• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Gods premieres at SXSW – and it looks good!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beefy

Adapted from Neil Gaiman's bestselling novel, the sprawling fantasy epic American Gods is one of the most hotly awaited TV events of the year. And, if the early reviews are anything to go by, we're in for a treat when it arrives in the US on Starz on April 30, and one day later in the UK on Amazon Prime.

After the premiere, the cast and crew answered questions about the show. “I’ve never seen any of the show before and I thought it was f—ing amazing!” McShane said. “I was riveted and I’ve never seen anything like it.”

The 10-part series premiered its first episode last night at SWSW festival in Austin, Texas, and those in the audience have been tweeting their verdicts

@scottmeiz
#AMERICANGODS is fan-freaking-tastic. @BryanFuller is BACK! Top notch cast + eye candy visuals. All in. Here's the giant ensemble at #SXSW.

@MorrisatLarge
#AmericanGods is the real deal. Very faithful to the book with a good update to modern times. @ianmcshane is amazing #SXSW

@LauInLA
#AmericanGods will be your new obsession! It was a blast moderating the #SXSW panel with these immensely talented people. April 30 on Starz!

@MelissaHLeon
wow, #AmericanGods: gorgeous, unsettling, irreverently funny, faithful to the open-road spirit of the book. #SXSW

@EWagmeister
World premiere of #AmericanGods at #SXSW! (Moderated by @LauInLA!)

Room loved 1st episode...it's a mindf*ck but in the best way possible.

Can't wait for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom