• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Summer Sale July 1 | Not steamy but very hot (non-US buyers: read OP)

Tukker

Some of the keys from the hitman package don't register on steam? That's what someone in the comments say on the product page atleast.

steadfast

Along with the rest, it looks like.

icKqBkqGadnxW.gif

so I am thinking about the dreamcast collection but I dont really care about crazy taxi or space channel. So I'd be spending 5 for sonic and fishing.

How are these ports? what is added or taken away? I'd assume they look exactly the same? More AA? better filters? what are the differences??

I am just on a basic laptop that will play most 2006 and older games fine, anything from this gen though has to be all ultra low which is funny. The older games look so much better than anything on low that is newer

Lain

Grabbed the Mass Effect pack. Getting the first game to download to a specific folder through the amazon downloader though was somewhat annoying.

legacyzero

Banned
Capcom basically didn't give two shits about the Summer Sale.

I'd love to see a sale from Amazon though. $5 for a Steam copy of Lost Planet 2 would be bought with the quickness.

JohngPR

Tony, do you happen to know if Sleeping Dogs [PC Download] will be Steam activated?

Thanks.

Also, you put Darksiders for $4.99 like it was on sale on Steam and you have yourself a +1 sale!

:)

DOA

first of all, thanks for the Spec Ops Deal. grabbed it :)

Glad you're digging the deals :).

The $18 credit is being distributed to customers who purchase and/or have purchased Borderlands Game of the Year.

Side question.

I'm in a meeting about our social media activity.

I'm asking for feedback here. What would make you guys, as gamers, want to visit tihs page:

http://www.facebook.com/AmazonVideoGames

and more importantly, engage in conversation.

The world is your oyster here guys, I'm willing to try most things (within reason).

Cheers,
Tony

as it was written here, if you want the FB page to be good, just do there the same things you do here. keep on hinting on deals, and even telling out front about them. also raise question about which kind of deals ppl want. do some polls.

whatever you do, don't make the page LIKE mandatory, like other companies do. if i need to click on like, just to see what is in the page, i just give up on it, and never look again.
btw, competitions are also good. but again, not competitions, which require me to click on the Like button.

Jak140

Upcoming Deals

7/26-7/30:

Borderlands GOTY - $7.49 - Steam

Deals on 7.28 ONLY

Binary Domain - $9.99 - Steam
Dreamcast Collection - $4.99 - Not Steam
Sega Sports Spectacular - $12.49 - Virtua Tennis 4 not steam
Total War Bundle - $29.99 - Some steam
Virtua Tennis 4 - $4.99 - not steam
Grand Theft Auto IV - $9.99 - Steam Version
Grand Theft Auto IV - $9.99 - non steam version
Bioshock Dual Pack - $7.49 - Steam version
Bioshock Dual Pack - $7.49 - Non-Steam version
Civ IV & V Pack - $11.99 - Civ V Steam Civ IV not
Spec Ops The Line - $24.99 - Steam
Civ V GOTY - $24.99 - Steam
Civ V - $14.99 - Steam
Civ IV Complete - $14.99 - Steam
Civ IV Complete - $14.99 - DRM Free
2K Mega Pack - $39.99 - All Steam except CivCity Rome
2K Mega Pack - $39.99 - Mixed back on DRM
2K Strategy Pack - $19.99 - All Steam
2K Strategy Pack - Civ V Steam, Civ IV and Stronghold Collection not
2K Shooter Pack - All Steam - $19.99
2K Shooter Pack - Duke Nukem + Borderlands GOTY Steam, Bioshock 1+2 Not
Rockstar Classics (All Steam) - $14.99 - All Steam
Rockstar Classics - $14.99 - None Steam
X-Com Collection - $2.99
Darkness II - $12.49 - Steam
Max Payne 3 - $29.99 Not Steam

Cheers,
Tony

More additions with links:

7/26-7/29:

Hitman Triple Threat Pack - $7.49

7/28 only:

Sega Awesome Pack - $12.49
Call of Duty Black Ops - $19.99
Total War Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai - $14.99
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 - $29.99
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 - $9.99

Cheers,
Tony

Yep, just got deals from EA in:

Syndicate
- $14.99
Syndicate 2-Pack - $19.99
Mass Effect Dual Pack (Mass Effect 1 + Mass Effect 2 Digital Deluxe) - $9.99
Dragon Age Dual Pack (Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition + Dragon Age 2) - $9.99
Plants Vs. Zombies - $4.99 - Still waiting on keys for this **crosses fingers**

Cheers,
Tony

Hey, not sure why this is not getting more attention, but these are all the games that are on sale just for today (7/28). Got Bioshock pack, thinking about Binary Domain.

