• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon PS4 + TLoU + Bloodborne + $20 gift card for $399

Have a PS4 but it almost makes sense to get this bundle for the games.

Looking around eBay and CL, it looks like it might be an uphill battle to unload the new, boxed PS4 for more than $350 though. Is that right?

Derpyduck

Banned
Just a heads up for anyone wanting to use the $20 Amazon credit on PSN subscriptions... the $20 is only applicable towards the purchase of an item sold and shipped directly by Amazon.

I got an e-mail this morning saying that they deposited the $20 onto my Amazon account so I logged in to buy the 1 year PSN. Sold by SCEA... no go. NO!

Went ahead and signed up for a 14 day trial so I didn't lose out on Oddworld as the free PS4 game this month. Added everything currently Free in March for PS4, PS3, Vita to the cart on their actual website and it looks like the games were purchased ok? Says they will show up in my downloads section on each system.

Do I have to actually own a PS4 to get the PSN games or will they pop up in my downloads when I get the system Tuesday or set it all up? Xbox allows for that... hopefully Sony does too.

I've had a PS3 since 2007 but never actually used PSN so I don't fully know how their free games system works.

You could always just buy 20 dollars in PSN credit digitally from Amazon and then use that 20 dollars on your PS4 or on Sony's PSN website to then buy PS+.

The top 20 on Amazon US VIdeo Game Best Seller chart is flooded with PS stuff. Sony must be happy.

They should be happy. And MS shouldn't be. Not supporting your console for many months of the year results in your console hovering around the 40-50 mark. If that's anything like the other months there was such a huge gap between PS4 and Xbox One, the next NPD is going to be extremely ugly for MS.

fantomena

They should be happy. And MS shouldn't be. Not supporting your console for many months of the year results in your console hovering around the 40-50 mark. If that's anything like the other months there was such a huge gap between PS4 and Xbox One, the next NPD is going to be extremely ugly for MS.

Yeah. The Xbone has only had 2 games so far this year, Screamride and Ori and just the former has been fully exclusive (Ori is on Steam too).

can you buy a amazon gift card with the promo credit or does it have to be for games?
I just checked the terms. You can't use it to buy any digital items (So PSN codes, game codes, etc) or other gift cards.

This is a limited time offer.
Promotional credit expires 5/16/2015
Offer only applies to products sold by Amazon.com.
Offer does not apply to digital content.
Offer good while supplies last.
Items must be purchased in a single order and shipped at the same speed to a single address.
Shipping charges may apply to discounted and free promotional items.
Offer limited to one per customer and account.
Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel the offer at any time.
Offer is non-transferable and may not be resold.
Offer discount will be allocated proportionally among all promotional items in your order.
If any of the products or content related to this offer are returned, your refund will equal the amount you paid for the product or content, subject to applicable refund policies.
If you violate any of these terms, the offer will be invalid.
Unless an Amazon Gift Card is the stated benefit of the promotion, promotional codes (including those placed directly in accounts) may not be redeemed for Amazon Gift Cards.

5taquitos

Finally pulled the trigger with this deal, my PS4 will be showing up on Tuesday! This is the longest I've waited for a PS console, but I'm glad I did as it allowed me to clear out some of my PS3 backlog before moving on.

I've also been scooping cheap PS4 games over the last few months, so I'll have the largest selection of games I've ever had for a new console.

So excited!

Showed my roommate this deal and he jumped right on it. Probably best PS4 deal for the next few months and he wants to play Bloodborne when we're not living together this summer so he's pretty excited.

splattered

Well I dusted off my PS3 and fired it up... updated to latest system firmware and PS-Store update.

I see all the games I selected to download from the website in my downloads section but I don't actually see them as downloading anywhere? I can click on each one with a down pointing arrow on the left of the game title and it starts the download but when I change it to a background download I don't see that it is still downloading anywhere? This is so confusing.

I really hope that when my PS4 arrives I will be able to down load Oddworld.

Checked February PSN games too... missed out on Transistor! NO!

So do these downloads work like they do on Xbox where you can purchase the license and download later at your discretion even if they don't have it in their system that you own the console?

MadSexual

As much as I'd like to jump on this, I'm also thinking these are the only two games I'll ever want to play on it, and that isn't worth $400 to me.

Makki

I bit the bullet. Bloodborne, GTAV and Destiny are all games I sort of wanted to try on either PS4 or Xbone so... I couldn't hold out any longer.

Cheech

This deal was too good. Can't wait to dive into Bloodborne and Hotline Miami 2.

I was ok with just an Xbox One for a long time, but God, that system has been bone dry lately.

N.Domixis

Banned
I bit the bullet. Bloodborne, GTAV and Destiny are all games I sort of wanted to try on either PS4 or Xbone so... I couldn't hold out any longer.

Welcome soldier. Glad to have you on our side. The enemy may be strong and wealthy but the advantage of the Brotherhood of Play is that we rely on numbers to overwhelm. Together our strength makes us who we are. Be proud to be who you are, be strong and remember,
2440859-shuhei-yoshidajpg-74e807_1280w.jpg
"This is for the players" - Shuhei Yoshida

lol jk, congrats on the ps4, bloodborne is great

Tyreny

In for one. Told myself I'd bite at $300 and when there were multiple games I considered must haves. TLOU and BB were two such games, and with the $20 credit its close enough.

Scheduled to arrive Tuesday...I think I feel some sick days coming on...

As much as I'd like to jump on this, I'm also thinking these are the only two games I'll ever want to play on it, and that isn't worth $400 to me.

You are telling me you wouldn't take into consideration better running multiplats, exclusive digital PS4 games like Resogun or Helldivers into count?
Or are you telling me it's Exclusive Retail only games you would play on your PS4 for it's 7 year life cycle?

see all the games I selected to download from the website in my downloads section but I don't actually see them as downloading anywhere? I can click on each one with a down pointing arrow on the left of the game title and it starts the download but when I change it to a background download I don't see that it is still downloading anywhere? This is so confusing.

If it's in your download list in the website and it's marked as PS4 you are good for download once your PS4 arrives.

splattered

Ps4 blue controller on sale for $49 right now, the camo controller on sale for $50. I decided to pick up the camo controller with the $20 credit even though I prob won't have any Multiplayer games for awhile.

Deitus

Is there any indication of how long this sale will last? I'm still debating on whether to pull the trigger, but I don't want to wait to long and miss the sale.

Is there any indication of how long this sale will last? I'm still debating on whether to pull the trigger, but I don't want to wait to long and miss the sale.

It's an Amazon specific sale, so it could go at any time. They don't really give a warning.

hiryu2015

Just caved. I wanted to upgrade to current gen last winter but wasn't too interested in available deals/bundles. This deal along with the Show 15 being released this week made it too good to pass up. I bought my PS3 and the Show 11 about this time four years ago so it was a nice personal callback haha.

malts

Welp, did it. Really excited to dive into Bloodborne, and to play TLOU for the first time, as I never got around to it on PS3.

Trey

Oh, we have a potential buy leaderboard now? Do I move up a spot if I say I put the deal in my cart and tantalizingly hovered the mouse over the "buy" button?

Oh, we have a potential buy leaderboard now? Do I move up a spot if I say I put the deal in my cart and tantalizingly hovered the mouse over the "buy" button?

lol, no I just wanted to wish everyone good luck on their adventures and make friends. I felt I shouldn't leave you guys on the fence out :p

MadSexual

You are telling me you wouldn't take into consideration better running multiplats, exclusive digital PS4 games like Resogun or Helldivers into count?
Or are you telling me it's Exclusive Retail only games you would play on your PS4 for it's 7 year life cycle?

