• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AMD is Starfield’s Exclusive PC Partner

Guess this means no DLSS.

Sad Joe Biden GIF by GIPHY News

b0uncyfr0

Cant DLSS be modded in - like how FSR can be modded into DLSS games..?

But im not complaining. Yes DLSS is better, but not significantly so. In fact, if they have AMD dev's in house, maybe itll be the best FSR implementation yet. Gimme 100 fps averages on my 6600xt. Winning.

Last edited:

Loomy

Thinks Microaggressions are Real
Cant DLSS be modded in - like how FSR can be modded into DLSS games..?

But im not complaining. Yes DLSS is better, but not significantly so. In fact, if they have AMD dev's in house, maybe itll be the best FSR implementation yet. Gimme 100 fps averages on my 6600xt. Winning.
Yeah, you're not getting that at anything higher than maybe 900p with Starfield lol.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
FSR2.0 wasnt complete trash on Star Wars. At least at 4k quality.

But this is disappointing news nonetheless.

Nvidia makes a lot more money than AMD. Its a shame that they no longer care about gaming to match AMD on stuff like this. They sold us these expensive GPUs with fancy features like DLSS that are not being utilized on the best games of the year. RE4, Star Wars and now Starfield.

Hudo

And you think I give a shit about Xbox because...?

You can literally say that about every console game that releases on PC, but that's never stopped Nvidia partnerships or good DLSS implementations from happening.
Well, that would at least explain why there's a deal with AMD if Xbox has AMD chips in it anyway.

T4keD0wN

I am sure there will be mods for dlss upscaling and frame generation (people shouldnt have to resort to that), shame about what this could mean for ray tracing.

"Exclusive PC partner" seriously what the hell?

Last edited:

b0uncyfr0

I, for one will be extremely vocal if the implementation is shit - they've put themselves in a box now. They've openly admitted AMD peep's are in house. If this comes out sub par, there have no excuse.

I havent played Jedi Survivor, was that also an AMD partnered release..? Last i checked, it wasnt good.

GHG

Gold Member
Well, that would at least explain why there's a deal with AMD if Xbox has AMD chips in it anyway.

It doesn't.

The PS5 also has AMD chips and they frequently partner with Nvidia for their PC ports:

There's nothing stopping them from going with either vendor (or even Intel) on the PC side of things.

Zathalus

So, some recent PC AMD titles:

Jedi Survivor (no DLSS, ran like shit)
RE4 (no DLSS, ran OK)
Last of Us Part 1 (has DLSS, ran like shit)
Callisto Protocol (no DLSS, ran like shit)
Dead Island 2 (no DLSS, ran OK)
Forspoken (has DLSS, ran OK)

Not exactly the best recent track record.

I find it odd how Sony and Microsoft keep switching between AMD/Nvidia for sponsored games.

Hudo

It doesn't.

The PS5 also has AMD chips and they frequently partner with Nvidia for their PC ports:

There's nothing stopping them from going with either vendor (or even Intel) on the PC side of things.
Alright then, calm the fuck down.

hlm666

So they possibly have a game that might be a big hit on pc and then they go out of their way to make sure it wont use features from the brand 85% of pc gamers use. To be fair maybe nvidia were not even interested, too busy refining the AI generation of hentai while cashing in stock options.

T4keD0wN

I didn’t hear anything about it not supporting Nvidia tech .. why are we assuming that?
The title of the video is a pretty good giveaway, if it was just a partnership it wouldnt be certain, but exclusive partnership pretty much implies that there will be no intel and nvidia solutions.

Last edited:
Top Bottom