• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Horror Story: Asylum |OT| Nuns, and nazis, and scares! Oh, my!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemesis_

I don't think I've ever seen Jane Lynch in a non-comedic role, I would be interested in that.

Jayma could also work I guess, same deal with Jane. She's also quite cute with those eyes *.*

netguy503

Didn't Rosie impress Ryan Murphy so much they were talking about a spin off for her Nip/Tuck character for quite awhile.

I could only see her as that character though. She fits it to a tee.

That might have been one of the best episodes. Damn. So The Devil and Arden are both dead, leaving Thredson in charge of the mad house. Fantastic. Feinnes was pretty underutilized this whole season, so it was nice to see him actually get a chance to shine. I liked his scene with Judy. The whole rape scene with Rabe and Feinnes felt awkward. I mean, on the one hand, Lily Rabe looked gorgeous, on the other hand, it was a very uncomfortable and rapey scene. Brrrr. The whole thing with Grace, Pepper, and now Kit is pretty interesting. I wonder if Thredson actually tries to harm Kit/Grace/baby will the aliens come on down from up high and ruin him? We already know his crimes have been exposed in the present day. I'd love to see the aliens finally come down and do some sort of horrific psychic violence to him or something. Plucky Lana is Awesome Lana. I wasn't a fan of hers at the start, but badass Lana is awesome.

We need GIFs of the musical scene! Damn that was bizarrely hilarious.

T.O.P

Banned
YES

04.gif

tumblr_mg32noRPkH1r72dfyo1_250.gif
tumblr_mg32noRPkH1r72dfyo2_250.gif
tumblr_mg32noRPkH1r72dfyo5_250.gif

tumblr_mg32noRPkH1r72dfyo3_250.gif
tumblr_mg32noRPkH1r72dfyo7_250.gif
tumblr_mg32noRPkH1r72dfyo8_250.gif

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Kip's face in every one of those gifs he is in......................................

Nemesis_

I can't wait to grace you all with my AHS GIF collection *.*

especially non-Tumblr versions of the musical number -_-

Revolver

Enjoyed this episode. It was tough to watch Sister Jude in such a sad state, but the musical number was so insane it worked. Arden's ending left me a little underwhelmed but Cromwell delivered throughout the episode as usual.

Arment

So I just got into American Horror Story and caught up as of last night. It didn't take me long to get through it all, the show is addicting. So far I think S2 is much better than S1, but S1 was still quite good. It's just hard to beat the setting and well...aliens.

I love that they're going to do different stories in different times with different themes with some of the same key actors each season.

Nemesis_

She does a very good job of her character in the episode of Nip/Tuck she appears in too, if you can be bothered tracking it down.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Sharon Gless is busy with Burn Notice's last season. I don't think she could come, but I'd love for her to show up again. Ditty Janessen. Loved her as Ava Moore. I still need to get an avatar of her in that suit and top hat done...

Nemesis_

Sharon Gless is busy with Burn Notice's last season. I don't think she could come, but I'd love for her to show up again. Ditty Janessen. Loved her as Ava Moore. I still need to get an avatar of her in that suit and top hat done...

Not you stealing my post RPJ idea ;_; I didn't realise Sharon Gless was still busy. RIP.

This episode features another hint about season 3.

It's also confirmed that there will be yet another
death

TheSeks

Lana Lana, Bo Bana, Banana Fana Mo Mana.

Giving you the finger~

TheSeks

And Sister Jude being covered up. :( I dunno why Lana didn't go "BULLSHIT! I'M GETTING POWER TO SEE ALL THE ASYLUM" instead. :/

KingKong

man for what was such a straightforward episode, I was on edge the whole time. They did a great job setting up expectations for this to be a dream sequence or for something crazy to happen so the tension was high

man for what was such a straightforward episode, I was on edge the whole time. They did a great job setting up expectations for this to be a dream sequence or for something crazy to happen so the tension was high
Agreed 100%. I was so tense through all of the Lana and present day sequences. I loved the melodrama / thriller feel of the Lana post-Thredsen scenes. Beautifully shot and very stylish. This was one of my favorite eps do the season and I can't wait to see what happens in these final two.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Holy shit that was awesome! Easily one of the top episodes of the season. Wow. Thredson is dead, leaving the monsignor and the aliens as the only villains left. And I guess Dylan McBloodyFace too.

Let's see, where does that leave us?

*Lana is free and the baby is born. I could see the breastfeeding scene as being her final scene on the show.

*Kit is at home with Grace/baby and Alma/baby. Drama! And we still don't know what the aliens are up to.

*Jude has been declared dead and is rotting in a cell. The Monsignor is stewing.

*All the prominent inmates/patients have disappeared from Briarcliff.

*Future Bloody Face is raging and will probably go after Lana and mess her up. Like father like son.

And the scene where Lana flips Thredson off while driving away was the fist pumpiest moment of the whole series.

FUCK YEAH!

Looks like she's aiming for her nose.

Can't unsee!

Oh yeah, and tonight's episode had some really fun lines:

"I got a rockin' body and a titty full of milk."

"I may be tough, but I'm no cookie."

White Man

I've loved the past 2 episodes. I need to redo the last 2 or 3 episodes before the break--I wasn't too big on a few of the post-Anne Frank episodes until now, but I don't think I gave most of them a second view. While I could recognize the quality (most of the time), I felt something missing.

DominoKid

jill marie jones goddamn! /thirst

the rest of the episode was cool too. was not expecting Alma to be back though but i guess that makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom