• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon USA top sales is pretty lopsided in PS4's favor

Status
Not open for further replies.

KungFucius

King Snowflake
It is not really a fair comparison. The Xbone launch edition is still available and the PS4 one is not. Without knowing how many of each are available you have no idea if PS4 is killing it or just a little more ahead.

tokkun

It's difficult to interpret these lists. If you go to the Most Wished For list on Amazon, XB1 is at #1 and PS4 is at #3.

jWILL253

Banned
If only the Xbone was being released in Japan. It would be even more hilarious, because the Xbone probably wouldn't show up on ANY top 100 pre-order lists in that country...

Pociask

Microsoft is deservedly getting a major backlash for their dumb policies, but in the end, they are selling a box that plays many of the same games as the PS4, except Microsoft's box has the worse looking versions and the box costs one hundred bucks more. When Sony announced the price, it was clear it was going to be a long gen for MS. (I think this also shows that while first party exclusives can be important, when the other side has them too, they are not).

Microsoft is deservedly getting a major backlash for their dumb policies, but in the end, they are selling a box that plays many of the same games as the PS4, except Microsoft's box has the worse looking versions and the box costs one hundred bucks more. When Sony announced the price, it was clear it was going to be a long gen for MS. (I think this also shows that while first party exclusives can be important, when the other side has them too, they are not).

I can't stress what a huge mistake this was for ms. This was the biggest reason why they took so much marketshare from sony in the first place. Not able to keep price parity with sony will hurt them much more than the drm.

Mahoubuta

Neo Member
iZvWb3Wl3eGQ4.gif

This killed me.

Radec

It is not really a fair comparison. The Xbone launch edition is still available and the PS4 one is not. Without knowing how many of each are available you have no idea if PS4 is killing it or just a little more ahead.

Theres a thread here that says stocks alloted in each branch is like 2:1 or 3:1 in favor of the PS4.

I assume Amazon is same.

Knoxcore

Lets not get carried away. If anything the PS3 has proven the console "war" is a marathon and the race hasn't even begun yet.

Watch_Dogs bundle?!? I don't know if I want that or the Killzone bundle. This is the most difficult decision regarding the new consoles that I've had.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Pretty exciting. I loved my 360 this gen, but I would really like to see PS4 be the lead console this gen, because of the extra horsepower alone.

Still reserved my Xbox One, because I can't go without my Halo fix. But really, PS4 actually doing well gets me giddy.

FlyFaster

XBONE is leading as the best seller item in Canada.

there is a caveat thou, PS4 was only available for pre-order like for 2 hours after the conference, then it sold out, then few days after that it was available for pre-order again, then it lasted less than a day available and it sold out again, XBONE have been available for pre-order since MS's conference was over and it has never sold out.

This makes me so happy to hear! Loving it, Return Of The King baby!

Impressive considering USA was such a strong market for Xbox last gen. Makes you wonder how lopsided the European pre-order tally is.

Those bundles are ridiculous. They are not bundles at all. You are buying the console and just another game at full price. Kind of a rip off. I'm gonna wait till fall for real bundles to pop up and get one. If they're not good, I'll just get the ps4 on it's own and worry about the games later.

Rolf NB

PS4 charts with system, games, accessories and bundles mixed all over the place.
Xbone charts only with bare system, first games start way down the list.

So basically, this looks significantly tilted towards a scalper pattern on Xbone preorders, and more "natural", consumerish, for the PS4.

Kyoufu

PS4 charts with system, games, accessories and bundles mixed all over the place.
Xbone charts only with bare system, first games start way down the list.

So basically, this looks significantly tilted towards a scalper pattern on Xbone preorders, and more "natural", consumerish, for the PS4.

Maybe people just want to watch TV and Skype with Grandma on their Xbone?

I have no comprehension why people are getting both consoles atr launch. Seems rather pointless. The difference between the two is a few exclusives. Not worth paying hundreds of dollars for.

Your better off just getting one like the PS4 and waiting for the Xbone to drop in price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom