• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Prime Free Games - January 2022

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
  • Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (Origin)
  • Total War: Warhammer (Epic)
  • World War Z: Aftermath (Epic)
  • Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered
  • WRC 7 FIA World Rally Championship
  • Abandon Ship
  • Paper Beast - Folded Edition
  • In Other Waters
  • Two Point Hospital

RHwsX7O.png

Last edited:
Some tasty games there. On a Prime high at the moment since I found Prime reading had some interesting graphic novels to read on my Kindle

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
If you loved Theme Hospital in the 90s, play Two Point. I got frustrated with a poorly designed endgame mechanic but aside from that it's excellent, and hell, maybe by now they've fixed that.

Wildebeest

Seems to be some real quality games in the Prime Gaming client mix this month, and Fahrenheit as well! Sadly, this seems to be a deal with Aspyr Media instead of Quantic Dream. So we can't expect to be drip fed the full catalogue of David Cage insanity.

manfestival

This is actually a pretty great month all around. Fortunately/Unfortunately I have played and beaten some of those games(Jedi Fallen Order, Total Warhammer, Two Point Hospital, and World War Z) so I know the quality that they offer. WWZ is a great coop title to play with friends. Jedi Fallen Order is top quality Star wars single player gaming. Two Point Hospital is a fun little sim title. Total Warhammer is one of my favorite strategy games overall and has been for some time. Especially with the endless expansions they add for it.

Wow WWZ aftermath, this game has full cross-play so I'll probably gift it to a pc friend of mine, since I own it on xsx.

nvm, the egs games are link only

Kuranghi

On PC? Count me in. I haven't played since XOX version. Like to see how it looks on a 3080.

Fucking amazing probably. You can do 4K60 no problem, when you play on PC make sure you read the pcgamingwiki page as it shows you how to enable the higher quality TAA and then a bit of sharpening to counter the blur. Its the only way to remove aliasing from that renderer properly but you need the sharpening for it to not look like blurry shite and remove all distant texture detail.

I played at 4K30 (ugh blocking/parrying at 30fps lol) and it looks so amazing, still better looking than most 2020 and 2021 titles.

Kokoloko85

Fallen Order was a real chore to play, the last 2 planets were cool and the ending but the rest of the game was actually pretty pants.
I cant believe a team like that, can produce something so cruddy

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Fallen Order was a real chore to play, the last 2 planets were cool and the ending but the rest of the game was actually pretty pants.
I cant believe a team like that, can produce something so cruddy
It has its moments. But I got stuck in like an underground area where you flood things? I dunno. Was definitely a chore.

//DEVIL//

I am new to Prime. trying it for my first month.

those games... like star wars Jedi.. are they free forever even if you are no longer a prime?

If so where the fk I was all these years? lol.

Do these games change every month?

Last edited:

Fat Frog

I advertised for Google Stadia
I am new to Prime. trying it for my first month.

those games... like star wars Jedi.. are they free forever even if you are no longer a prime?

If so where the fk I was all these years? lol.

Do these games change every month?
They change every month but it's not always as impressive.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
They change every month but it's not always as impressive.
I feel like they've been killing it consistently since October. I'd even go so far as to say that their selection has been superior to Humble Choice (not that that's a particularly high bar these days).

BlackM1st

Banned
Wish we would get some real numbers of downloads/play hours for all those free games people are getting on PC, XBOX and PS.

My numbers would be like 1 download per year / 15 mins of actual play. So basically a free throwaway I couldn't care less about.

I bet families with kids/students are getting a lot more from it.

But I still would like to see some hard numbers.

Fat Frog

I advertised for Google Stadia
I feel like they've been killing it consistently since October. I'd even go so far as to say that their selection has been superior to Humble Choice (not that that's a particularly high bar these days).
I didn't complain either.
Prime is cheaper than netflix with less propaganda, more side content. (music, video games... ok, netflix started video games as well but it's just mobile for now)

Thanks guys my salt reserves were running low at the end of 2021, this should keep me stocked up going in the new year.
Im Team Epic.

still, they basically turning games into a free good. There can be an economic cost. We had this sort of impact in the PS3-X360 days. Where companies were divesting from single player games.

its just all very interesting.

Ryu Kaiba

I have origin for Mirrors Edge so thanks for the Star Wars game.

Sheesh I can't imagine what it's like being kid these days. The way I had to scrounge my coins and walk a few miles to buy a used game from game force, and now they hand out so many for free that I don't know when I'll ever play em.

Brofist

Im Team Epic.

still, they basically turning games into a free good. There can be an economic cost. We had this sort of impact in the PS3-X360 days. Where companies were divesting from single player games.

its just all very interesting.
Doubt you minded it when Sony starting giving games as an incentive to sub to PS Plus like 10 years ago. Hell go to any topic that involves a Sony game being announced for PC and you get people bragging straight away how they got it free on PS Plus already.

Top Bottom