Lain

Hey, not sure why this is not getting more attention, but these are all the games that are on sale just for today (7/28). Got Bioshock pack, thinking about Binary Domain.
You forgot Divinity 2 (which I ended up grabbing as well).

Had to do some research to get Mass Effect 1 to start on Windows 7 64 (found out i had to download a patch) and do some fix to the registry to get Bringing the Sky Down DLC to install. My opinion of EA went down somewhat.

Caved and bought Bioshock Dual Pack. Don't think it'll be ever cheaper than that. Hopefully they'll remove the 15 activation limit on Bioshock 2 in the future.

vidcons

Banned
That Sega Awesome Pack is ridiculous. Look at all those games.

$12 is worth it for Phantasy Star 4 alone. Vectorman bundled in with Sonic CD? MADNESS

Edgeward

The Sega Classics Stuff is not. Oddly enough I bought the Wonder Boy games on steam and the Amazon installer put all the packs in the steam folder as well and it works.

Thanks for putting the Sega pack back up Tony! Missed it the first time and wanted to get the pack =)

Got me 'sum Divinity II! I remember playing the demo on Xbox and loving it, so picking it up for the price of a latte is totally worth it. Looking forward to spending the day with it tomorrow~

MasLegio

Banned
if I link my account to a free to play game, can I still play on EU servers but buy content in the US Amazon Store?

is it possible to buy content on amazon to use on steams free to play games?

v0mitg0d

Hey Tony, quick question.

At the bottom the Amazon's video game page there use to be a thorough release list, and it stretched out several weeks too. I LOVED part of the website and now it's gone! Do you know why it was taken down? I found it to be the most comprehensive list on the web and am panicking.

Any chance it's coming back?

steadfast

July was a huge bumper-crop of gaming between Tony's deals and the Steam sale, but I still cannot wait for the August deals thread.

Tony's been quiet for a bit and that means he either finally took a much-deserved break, or he's waiting to drop the bomb on August deals.

Argh, picked up the Pint Sized Paradox bundle today and while I am stoked to get Warlock for $7.50 (main reason I jumped on the deal), I'm bummed to see that I can't use any of the CK2 DLC. I got my copy of CK2 from Gamersgate and it isn't Steam activated (unless someone knows otherwise and can help me!).

Just as a warning for anyone who didn't get the original game on Steam:
1. The Amazon codes are ONLY Steam codes (not content downloads); and
2. Steam WILL NOT let you activate unless you bought the base game from them.

The wording is a bit confusing on the Amazon site, if you dig directly into each DLC page it says, "Crusader Kings II base game required for play.

Steam account required for game code redemption."

I meet both of those requirements, but I didn't know it was "Crusader Kings II base game activated within Steam account required." Oh well, still got Warlock for cheap! =)

Koroviev

Argh, picked up the Pint Sized Paradox bundle today and while I am stoked to get Warlock for $7.50 (main reason I jumped on the deal), I'm bummed to see that I can't use any of the CK2 DLC. I got my copy of CK2 from Gamersgate and it isn't Steam activated (unless someone knows otherwise and can help me!).

Just as a warning for anyone who didn't get the original game on Steam:
1. The Amazon codes are ONLY Steam codes (not content downloads); and
2. Steam WILL NOT let you activate unless you bought the base game from them.

The wording is a bit confusing on the Amazon site, if you dig directly into each DLC page it says, "Crusader Kings II base game required for play.

Steam account required for game code redemption."

I meet both of those requirements, but I didn't know it was "Crusader Kings II base game activated within Steam account required." Oh well, still got Warlock for cheap! =)

Afaik, CK2 is a Steamworks game, so you have to activate the game on Steam anyway. In other words, take the key you received from GG and register it with Steam. BAM, winning.

Guys I didn't disappear, I promise. I took the weekend off :).

I'll be back in action tomorrow again and am hoping for new deals this week. Stay tuned.

Also, for those interested in the indie game developer community and helping those guys out check out this link:

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/xf0f2/helping_an_indie_developer_out/

I'm excited about this project and really want to help these guys be successful. Open to ideas as well.

Cheers,
Tony

Afaik, CK2 is a Steamworks game, so you have to activate the game on Steam anyway. In other words, take the key you received from GG and register it with Steam. BAM, winning.

Not my copy from GamersGate. They literally just had me download an exe file. Totally DRM free--the only key I got was for my forum icon at paradox (which I actually tried in Steam and it didn't work). BAM, losing. =(

Emailed Amazon and they are willing to refund my order (always great customer service there), but I'll just keep Warlock. It'd be nice to have the DLC for CK2, but without a Steam code I'm SOL, so no biggie.

Edit:

Literally just a download button--the GG downloader just downloads the CK2 exe installer. (Also so nobody thinks I'm pirating. =P)

Top Bottom