• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Horror Story: Asylum |OT| Nuns, and nazis, and scares! Oh, my!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
There are so many fucking babbies in this show!

iammeiam

If I weren't for the fact that Jude would almost certainly be dead in present-day, I'd feel like that episode wrapped up everything we really needed to see about the past. Most of the remaining mysteries could be wrapped up in present-day, with all the babies as adults. But there'll have to be more to Jude's story, so.

I do wonder if Grace really saw dead Alma or if she just made it up in hopes it'd get Kit totally devoted to her. I also wonder how/if her axe murdering past will play into the love triangle.

Zalasta

Turning the monsignor into the villain after everyone else have been done away with felt very forced. In fact, the transition of power at the asylum from Eunice to Thredson and back to the monsignor seemed completely rushed in the last two episodes as they finished up each of the subplots. Oh well, plotting was never a strong point of AHS anyway.

Nemesis_

Does anyone feel like Grace is acting a bit strange ever since she was returned? She seems, a bit, well, weird.

My theory?
Grace is somehow an agent of the aliens now, much like Pepper. She has an agenda and wants Kit to forget about Alma. Somehow, Alma has returned to warn Kit.

I mean, why else would Grace
lie about Alma being dead?

Spoilers above are just my theories and nothing more.

ari

Banned
This is some quality shit going on this season. Seriously.

damn, still got two episodes left. Please don't shit on this murphy.

Does anyone feel like Grace is acting a bit strange ever since she was returned? She seems, a bit, well, weird.

My theory?
Grace is somehow an agent of the aliens now, much like Pepper. She has an agenda and wants Kit to forget about Alma. Somehow, Alma has returned to warn Kit.

I mean, why else would Grace
lie about Alma being dead?

Spoilers above are just my theories and nothing more.

No I can't believe that. It seems that both are innocent in this situation. If anything the babies are suspect and Kit himself is a mystery.

White Man

There are so many fucking babbies in this show!

I think this may have been what dulled my enthusiasm right before the break. This show is kinda bizarrely focused on babies. Both seasons. For a season that's presented such a marvelous buffet of the bizarre it struck me as a little weak to rely on something similar to what they did last year.

These last two episodes got me rehooked, even with too much babby.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I think this may have been what dulled my enthusiasm right before the break. This show is kinda bizarrely focused on babies. Both seasons. For a season that's presented such a marvelous buffet of the bizarre it struck me as a little weak to rely on something similar to what they did last year.

These last two episodes got me rehooked, even with too much babby.

Well both seasons have had storylines going on in two different time periods and the babbies help link it all together. I believe the children are our future and all that nonsense.

ari

Banned
ibt0whQnElYqjZ.gif

That entire scene was amazing. She really needs consideration for this role. Seriously.

Culex

Banned
Easily.

if anyone watched a show that pulled better cinematography off this season, please let me know. Until then, spilt milk set the bar.

Yea, the first season and this have made me believe in TV shows again. REALLY curious about the budget for the series though. Will there be enough money to finish season 3?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Yea, the first season and this have made me believe in TV shows again. REALLY curious about the budget for the series though. Will there be enough money to finish season 3?

It's Ryan Murphy and FX, the channel that allowed his previous show on it (Nip/Tuck) to go for 5 seasons with a pretty modest budget for the operation scenes.

I just blew through the first eight episodes on Netflix and really enjoyed them. How's the second season? Kind of afraid to read through the thread in fear of spoilers.

iammeiam

I just blew through the first eight episodes on Netflix and really enjoyed them. How's the second season? Kind of afraid to read through the thread in fear of spoilers.

I'd give the second season the edge over the first; it's very good, and way crazier. Definitely stay out of the thread though, being surprised by some of the crazy shit that happens is half the fun.

Replicant

I think this may have been what dulled my enthusiasm right before the break. This show is kinda bizarrely focused on babies.

