• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon PCDD Mayhem Sale 5/16-5/31 (This sale is actually quite good)

Still can't decide whether to get Lara Croft GoL. I already have it on 360 but never finished it, and that 360 is in another country right now... Tempted by the 9.99 pack but not sure I have time to play the other games. If anyone ends up with a spare copy of GoL, I'll happily trade for something else I have (Mark of the Ninja maybe?)

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
So Sleeping Dogs DLC isnt all the DLC? Just like 7 or 8 packs?

That's correct. It is not all the DLC. It doesn't even include two of the campaign DLC; people might be better off waiting for the Steam summer sale if they want it complete. The name of the pack has been changed from "Complete" to just "Bundle", but hasn't been updated in the OP.

Someone at Reddit posted this list regarding the DLC, which might be helpful to some buyers. The bold is what you get from Amazon.

Sleeping Dogs DLC

• Story DLC with collectibles and achievements (1-3 hours):
    • Nightmare in North Point (Horror themed campaign)
    • Zodiac Tournament (Action movie themed campaign)
    • Year of the Snake (Police campaign)
  • Mission DLC including vehicles and outfits (10-45 mins):
    • SWAT Pack (20 cop missions)
    • Street Racer Pack (3 races)
    • Police Protection Pack ("High Speed" mission)
    • Martial Arts Pack (Fight mission)
    • Triad Enforcer Pack (High speed and fight missions)
    • Wheels of Fury Pack (Supercar missions)
    • Weapons and moves including outfits:
    • Drunken Fist Pack (Fighting style)
    • GSP Pack (Flying Punch)
    • Screen Legends Pack (Sword)
    • Tactical Soldier Pack (Assault rifle w/ grenade launcher)
    • Square Enix Character Pack (3 weapons)
    • Monkey King Pack (One-handed staff)
  • Cosmetic DLC:
    • Deep Undercover Pack (Suit, car, CB radio decoration)
    • Retro Triad Pack (Outfits, van)
    • Gangland Style Pack (Tattoos)
    • Movie Masters Pack (3 costumes)
    • Law Enforcer Pack (2 outifts, 5 vehicles, baton)
  • Pay-To-Cheat:
    • High Roller Pack (Suit, car, money)
    • Top Dog Silver Pack (XP boost)
    • Top Dog Gold Pack (XP boost)
    • The Red Envelope Pack (Money collectibles)
  • Free DLC:
    • Community Gift Pack (Outfits, car)
    • Ghost Pig Pack (Outfits)
    • Valve T-Shirt Pack (Outfits, PC only)
    • High Resolution Texture Pack (PC only)

That's correct. It is not all the DLC. It doesn't even include two of the campaign DLC; people might be better off waiting for the Steam summer sale if they want it complete.

Someone at Reddit posted this list regarding the DLC, which might be helpful to some buyers. The bold is what you get from Amazon.

Sleeping Dogs DLC

• Cosmetic DLC:
  • Pay-To-Cheat:
  • Free DLC:

Thanks man. You need a tag 'The most helpful member on GAF' or something.

Witchfinder General

punched Wheelchair Mike
There's a Steam copy of The Testament of Sherlock Holmes - $4.99 on sale at Amazon that was $20 when I created the sale list. According to my friend 7extonly this can be activated even if you already bought the game from Steam, because it gets you both the standard and pre-order on your account. So thanks to him for the heads up.

Oooh, thanks for pointing this out. When does this deal end? I won't get home for another 8 hours so I hope I don't miss it.

Actually, nothing's stopping me from buying it now and d/l it when I get home...

So I picked up STALKER - Call of Prityap from Amazon and after finally downloading, I try to install it and the install fails because I do not have a copy of STALKER - Shadow of Chernobyl installed on my computer! What kind of shit is that? I was under the impression that Call of Prityap was a stand alone release?

Nabs

That's correct. It is not all the DLC. It doesn't even include two of the campaign DLC; people might be better off waiting for the Steam summer sale if they want it complete. The name of the pack has been changed from "Complete" to just "Bundle", but hasn't been updated in the OP.

Sleeping Dogs DLC

• Cosmetic DLC:
  • Pay-To-Cheat:
  • Free DLC:

Look at all that Pay to cheat.

• Pay-To-Cheat:

• Wait a sec, are these opt-in or what's the deal here? I hope these aren't automatic permanent boosts in XP/money that fucks with the game balance, since I've never played the game before and don't want a paid-to-cheat version shoved in my face.

Nabs

Wait a sec, are these opt-in or what's the deal here? I hope these aren't automatic permanent boosts in XP/money that fucks with the game balance, since I've never played the game before and don't want a paid-to-cheat version shoved in my face.

There may be a workaround to disable this. You have to find the files in your Steam folder and delete 'em before creating a new save. http://forums.sleepingdogs.net/viewtopic.php?p=27307#p27307 and http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Sleeping_Dogs#Disable_.27Cheat.27_DLC

omg_mjd

I feel bad for people wanting to get Dark Souls. Just checked and the keys are still unavailable. Amazon should really extend the sale to make up for this (even just for the games that don't have keys like DS).

I bought DS at the last sale ($15?) and it's a great port after applying Durante's mod.

xelios

Last day of the Amazon Mayhem sale.

These are all Steam activated

Paradox and SEGA deals have returned for the last day. They are as follows:

[Paradox]

• Paradox Majesty Franchise - $9.99
    • Defenders of Ardania
    • Defenders of Ardania: Battlemagic
    • Defenders of Ardania: The Conjurer's Tricks DLC
    • Majesty 2 Collection
    • Majesty Gold HD
    • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
    • Warlock: Master of the Arcane - Powerful Lords DLC
    • Warlock: Master of the Arcane Master of Artifacts DLC
    • Warlock: Master of the Arcane Power of the Serpent
    • Warlock: Master of the Arcane Return of the Elves DLC
  • Paradox Seas Bundle - $9.99
    • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
    • Commander: Conquest of the Americas: Colonial Navy
    • East India Company Collection
    • Naval War: Arctic Circle
    • Pirates of Black Cove
    • Pirates of Black Cove: Origins DLC
    • Ship Simulator Extremes
    • Victoria II
    • Victoria II: A House Divided Expansion
[SEGA] - more, sale-long SEGA deals can be found in the full list linked above

5/29-5/31:

[Rockstar]
[Square-Enix]
[Other]

jediyoshi

Wow, thank god I haven't booted the game yet. Thanks!

While their implementation is pretty weird, realistically, money and transportation will never be an issue in the vanilla game . It's just more useful towards the end game if you've got a case of ocd and want to complete the entire game's wardrobe which would only be relevant towards the end since your ability to use it already hinges on your leveled stats.

GHG

Last day of the Amazon Mayhem sale.

Snip.

Nice. Will get Sonic Racing Transformed.

Dark Souls still isn't back in stock :( . Guess I'll have to wait until the next round of steam sales or a deal to pop up on GMG for it.

Elixist

well just wanted to shoutout to Origin customer service cause I had downloaded the wrong version of Bulletstorm and it was censored. And the live chat guy switched it over for me and sent me a coupon, cool. Sucks that I lost like 7 hours of progress tho :( I was havin so much fun that I dint notice until I was getting remove a guys head skillshots that werent removing their head haha.

So that Sonic Action Pack. Would they add Sonic transformed later on and any other missing Sonic games to make it the "Complete pack?" Maybe Tony will make a bundle for Winter?

KNT-Zero

So that Sonic Action Pack. Would they add Sonic transformed later on and any other missing Sonic games to make it the "Complete pack?" Maybe Tony will make a bundle for Winter?

By that math they should add Adventure 2 first. Then after maybe half a year they would add Transformed.

Now if only they did this with other series...

Xanathus

For those looking for Dark Souls, Play-Asia is selling Steam codes for 12 something. Can't link it at the moment cos I'm on mobile.

JakeD

There's a Steam copy of The Testament of Sherlock Holmes - $4.99 on sale at Amazon that was $20 when I created the sale list. According to my friend 7extonly this can be activated even if you already bought the game from Steam, because it gets you both the standard and pre-order on your account. So thanks to him for the heads up.

what's the benefit of getting the pre-order unlocked if you already own it? a quick google search says the preorder bonus was a copy of Jack the ripper. anything else?

FYI Jack The Ripper is about 200 bundles away from being unlocked as a bonus in the groupees bundle

xelios

what's the benefit of getting the pre-order unlocked if you already own it? a quick google search says the preorder bonus was a copy of Jack the ripper. anything else?

FYI Jack The Ripper is about 200 bundles away from being unlocked as a bonus in the groupees bundle

Nothing besides +1 game count. Just mentioned it for crazy people like JaseC! Sale is still great for those who don't own it, obviously.

Dinosur

Nothing besides +1 game count. Just mentioned it for crazy people like JaseC! Sale is still great for those who don't own it, obviously.

Yeah, It's a really good game too. A couple of the dialog puzzles were wonky but that and Book of Unwritten Tales are my favorite recent adventure games.

bndadm

Man, people were not kidding about GTA 4's performance on PC. I mean I'll still take it over the console due to the resolution bump, but in safe mode I only max out at 40 FPS. I guess my dual-core 3 Ghz CPU isn't up to the task for this one.

But hey, that's why I waited until a sale!

Kolgar

Ticking down here... Is Aliens: Colonial Marines worth $11.99 after the two big patches?

Also: I bought the Season Pass for Saints Row the Third on Steam. How do I get access to the missions? Do they just pop up at some point during the game?

Menelaus

Banned
well just wanted to shoutout to Origin customer service cause I had downloaded the wrong version of Bulletstorm and it was censored. And the live chat guy switched it over for me and sent me a coupon, cool. Sucks that I lost like 7 hours of progress tho :( I was havin so much fun that I dint notice until I was getting remove a guys head skillshots that werent removing their head haha.

Just copy your save game folder over?

Top Bottom