• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon PCDD Mayhem Sale 5/16-5/31 (This sale is actually quite good)

dani_dc

Technically yes, but you can buy it from anywhere if you use an US address. Amazon won't give you any problems.

Various 2K games (such as Mafia II) are region-locked and cannot be activated outside of the US, unsure if that applies to Xcom or not though.

Nabs

The Sleeping Dogs pack isn't that great. It's actually kind of bad when you look at what they consider complete.

The Sleeping Dogs pack isn't that great. It's actually kind of bad when you look at what they consider complete.

IIRC it's the best deal the game has had. Steam had the base game for the same price last week but had no DLC packs at all bundled.

To anyone that already purchased a Rockstar game as part of the promotion, how soon did you receive your $5 credit for Rockstar titles?

I'm wondering if I could buy Bully at $3.75 today, get the credit, and then buy the Max Payne 3/LA Noire Compete pack for $5.

EDIT: Never mind, just noticed the promotion ended today.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Yeah, I know it's ugly. So it's safe to install?

I didn't buy it through Amazon, sorry.

Worth noting though is that there are two versions of the game, a "Gamers" edition and a regular one. The Gamers edition one has higher quality assets and the original is based off of the 360 assets so make sure you're getting the right one if they have multiple available.

scitek

I didn't buy it through Amazon, sorry.

Worth noting though is that there are two versions of the game, a "Gamers" edition and a regular one. The Gamers edition one has higher quality assets and the original is based off of the 360 assets so make sure you're getting the right one if they have multiple available.

Yeah, that's interesting. Amazon doesn't note anything about it being the Gamers Edition, but the filesize is 5GB, which is the same as the one on Gamersgate. The requirements on the original version, which I guess was a port of the PS2 game, says it only requires 1.5GB of HDD space. The rest of the requirements are way lower, too, so I'm assuming the one on Amazon is in fact the Gamers Edition. They should just fucking label it, though.

Original Release said:
Recommended System Requirements:
CPU: 1.0 GHz AMD Athlon™ or Intel® Pentium® III
CPU: 2.5 GHz Pentium IV or AMD Athlon™ recommended
RAM: 256 MB
RAM: 512 MB
VGA: 64 MB DirectX® 8.1 compliant (see supported list*)
VGA: 128 MB DirectX® 8.1 compliant (see supported list*)
DX: Direct X 8.1
DX: DirectX 8.1
http://gamesystemrequirements.com/
HDD: 1.5 GB
HDD: 1.5 GB
Sound: DirectX 8.1 compliant
Sound: DirectX 8.1 compliant

Gamersgate Release said:
System Requirements
Processor: Pentium IV 3.0 GHZ /AMD 3000+ or better
RAM: 2 GB
Video Card: 3D 256 MB, supporting Pixel shader 3.0 and Vertex shader 3.0
(Supported Video Cards at Time of Release: ATI X1800/NVIDIA 6800 or better)
Sound Card: DirectX9.0C compatible, EAX 3.0
DirectX® Version: DirectX 9.0C
Hard Drive Space: 6 GB minimum
Windows 98SE/ME/2000/XP

EDIT: The installer says it's the Gamers Edition. How obnoxious.

To anyone that already purchased a Rockstar game as part of the promotion, how soon did you receive your $5 credit for Rockstar titles?

I'm wondering if I could buy Bully at $3.75 today, get the credit, and then buy the Max Payne 3/LA Noire Compete pack for $5.

EDIT: Never mind, just noticed the promotion ended today.
Yeah, the $5 promo ends today. OTOH, it might be possible to get the lower price and the coupon at the price changeover time, depending on how quickly the servers make the switch.

Edit: nm, looks like they took off the promo before the price change.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
As long as you use an address in any state that isn't on this list, you won't get charged sales tax either.

Arizona
California
Kansas
Kentucky
New York
North Dakota
Pennsylvania
Texas
Washington

Even as an Australian I know that California's sales tax doesn't apply to digital goods. ;) I've been using the address of Google's CA-based HQ for yonks now and have never been charged an extra cent.

Edit: Oops, I see this has been mentioned already.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Prices just now switched over. Here are the deals:

Some deals say unavailable but they just aren't up yet. Don't panic!

5/29-5/31

If anyone is buying just the Sleeping Dogs DLC, would they be kind enough to buy the base game pack and sell me the game for $5? I really don't care about DLC. Or you can take a couple of my steam games as a swap (list here)

xelios

Is the Max Payne + LA Noire bundle already sold out? Or will it just get restocked with the new price?

Should be going up or they wouldn't have told us about this sale so far ahead of time. Probably just haven't been enabled yet. If I find out otherwise from Tony I'll be sure to post about it, but for now no one should panic.

Saty

I wanna get GTA4 Complete + MP3 + LA Noire and pay the least. I shouldn't bother with LA Noire's complete edition, right? Seems like 5-6 extra cases.

Sold out already. Only thing available are the non steam versions. I just see sign up to be notified when this item becomes available.

xelios

Lame.

The Max Payne 3/LA Noire Complete pack are the non-Steam versions.

There's a Steam and non-Steam version of all the Rockstar deals. I listed only the Steam versions.

Sold out already. Only thing available is the non steam versions. I just see sign up to be notified when this item becomes available.

Not sold out. The Rockstar deals that are unavailable have not been turned on yet.

Well I retract my earlier statement then.

Why are most the others live then? I was going to stay up but if it might be a while then forget it.

I'm interested in Max Payne 3 so if anyone is interested in GTA IV Complete or LA Noire ( I already own both of them) we could share the Max Payne 3 + Grand Theft Auto IV + L.A. Noire Bundle.

Xanathus

Anyone want to arrange a splitsies on that Max Payne 3 + LA Noire bundle when it goes live? I only want Max Payne 3 so someone else can have LA Noire Complete for $4. PM if interested.
edit: or alternatively you could have LA Noire + GTA4 for $6
edit again: or GTA4 Complete for $4

Lain

I grabbed the Guardian of Light DLCs, since they were the last items I was waiting on for this sale.
As I finished purchasing, I noticed the 2nd challenge pack isn't available on Amazon and I've been wondering why that would be.

Saty

I'm interested in Max Payne 3 so if anyone is interested in GTA IV Complete or LA Noire ( I already own both of them) we could share the Max Payne 3 + Grand Theft Auto IV + L.A. Noire Bundle.

Anyone want to arrange a splitsies on that Max Payne 3 + LA Noire bundle when it goes live? I only want Max Payne 3 so someone else can have LA Noire Complete for $4. PM if interested.
edit: or alternatively you could have LA Noire + GTA4 for $6

Well, i'm looking for GTA 4 complete, LA Noire and MP3. Maybe we can arrange something?

Top Bottom