• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AMD sends autistic boy parts for a gming PC, dickhead brother takes it for himself

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Cowboy

For all you people saying people went to far just think about this.

Monitor: $449
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00VRCLHYS/ref=s9_simh_gw_p147_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=desktop-1&pf_rd_r=12GFX5M86FDRE77447VQ&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=2079475242&pf_rd_i=desktop

GPU: $239
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ZFND0RM/?tag=neogaf0e-20

So the brother basically stole $688 from his 10 year old, autistic brother.
So considering the posts you quoted, what this is saying is - its not going to far to say someone would DISOWN a child over $688?.

Have you actually read some of the posts in this thread attacking the older brother?, some of it is pretty terrible, and a heck of a lot of what's on reddit is actually a lot more sickening than what the older brother actually did

Easy_D

never left the stone age
"As of right now, he will be playing on 720p with the 1440p monitor until we can upgrade his rig."

If you gave him his fucking GPU he could play it at native resolution you monster. You can upgrade it RIGHT NOW. God fucking dammit. As an older brother, who was frequently a dick to his brother, this makes me rage so hard. I mean I was nice to him when it mattered, like helping him with his computer.

Wagram

It's people like him that leave me with no hope for humanity. What kind of sick fuck steals from their autistic brother?

He didn't apologize for anything. Give him his parts asshole.

The Cowboy

"As of right now, he will be playing on 720p with the 1440p monitor until we can upgrade his rig."

If you gave him his fucking GPU he could play it at native resolution you monster. You can upgrade it RIGHT NOW. God fucking dammit. As an older brother, who was frequently a dick to his brother, this makes me rage so hard. I mean I was nice to him when it mattered, like helping him with his computer.
He says he took the GPU out of his own rig, considering what's in the younger brothers PC it makes sense that it isn't in there right now, the PSU isn't good enough for the GPU and it does look like a very tight fit.

So no, he can't upgrade it RIGHT NOW - he can once the PSU is changed (and also possibly a case change).

NeonBlack

So considering the posts you quoted, what this is saying is - its not going to far to say someone would DISOWN a child over $688?.

Have you actually read some of the posts in this thread attacking the older brother?, some of it is pretty terrible, and a heck of a lot of what's on reddit is actually a lot more sickening than what the older brother actually did

No I haven't seen all the post but I do see that the backlash has made him take those components out of his setup. I'm not condoning the death threats or anything that may have been drastic but I think the kid needed discipline for his actions, you can't pretend he had no idea what he was doing. Disown, as in not acknowledging him until he apologizes.

I haven't followed this family drama, has he given his little brother the gear that was sent yet or still making excuses?

HarryKS

There's nothing wrong here. That's how brothers are.

Sometimes people act as if they've never actually experienced real life. Everyone is an asshat for the smallest and most insignificant acts.

The Cowboy

I haven't followed this family drama, has he given his little brother the gear that was sent yet or still making excuses?

He has given the brother the gear and he has apologized for what he did, he took the GPU from his PC and will be putting it in the other PC once the PSU is changed/system is upgraded (which is understandable considering the specs of the other PC) - the monitor has already been hooked up for the younger brother though.

Alucrid

Banned

Sometimes people act as if they've never actually experienced real life. Everyone is an asshat for the smallest and most insignificant acts.

Stealing a gift from your autistic brother is a small and insignificant act?

Airing our their problems via the Internet is a bad decision. Parents should handle this.

For all you people saying people went to far just think about this.

Monitor: $449
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00VRCLHYS/ref=s9_simh_gw_p147_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=desktop-1&pf_rd_r=12GFX5M86FDRE77447VQ&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=2079475242&pf_rd_i=desktop

GPU: $239
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ZFND0RM/?tag=neogaf0e-20

So the brother basically stole $688 from his 10 year old, autistic brother.

Just a FYI, AMD gave him something that they most likely have a fuckton manufactured much cheaper than those retail prices just to show goodwill to their customers.

I wouldn't be worried about the cost and more about the older brother lacking sound values/judgment. Also, I agree with the post above that if you'd DISOWN your brother because of computer parts, there's something wrong with you.

So people should not be called out for being assholes? I guess confronting someone when they're wrong requires having integrity.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
No I haven't seen all the post but I do see that the backlash has made him take those components out of his setup. I'm not condoning the death threats or anything that may have been drastic but I think the kid needed discipline for his actions, you can't pretend he had no idea what he was doing. Disown, as in not acknowledging him until he apologizes.

That's not really an apology though.

HarryKS

So people should not be called out for being assholes? I guess confronting someone when they're wrong requires having integrity.

Yes, very brave move to insert oneself into the problems of other people. Especially when there's no consequences. It's very perverse and voyeuristic in nature.

There's other causes out there that might possibly be more important and worthy of commiseration than something where two brothers are involved. They share blood and I don't believe there was malice afoot. Don't even know how a child that old would even understand what's happening.

He has given the brother the gear and he has apologized for what he did, he took the GPU from his PC and will be putting it in the other PC once the PSU is changed/system is upgraded (which is understandable considering the specs of the other PC) - the monitor has already been hooked up for the younger brother though.

Thanks for the run down. At least he has realised what he did was wrong. All you can really expect and hope for is that people learn from their mistakes. If he has genuinely done what you say I hope the Internet leaves him alone to be honest.

The Cowboy

Thanks for the run down. At least he has realised what he did was wrong. All you can really expect and hope for is that people learn from their mistakes. If he has genuinely done what you say I hope the Internet leaves him alone to be honest.
Yeah i think they should leave him alone now (i mean he's apparently getting death threats for god sake), i don't think it will for now (I'd give it a few days, maybe weeks) - the older brother is a very easy target and the internet mob likes an easy target more than anything - they will move on once the next easy target comes along.

It's nothing. They live in the same house, they share stuff.

It's their personal business.

He was the one who decided to talk about it on reddit in the first place. You're not going to get a parade for telling people that you took computer parts that were meant for your autistic little brother. What happened here was a perfect storm of jealousy and stupidity.

Archer

The amount of overreaction in here is insane.

"Scum of the Earth"

"No hope for humanity"

"Disown him!!"

image.php

Yes, very brave move to insert oneself into the problems of other people. Especially when there's no consequences. It's very perverse and voyeuristic in nature.

There's other causes out there that might possibly be more important and worthy of commiseration than something where two brothers are involved. They share blood and I don't believe there was malice afoot. Don't even know how a child that old would even understand what's happening.

I don't even know where to start.

Insert self into problem with no consequences? I can damn near guarantee if I knew the kid I would be knocking on his door to fix this issue. Everyone railing on the kid worked and the problem is being resolved now. That doesn't happen unless people call the older brother out.

Second of all, saying that it's okay because the younger brother doesn't understand is wrong. the younger brother has a level of trust in his sibling in that he is making good decisions and has his best interests in heart. Stealing is wrong regardless of relation and is certainly not how I would treat my sibling. In no way do the explanations the older brother gives justify his means.

If I'm his parents I have him apologize to his brother and give him the hardware. No further action needed.

Frog-fu

Banned
Really shitty the older brother did what he did, but he got rightfully torn a new one for it, apologised and gave it back.

He stole a gift meant for his autistic little brother.

"There's nothing wrong here" - what is wrong with you?

Tomita

The thing that gets me is that he jokes about his brother needing a new mouse mat and monitor but yet took both of those things for himself.

He didn't really take the mouse pad too, did he?

Dear lord. What even. Wow. The monitor was bad enough. I just assumed the kid got the mousepad as well as the t-shirt. No words.

And he deleted the apology? Gee he sure seems sorry.

Nodnol

What an arsehole.

I love how his "apology" is all about how he's going to do something for his brother, how HE is going to help in his life. It's all about him.

In cases like this, internet has no mercy. I hope he learned his lesson well but than again just by looking at that apology of his, he probably did not.

No, it doesnt actually matter that much. Literally nobody but the parents need to do anything in this case. I wouldnt describe the internet as "merciless" rather than it just being made of millions of assholes who have no problem with the punishment being 1000x the crime, along with getting i to something that's not even remotely their business. And it isn't about helpig the aggrieved party, its ego stroking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom