• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Prime Day | Celebrating 20 years of 100% claimed children's toys

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCX

man that is annoying...

I wish they had one day of deals across the board. None of this hourly "lightning" stuff.

I kind of prefer it, otherwise it'd be like Black Friday where everything is gone super early, so the sale is functionally over for the best items.

mclem

A Playstation TV strikes me as something that might well crop up and I would rather like to have.

Beyond that, not sure. I've got a lot of things that kind of need upgrading - starting to think about upgrading my TV, starting to think about upgrading my AV Receiver, starting to think that we could use a new microwave. None are particularly necessary, but now's as good a time as any to pounce.

I wonder if initial deals will appear late on Tuesday as tended to happen with BF week.

idlewild_

In related news, Walmart announced a rival sale for Wednesday:

Not one to let Amazon steal the sales spotlight, Walmart will launch a rival sale Wednesday to Amazon's recently announced Prime Day, including more than 2,000 online exclusive "rollbacks," Walmart's word for discounts.

The lower prices on items in categories including electronics, home, baby and toys will last 90 days, the typical time period for rollbacks, which Walmart usually has hundreds of at any given time throughout the year. Starting Monday, Walmart is also reducing the minimum order for free shipping from $50 to $35 for at least 30 days.
In addition to the rollbacks and lower free shipping minimum, Walmart also promises "some special atomic deals," with more details to come later.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2015/07/13/walmart-sale-against-amazon-prime-day/29973997/

mrklaw

MrArseFace
They should have lotteries rather than 'first person to spam the buy button' like they do on black Friday. Give everyone 1-2 mins and then pick randomly from those.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Hoping for Borderlands: The Handsome Collection, wouldn't mind that at a good price.

looking for deal on a Asus RT-AC66U and maybe a kindle paperwhite 3 (next to no chance but I figure I might as well wait til after the sale before buying one)

Hip Hop

Anyone know if someone in my household could sign up for a trial on their account even though I've had Prime in the past on my own account?

I will be paying some attention to this, but I highly doubt that I will catch something that I want early enough that it is still in stock. Such is the case with all of these Amazon Lightning deals for me.

Pretty crazy they're running TV ads here in Germany just for this. It better have damn good deals.

TV ads for this are a good strategy to drive Prime adoption. Better than the "Prime is more than shipping, you can listen to some songs and watch some shows!" musical commercial.

Meier

I hope they put the Amazon Echo on sale. If it's at $100 (I believe this is the price it was at for Prime members prior to general release), I think my wife and I would bite.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Here's an idea:

Amazon, show us the deals NOW and then we can decide if any of them are worth getting a Prime membership!

*GASP*

Gotta agree with this. The benefit of Black Friday is knowing if you want to handle the madness for certain deals. Amazon not showing their deals a few days early isn't inspiring confidence in me to sign up for Prime to hit said deals.

I'm not getting my hopes up, but I'm also not shopping for anything in particular. Besides the good deals almost never last long enough for me to get them...

Gotta agree with this. The benefit of Black Friday is knowing if you want to handle the madness for certain deals. Amazon not showing their deals a few days early isn't inspiring confidence in me to sign up for Prime to hit said deals.

They need to do this. Shouldn't really be a secret imo. Show us what the deals are so we can plan accordingly.

i'm assuming they havent done this because they didnt want to get undercut by the competition.

For Black Fridays, everyone is doing sales and announcing them well in advance. This sale is different: it's meant to help push their Prime service and drive traffic to their site.

Makes zero sense to let someone like walmart ruin your sale and Prime push by previewing their sales. And judging by the fact that Walmart just posted that they want to do their own sale, it only serves to prove that their decision to hold on previewing their sales was the smart one

Vizio E50 looks interesting for the price

I'm looking at same thing as well. I hope it goes down a decent bit.

I got sent the Seiki 50-inch to review from AMZN vine last week. Its pretty good if you dont care for all the bells and whistles of other tvs.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00USEZBQG/?tag=neogaf0e-20

This looks interesting as well. I don't really need a smart tv. I have a million consoles and devices.

todd360

I kind of prefer it, otherwise it'd be like Black Friday where everything is gone super early, so the sale is functionally over for the best items.

I wouldn't mind the lightning deal setup if it was on the weekend. I can't really look at whats on sale until after I get home from work.

I'm looking at same thing as well. I hope it goes down a decent bit.

This looks interesting as well. I don't really need a smart tv. I have a million consoles and devices.

A smart TV for me at this point would only be useful if it's 4k, since most android boxes/consoles don't support 4k

Do I have access to these deals if I'm not the primary Amazon Prime member?

I'm on my parents and the benefits I get free 2 day shipping and "Prime Early Access."

AP90

Here's an idea:

Amazon, show us the deals NOW and then we can decide if any of them are worth getting a Prime membership!

*GASP*

Why would they do that?? So what people can gauge if its worth it just to justify the $100?? Lmao

If you have used amazon prime and currently have a sub, that shipping and other prime incentive deals + coupons makes it worth it alot of times for shipping alone.

Why would they reward scalpers and people who would most likely not be repeat customers??

The way you described would entice people who would buy out the said products to only sell them for a profit.. Aka scalpers.

If anything having prime day rewards concurrent prime users and I think they should make you sign up for a full year no refunds to be even able to participate in this black Friday like day just to thwart said scalper like people IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom