• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon now pays out instantly for video game trade-ins

styl3s

I don't know if trading a PS4 to Amazon is such a good idea compared to Gamestop.

Looking at Gamestop's website, they'll take a PS4 for $150 dollars. In my experience, they aren't expecting anything other than the console, cords, and controller, so you're likely to get full in-store credit for it, right?

In comparison, Amazon seems like a much larger hassle for a potentially much worse price.

Edit: Bestbuy will take it for $120, so Gamestop still seems to be the best value here.
My problem with GS is i tried to trade my PS4 the other day and they wouldn't take it because it didn't have the original 500gb HDD it had a 1TB and it boggled my mind. Best Buy doesn't give a fuck what HDD it has they don't even look or test.

I wonder if Amazon is the same way if it matters if it has 500gb or a TB because i really don't want to go through the process of tracking down that 500gb to swap out.

Shari

This was already the case a couple of years back. It was working like that for any trade-in in France...

It was abused here and they closed down the service :C

They've been doing this for months. Have done this half a dozen times.

Note that if you don't send the item(s) back in time or you cancel the trade in, they charge your card on file instead of taking the credit out of your Gift Card balance.

Top Bottom