• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AMD sends autistic boy parts for a gming PC, dickhead brother takes it for himself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nvidia and Intel should send him a new brother. Give him a vacation somewhere and call it the "GeForce Experience", like the program.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Easy now. You don't know if his parents know anything at all about computers and the like. If your teenage nerd son who spends his whole life on his computer tells you that these parts just aren't compatible with the parts his brothers have and this would be the only way to salvage the situation you'd likely believe him. Let's not start an internet lynch mob again.

First thing I'd do would be to contact AMD.

I wouldn't believe the words of a child.

I genuinely wish I never saw this thread. This had made my blood boil.

Even Eric Matthews would've never done something like this to Cory!

And holy shit, that AMD rep is like 2 feet from verbally launching grenades at the brother

as the youngest of three I sympathize with the younger brother. no wonder I don't talk to my brothers anymore. assholes.
and i'm pretty sure 250W can run that 380.

kirblar

Someone in the thread apparently knows them IRL, hopefully the parents actually realize that they have a serious problem on their hands.

i'm betting the outcome of this story will be with the parents getting involved, the little brother getting like $10k worth of equipment , and the older brother continuing to hide from the internet mob.

SilentRob

First thing I'd do would be to contact AMD.

I wouldn't believe the words of a child.

I genuinely wish I never saw this thread. This had made my blood boil.

And then do what? You have no idea what to ask AMD, what AMD even is, what they do, what the problem is, what the stuff they sent actually does, etc. etc.

If you are not tech savy and not someone who is on the internet everyday, this stuff would be really, REALLY hard to figure out if you have no idea about any of this. I know that my parents would be completely lost and would trust me if I explain it to them. Yes, even when I was 15.

Really, put yourself into the situation. His little brother doesn't seem to be sad (because he, too, doesn't have great knowledge of hardware specifics and probably trusts what his brother says), his brother has some very valid sounding reasons why only his computer could use these specific parts and everyone is seemingly happy. Why would they spend hours, maybe days, trying to figure all of this out?

I know, we all like to freak out and put blame on others - but simply try to put yourself into the shoes of others, without taking everything you know and do for granted, and it often gets put into perspective.

blame the parents too

Yeah! They basically raised a serial killer here. What a bunch of monsters.

Again - let's please try to not form ANOTHER internet mob for something that's very likely to be sorted out within a day or two by the affected persons themselves. That was an asshole thing to do. The guy probably understands that now. We do not need his head on a spike, or his post history or facebook profile. Just in case. Stuff like this has escalated way too often.

Oh man this guy is such a great brother.

Didn't say they went to me. I even stated they went to US.
The case would probably be about $70. $60 on a 600W PSU (I'm not getting him a 500w, that leaves no room for upgrades for him.) And that's already over my budget. I work one day a week, at $7.25/hour. I just don't have the money to drop. At the time, I just thought if I put it in my rig til we could upgrade his enough, then everything would be okay. But I guess that's not

23qwerty

OP's shitiness has taken a toll on his karma. His post is being downvoted to shit, and he has negative comment karma.
Hopefully that'll teach him. probablynot

haha what do people actually care about that

but yeah pretty shitty

FyreWulff

He's gone all in on "i did it because we couldn't afford using it" even though if he had just asked AMD they would have sent his brother the needed stuff to actually use it

ultracal31

You don't get to bring friends.
What a dick of a brother.

What's awful is there's not much you can do to help out the younger brother.

And then do what? You have no idea what to ask AMD, what AMD even is, what they do, what the problem is, what the stuff they sent actually does, etc. etc.

If you are not tech savy and not someone who is on the internet everyday, this stuff would be really, REALLY hard to figure out if you have no idea about any of this. I know that my parents would be completely lost and would trust me if I explain it to them. Yes, even when I was 15.

Really, put yourself into the situation. His little brother doesn't seem to be sad (because he, too, doesn't have great knowledge of hardware specifics and probably trusts what his brother says), his brother has some very valid sounding reasons why only his computer could use these specific parts and everyone is seemingly happy. Why would they spend hours, maybe days, trying to figure all of this out?

I know, we all like to freak out and put blame on others - but simply try to put yourself into the shoes of others, without taking everything you know and do for granted, and it often gets put into perspective.

And, again - let's please try to not form ANOTHER internet mob for something that's very likely to be sorted out within a day or two by the affected persons themselves. That was an asshole thing to do. The guy probably understands that now. We do not need his head on a spike, or his post history or facebook profile. Just in case. Stuff like this has escalated way too often.

don't steal from your brothers.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?

And, again - let's please try to not form ANOTHER internet mob for something that's very likely to be sorted out within a day or two by the affected persons themselves. That was an asshole thing to do. The guy probably understands that now. We do not need his head on a spike, or his post history or facebook profile. Just in case. Stuff like this has escalated way too often.
Honestly, I'd be bewildered at the thought they'd send random pieces of hardware to my home that didn't all go to together

I'm not forming an internet mob, I'm just of the opinion that the older brother is a horrible little cunt.

I'm joking.

Lock him in his room for life.

Velcro Fly

What a fucking asshole

As someone who works in special education, often times with students with autism, this just kills me.

Just completely taking advantage of someone else's good will towards what appears to be someone who was happy to get some cool stuff.

He's gone all in on "i did it because we couldn't afford using it" even though if he had just asked AMD they would have sent his brother the needed stuff to actually use it
Exactly. If they're willing to send him a new card, they're willing to send him the stuff to make it work.

Nilaul

What the actual fuck... That is not ok.

He has a job possibly two, will be selling old cards and cant be bothered to chip in for a new PSU for his autistic brother? Yeah excuses, excuses the guys just bullshitting his way out of this mess. People are genuinely interested in helping the autistic kid and getting the parts necessary to run this but what's the point? Douchebag brother will steel the newer stuff too...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom