• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon PC DD Black Friday week deals *Updating with BF deals

KissVibes

Banned
You can't. I checked already. And yes, I agree with you. Probably won't use them at all.

They've let me do it before, I just had to ask via email.

If they don't then I buy nothing and that's their loss. If they do, I'll buy Dark Souls and either Borderlands 2, XCOM or Need For Speed.

Damn. That 5 dollar credit is trash then. Those games will be regular price by Jan 2013.

If I'm remembering correctly, last year when they did a similar promotion the games were put back on sale as a 'return sale' and people were able to use the promotional credit on top of the sale prices. (I think people may have even been able to use multiple coupons, or the coupon may have been $10? I don't recall)

Miker

Is there a chance that these games will go on sale in January? Right now I'm considering getting Walking Dead, then hoping that XCOM will drop to $25 in January, then I can use that $5 to make it $20. I know it's not likely, but Amazon had a similar promotion going on last year where I used a $5 credit on Crysis 2 (which was already on sale for $10) for $5.

Mikhal

I know it requires Steam. I was just wondering if the version you get from Steam will be the "normal" one that supports OSX and PC or it's some sort of magical OSX-only version as I don't even have a Mac.

Truth be told, I'm not even going to buy it but wanted to know in case I run into another similar situation where the OSX version is cheaper than the others.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I'm going to say yes since it's Steamplay but I don't have real evidence to support it

I think that's how people got God and Kings for cheap last week, by buying the Mac version

Sullichin

I know it requires Steam. I was just wondering if the version you get from Steam will be the "normal" one that supports OSX and PC or it's some sort of magical OSX-only version as I don't even have a Mac.

Truth be told, I'm not even going to buy it but wanted to know in case I run into another similar situation where the OSX version is cheaper than the others.

I bought it on Steam and it works with Mac and PC, so I'd think this would too.

Also, I bought the Mac version of Civ 5 on Amazon, and I have it installed on my MacBook and PC as well. When I redeemed Civ 5 it said "Mac version" but it showed up in my library on PC as well.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Took a few days, but Amazon has finally price matched Steam's deal on Zeno Clash. $1, plus you get the $5 credit for January.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005JFBGD6/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Activates in Steam, BTW.

Decent game, kinda shallow first person melee brawler where it feels like you go through stages rather than everything flowing together. Art is nice and the story is weird as shit. I wouldn't pay much more than $1.

I recall playing the demo some years ago and enjoying the melee combat. Very colorful artwork that looked beautiful at times. And yeah, the story seems like one major LSD trip. Probably worth buying just for the promo credit, although I'm sure there's a dollar worth of fun in there.

Ok, after getting a few Amazon Gift Cards ($40 balance). I was going to buy what I planned, but it keeps asking me for a credit card. What gives?

Mind you, this is like the first time I buy something from Amazon with gift cards, if that means anything.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Ok, after getting a few Amazon Gift Cards ($40 balance). I was going to buy what I planned, but it keeps asking me for a credit card. What gives?

Mind you, this is like the first time I buy something from Amazon with gift cards, if that means anything.

Digital stuff always asks for credit card, weird enough. But the next page it'll review your order and you can use your gift card there

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I figured as much. Thanks.

Actually, now that I remembered. I don't think it asked for credit card when I bought Zeno Clash, but it does when I buy PSN cards. Have you redeemed the gift card yet?

Either way, you should see a review order page

Will Tera still be $5 tomorrow?

I'm thinking about picking it up along side Kingdoms of Amalur tomorrow but I want to sleep on it first. I heard enough good things about it but I'm not sure I'll have enough free time coming up to make use of the free month

Actually, now that I remembered. I don't think it asked for credit card when I bought Zeno Clash, but it does when I buy PSN cards. Have you redeemed the gift card yet?

Either way, you should see a review order page

It's really hit or miss if it does it. I bought Payday: The heist on amazon dd and it just took off of my $20 giftcard I then bought the DLC for Payday and there was still over $10 left on the card and the DLC was like $5 or something and it asked for my credit card info but was still paid in full by my giftcard. Both were paid in full by my giftcard but it only asked me the second time to put in my credit card info for whatever reason.

If I have more than one instance of $5 credit. Can I use it multiple times on different games OR can I use it on the same game multiple times (Stacking) OR can I use it only once in Jan 2013 ?

It won't stack. You can get 5$ off per transaction for however many instances of the promo you have. So you can't buy 10 copies of Zeno Clash now and get a 50$ game free in January, if that's what you were thinking :p

It won't stack. You can get 5$ off per transaction for however many instances of the promo you have. So you can't buy 10 copies of Zeno Clash now and get a 50$ game free in January, if that's what you were thinking :p

So I can buy n number of games for the number of coupons that I have ?

Lain

Should have read Xelios' post with more care, as I got burned on Inversion. It's region locked.

Since Steam "canceled the purchase" when I tried to activate the key, does it means the key is still good to use? Cause I could at least try to trade it with someone.

Arkham City DLC worth it? Not thinking the "challenge pack" or whatever, just the Nightwing/Robin/HQ ones.

The Robin and Nightwing ones are just extra characters to go through the challenge modes from the regular game (fighting and stealthing). I think they come with one extra stage each, but you can't take those characters into the main game and play around in Arkham City with them. The only story-based DLC is Harley Quinn's Revenge, which is alright.

Top Bottom