Yeah, exclusive retail is about it for me, console-wise. I go PC for everything else, so indies and better running multi-plats are all going to be found there. Resogun and Helldivers don't really appeal to me, nor JRPGS. I've also never been an Uncharted fan, so that's a no-sale. I actually hope something else does come along down the line, but I expect these consoles will drop substantially in price before then.

I want these consoles to do well, but they are making it so damn hard to buy in with the flat AAA offerings marketwide and lack of compelling exclusives (for me, obviously). PS4 is a mile ahead of XB1, though, which has all of zero games I'm interested in.

Yeah, exclusive retail is about it for me, console-wise. I go PC for everything else, so indies and better running multi-plats are all going to be found there. Resogun and Helldivers don't really appeal to me, nor JRPGS. I've also never been an Uncharted fan, so that's a no-sale. I actually hope something else does come along down the line, but I expect these consoles will drop substantially in price before then.

I want these consoles to do well, but they are making it so damn hard to buy in with the flat AAA offerings marketwide and lack of compelling exclusives (for me, obviously). PS4 is a mile ahead of XB1, though, which has all of zero games I'm interested in.

Interesting, what games are you into? (I assume by your reply you don't like JRPG's or anything to do with Shooters I bet)

So what are you expecting? 299€ Q2 2016?

MadSexual

Interesting, what games are you into? (I assume by your reply you don't like JRPG's or anything to do with Shooters I bet)

* I do enjoy shooters, but I'm not going to put money into a console for a Sh'mup.

* For that matter, I'm not going to play any shooter on a console when I have a KB/M option that runs it better.

* Looters like Destiny don't interest me in the slightest, as I'm put off by transparent Skinner boxes.

* Multi-player driven games are out for me too, so I'll have no trouble passing up The Division or Rainbow Six if they don't come to PC. I game when I don't want to interact with people, by and large.

* I think I would like JRPGs but I can't handle how long they are. Gone are the days when I'd spend weeks on a single game. Otherwise, Persona 5 would be pretty compelling to me.

* NHL will be attractive when we get an actual next-gen build.

So what are you expecting? 299€ Q2 2016?

Here's my ideal scenario: I buy a PS4 during the 2017 or 2018 holiday sales for $250 or lower and pick up the six or seven games I'd been holding out for. We're a quarter of the way through 2015 and one of the two games I'd buy right now is a remaster. Not a single upcoming release that has been revealed appeals to me. Maybe E3 will change that.

I realize I sound pretty negative. I've been doing a lot of mental gymnastics trying to convince myself that this is a good deal for me, but it isn't working.

BkMogul

Tempting. Hate the tax though. Wish NewEgg had these offers. I picked up the $330 PS4 on Black Friday but returned it because I didn't feel that any games warranted the purchase. Will definitely be looking into this a bit more now.

The top 20 on Amazon US VIdeo Game Best Seller chart is flooded with PS stuff. Sony must be happy.

XB1 bundles are kind of split between Halo and AC bundles right now, so that may be keeping it out of top 20. PS4 was selling better pretty much all month pre-Halo bundle XB1, though.

In for one. Told myself I'd bite at $300 and when there were multiple games I considered must haves. TLOU and BB were two such games, and with the $20 credit its close enough.

Scheduled to arrive Tuesday...I think I feel some sick days coming on...

Start slouching your shoulders and working the cough right now.

I was trying to hold off on a next gen system too. Then Black Friday came with a PS4 GTA V / TLoU R bundle and a bunch of $20 - 25 games, so I caved.

Plus realistically there was no way I was going to miss out on Bloodborne's launch, though f'n Bestbuy tried their damnedest.

I just got my confirmation shipment email this morning even though I preordered it. Too late, bruh. I downloaded it. You're getting returned.

5taquitos

Now I just need to decide if I want to use the $20 Amazon credit for Axiom Verge, the Driveclub Season Pass, or put it towards a second controller (which I will definitely need).

Decisions....

Top Bottom