. This isn't like it died late on, people thought it would be up again no problem with the $2 credit, if you weren't watching this like a hawk you missed the opportunity earlier and now you're on your last chance. It's not acceptable. It's a WEEK LONG SALE and it won't even be up 24 hours if you subtract all the time it was listed as "unavailable" on their site. That's shitty management for a week long sale, end of story.

They did have alot of keys and Tony went overtime to ensure they would have more. Shit happens all the time in DD. Look at Steam when they run out of keys or any site that has a mega popular deal but runs out. The fact that Tony has gotten even more and is offering an alternative even when he doesn't have to is better than everyone being SOL.

Because it's a stupid complaint. The deal was widely available yesterday, they've probably sold thousands of copies. Do you think they've got infinite an infinite amount of keys? Who isn't quick loses, that's the way of life.

Widely available? You mean down probably close to half the day? Have you even been following this sale at all? It sold out pretty damn quick, thus the $2 coupon yesterday.

They did have alot of keys and Tony went overtime to ensure they would have more. Shit happens all the time in DD. Look at Steam when they run out of keys or any site that has a mega popular deal but runs out. The fact that Tony has gotten even more and is offering an alternative even when he doesn't have to.

Steam has never had a week long sale less than 24 hours because they ran out of keys. Of course they don't have to do anything, this is true of all companies and all situations, I'm not sure why everyone has to be happy about it. I'm disappointed in how it's been handled, you apparently don't.

Eusis

I wouldn't count out this being more SE's fault, that Amazon's normal method IS more than enough for most publishers/games, but this case it's completely breaking apart. Don't think we're going to see deals this mind blowing again any time soon, not unless they have a HUGE stockpile of keys.

stufte

Sometimes things sell out. Even digital download keys. You missed the deal, move on.

Sometimes things sell out. Even digital download keys. You missed the deal, move on.

This is just sad, sorry no one can have a differing view then them running out of keys as awesome. Seems you're the only one who needs to move on, I made one post about my OPINION and get like 10 people jump on me. Thanks.

Ploid 3.0

The thing with sales is they are likely to run out fast so you have to be fast. I remember the Dragon Age packs that would run out. You can't really get mad about this stuff, there's a reason people wait in line for physical sales. With digital even normal releases have a limited amount of codes.

Widely available? You mean down probably close to half the day? Have you even been following this sale at all? It sold out pretty damn quick, thus the $2 coupon yesterday.

I have no idea why you have to complain about this. The keys are limited; and first come first serve is better than rationing them.

Nelo Ice

Banned

Steam has never had a week long sale less than 24 hours because they ran out of keys. Of course they don't have to do anything, this is true of all companies and all situations, I'm not sure why everyone has to be happy about it. I'm disappointed in how it's been handled, you apparently don't.

Yes they expected it to be a week long sale but hey what do you know it's a hugely popular deal and they obviously can't keep up with demand. Do you complain when stores run their weekly ads and run out of stock too?

Nelo Ice

Banned
Pretty much.

We get it, you love amazon. Move along.

I haven't even bought this bundle and don't buy everything from there but ok. You're raging over something that happens in any store Amazon or not. Sorry you haven't gotten your purchase in. I guess I should complain if I didn't get my KOA copy from Best buy for $15 even though the coupon lasted a month and my store was cleaned out as it opened.

Yes they expected it to be a week long sale but hey what do you know it's a hugely popular deal and they obviously can't keep up with demand. Do you complain when stores run their weekly ads and run out of stock too?

Who knew an insanely good deal would have such a huge turnout!?

In the end, these are just games, and it's not the end of the world, but there's no doubt that Amazon has fumbled this sale from the very beginning.

FYI I just put the buy box back up, if you start refreshing you should see it now.

Once the buy box is down again that's it for the allocation. The 25% off promo code that replaces this deal will go live tomorrow, probably early afternoon or late morning.

Cheers,
Tony

I haven't even bought this bundle and don't buy everything from there but ok. You're raging over something that happens in any store Amazon or not. Sorry you haven't gotten your purchase in. I guess I should complain if I didn't get my KOA copy from Best buy for $15 even though the coupon lasted a month and my store was cleaned out as it opened.

Ok, great. I'm not raging, I was disappointed and due to that I get like 2 pages of people jumping all over me. I'm done, everyone can enjoy raging because I was disappointed.

FYI I just put the buy box back up, if you start refreshing you should see it now.

Once the buy box is down again that's it for the allocation. The 25% off promo code that replaces this deal will go live tomorrow, probably early afternoon or late morning.

Cheers,
Tony

Still don't see a buy box after refreshing. Don't tell me it sold out already?

Nelo Ice

Banned
Who knew an insanely good deal would have such a huge turnout!?

In the end, these are just games, and it's not the end of the world, but there's no doubt that Amazon has fumbled this sale from the very beginning.

What exactly did you expect them to do? It's the same with GMG. They try to bring deals and obviously the more popular ones sell out quicker than demand. Keep in mind Tony and whoever had to talk with square about even getting this deal off the ground in the first place then they probably had an agreement in place for a set amount of keys.

Zizbuka

Banned
I give up, it was supposed to go up in 15 minutes or something and it's not up. I'll try later if there's any left but this promotion has been a colossal clusterfuck. Really disappointed in how Amazon's been with keys during sales. The 25% off is a crappy replacement too, pretty disappointing.

Well, I hope you survive this obviously traumatic experience.

I will enjoy my awesome new games. Amazon is truly awesome.

Cheers,
Tony

still dont see it so either it hasn't propogated to the page yet or its done in a few seconds

Ok, great. I'm not raging, I was disappointed and due to that I get like 2 pages of people jumping all over me. I'm done, everyone can enjoy raging because I was disappointed.

Still don't see a buy box after refreshing. Don't tell me it sold out already?

What exactly did you expect them to do? It's the same with GMG. They try to bring deals and obviously the more popular ones sell out quicker than demand. Keep in mind Tony and whoever had to talk with square about even getting this deal off the ground in the first place then they probably had an agreement in place for a set amount of keys.

Well, I hope you survive this obviously traumatic experience.

I will enjoy my awesome new games. Amazon is truly awesome.

still dont see it so either it hasn't propogated to the page yet or its done in a few seconds

Ya, it selling out that quick wouldn't surprise me so I'm not sure if I'm wasting time refreshing. I've never seen Amazon's site load this slowly before either. :lol

Nope the buy box just hasn't actually gone up yet.

Here's my dev, sitting next to my desk, working on getting it live:

http://i.imgur.com/J68lu.jpg

Cheers,
Tony

Seems my cousin managed to snag a copy, so that's all the management I need to do for this sale, since I picked mine up the minute it went live.

Thanks Tony.

UPDATE 10/15 8:16PM PST: Apparently the keys for Supreme Commander 2 we got from Square are actually activating Supreme Commander 1. I am now going to pull the buy box and email Square. I'll update again when I have more information. This panda is sad.

Cheers,
Tony

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Just activated the SupCom2 key and got SupCom2. Sounds like it's a spotty issue.

Ploid 3.0

Should just update the page with a supreme commander 1 or 2 ? and let it be a surprise.

Start selling mystery boxes, people will like a shot at a New game. It'll be like the gambler npc in Torchlight 2. Though I'm sure that would be a bad idea legally.

Grief.exe

Tony. I'm a poor college student and have just started watching the Walking Dead on TV.

The show is amazing and need to get the game, but can't afford it at $25, any chance of a sale coming up?

UPDATE 10/15 10:35PM PST:

This has been, by far, our best selling deal...ever. Thanks to everyone who participated. For those who got SC1 instead of SC2, we'll get you sorted out as soon as possible.

Starting tomorrow the deal of the week for the remainder of the week (until Saturday at 11:59:59PM PST) you can use SQRLUVOC to take 25% off anything in the DVG store excluding:

1. XCOM: Enemy Unknown
2. Borderlands 2
3. XBOX/PSN Points/Subs

NOTE: The time this starts tomorrow is now TBD, devs wanted some time to kick the tires and make sure everything is working OK.

Cheers,
Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom