• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon PCDD Mayhem Sale 5/16-5/31 (This sale is actually quite good)

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
I have $10 in Amazon Credit, which should I get:

Tomb Raider Experience Pack http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BFZERSU/?tag=neogaf0e-20

GTAIV Complete + Max Payne 3 Bundle: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00904XVS0/?tag=neogaf0e-20

or something else?

I've never played any of those tomb raider games nor have I played max payne 3. I've already played gtaiv on consoles but am interested in installing dem mods.

go for Tomb Raider. Anniversary ,Legend and Underworld are good and the latest games of this type (since the reboot killed old TR) and Guardian of Light is very decent too.

Max Payne 3 was a huge disappointment full of flaws and not true the Max Payne style(and a huge download).

Gbraga

Max Payne 3's gunplay is fantastic. I hated the game, but for other reasons. If you can get over the ridicously annoying and unskippable cutscenes, you'll probably love it.

I wouldn't double dip on GTA IV though.

nbthedude

I have $10 in Amazon Credit, which should I get:

Tomb Raider Experience Pack http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BFZERSU/?tag=neogaf0e-20

GTAIV Complete + Max Payne 3 Bundle: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00904XVS0/?tag=neogaf0e-20

or something else?

I've never played any of those tomb raider games nor have I played max payne 3. I've already played gtaiv on consoles but am interested in installing dem mods.

$11.99 for the bundle including.

Max Payne 3
LA Noire + all DLC
Grand Theft Auto 4
Tales of Liberty Cities

omg_mjd

Picked up the Max Payne 3 + LA Noire Complete bundle. Just started Saints Row the Third and Sleeping Dogs recently so not too much in a hurry to buy GTA IV.

Cimarron

W00t w00t! I love me some sales! I am getting the Tomb Raider bundle, L.A. Noire complete (I heard its not great but I was always curious), and Baldur's gate! Is Sleeping Dogs worth it?

Why do I keep missingout on Dark Souls sales!!!! ;_;

nbthedude

W00t w00t! I love me some sales! I am getting the Tomb Raider bundle, L.A. Noire complete (I heard its not great but I was always curious), and Baldur's gate! Is Sleeping Dogs worth it?

Why do I keep missingout on Dark Souls sales!!!! ;_;

Sleeping Dogs is way better than LA Noire and better than half of those Tomb Raider games.

scitek

Max Payne 3's gunplay is fantastic. I hated the game, but for other reasons. If you can get over the ridicously annoying and unskippable cutscenes, you'll probably love it.

I think it's good once, and then again months later, etc. It's more like a movie to me than a game.

hlhbk

Is the sleeping dogs bundle the Steam version? I already own sleeping dogs but I guess I will buy the bundle for the DLC prices.

Cimarron

On a side note when will Ass Creed 3 ever get below that $20 sweet spot? Is it really selling that well that Ubisoft refuses to lower the price some?

nbthedude

On a side note when will Ass Creed 3 ever get below that $20 sweet spot? Is it really selling that well that Ubisoft refuses to lower the price some?

IT got such bad reviews that I decided I didn't care anyway. I probably would have picked it up if it had gotten that low by the beginning of the year. But I've heard so much bad about it that I think playing it would be more of a burden than a fun experience.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
so yeah got Fable Lost Chapters and it look great, way better then the Xbox version(M&K is also better than the controller)

is there any mods for it?

VaeVictis

Can anyone recommend the saboteur?

I can. After being in my backlog for so long, I finally started playing it. Once I got used to the gameplay and when the setting shifts to Paris I was loving every minute of it. Think of it as Assassin's Creed during WW II in Paris.

alf717

Amazon has excellent customer service! I was a little bummed that I could of bought MP3 and LA Noire complete together for the same price as MP3 so I contacted them to see if I could have this fixed. I get a call was connected with a rep ASAP and she credited my account so I could get LA Noire. Amazon is such an awesome games service. Man I love Amazon.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I'll trade someone Civ 4 complete for something else. I'm sure a bunch of you got redundant codes for stuff you already own. PM me.

Games I bought:
Xcom: enemy unknown
Civ 5 gold
Civ 4 complete
Lara Croft GOL + DLC
Psychonauts
Sleeping Dogs bundle
Bioshock Bundle
F.E.A.R. bundle
Bully
Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes + DLC
Just Cause 2 DLC

Colin.

Now that is just annoying. Amazon isn't letting me use my Rockstar credit. The conditions are $5 or over, yet I can't discount LA Noire.

bengraven

Wish there was a Steam DLC pack for Saint's Row 4.

That's a ridiculous amount of DLC for me to pay individually for.

Ceebs

This may be a bit of a longshot but would anyone looking to buy X-Com be up for doing a trade?

I have an extra copy of X-Com I would like to trade for 2 copies of Syndicate (4.99 atm, and should activate on Origin) Would save you a penny and make my co-op partner super happy.

I will throw in a copy of Bioshock 1 (steam) for your troubles.

PM me if interested.

Colin.

You had to use that by the 28th right?

No. It's the promotional credit from buying something before the 28th.

"Your purchase entitles you to $5 credit towards another Rockstar Digital Video Game sold by Amazon.com."
"The promotional credit must be used by May 28, 2014."

So I don't know what the problem is. It does work with the higher priced items, so if anyone wants to get one of the bundles without LA Noire, let me know.

Top Bottom