I disagree. This season has been heavily focusing on the idea that parental care (or lack of it), may have a role in turning you into the person that you are now. There's also an issue of nature vs nurture. Let's face it, most of us already think that Thredson's real son with Lana is the present Bloodyface. But what if he's not? I think the 3 babies are the last mysteries this show has. Which one of them will turn out into the present Bloodyface?

I disagree. This season has been heavily focusing on the idea that parental care (or lack of it), may have a role in turning you into the person that you are now. There's also an issue of nature vs nurture. Let's face it, most of us already think that Thredson's real son with Lana is the present Bloodyface. But what if he's not? I think the 3 babies are the last mysteries this show has. Which one of them will turn out into the present Bloodyface?

Twist: None of them, and Johnny Thredson is just some asshole psychotic that read Lana's book and believed himself to the son of Bloodyface like Charlotte Brown read Anne Franke's diary and believed she was Anne Franke. I'm calling that now.

Nemesis_

Do we think there's anything significant about the name Thomas?

They gave that to Kit x Grace's child and said he would "do great things one day". It's such a trope it makes me wonder if someone significant in history will become him or something.

I do like the idea / twist that Lana's baby
isn't actually modern day bloody face
though I wish I didn't read that because now I think that might actually happen :p

Revolver

And the scene where Lana flips Thredson off while driving away was the fist pumpiest moment of the whole series.

FUCK YEAH!

That was my exact reaction. Then when she showed up at Thredson's home I thought for sure she'd screw it up. Glad she made it out of all that.

I wonder if Ian McShane's character will be back? He could come back and finish off the monsignor. I wouldn't be surprised if he's still lurking around Briarcliff. Pepper dropped the ball though, I expected her to do something when they took Grace and Kit's baby.

Nemesis_

I wonder if Ian McShane's character will be back? He could come back and finish off the monsignor. I wouldn't be surprised if he's still lurking around Briarcliff.

Doubtful, I think we would've heard it already unless it was a very well kept secret.

Pepper dropped the ball though, I expected her to do something when they took Grace and Kit's baby.

Well, for all we know, Pepper's job was to just make sure Grace delivered the child. To that extent, her job was done.

Or, she has been informed that part of their plan was to let the child leave the asylum and grow up, for whatever reason. Perhaps we'll find out more in the next two episodes.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
  • Lana flipping the doctor was wonderful. The whole escape had tons of tension and the finale of that part was wonderful on its own.
  • The monsignor I expect him being exposed and maybe jailed for what he has done to Jude and the people there.
  • Pepper did her purpose actually she was protecting the child from the crazy because they could have harm it not the doctors and the nuns.
  • I think the baby when it was mentioned people would listen to him first thing came to my mind was president.
  • Lana might do the same Dr. Thredson mother did and leave the baby randomly. Duh she did by the end of the show.
  • Jude will probably make it out but pretty fucked up by the events so it shouldnt surprised anything.
  • The ending of the episode basically we'll see if Kit decide between them.
  • There are things that need to be explained about the aliens so they better show why the kids are so special so president or someone important will come out of it.

EDIT: I Need gifs Nem Lana flipping its sorely needed.

Nemesis_

EDIT: I Need gifs Nem Lana flipping its sorely needed.

Ask and you shall receive

ibnPay24C3hYn5.gif

I'm PROUD and HAPPY to give to AHS-GAF a nice collection of GIFs to use wherever or whenever they wish to.
I've done everything up until Episode 10 (and finishing off Episode 11 tomorrow morning) so that I can be up to date.

I hope you like them - I despise Tumblr looking GIFs but at the same time some of them were much too big, size wise, so use sparingly or be careful I guess.
Some have been edited to remove spoilers too so most can use them without worrying elsewhere.

There is NOTHING over 5MB either. :)

You can access the GIF Collection here:
http://hausofnemesis.minus.com/lbnPay24C3hYn5 [I've currently got 183 GIFs available.]

Someone has requested that I do this same thing for the first season - Suburbia / Murder House. I will get to it but at the moment it's not a priority.
I already used a lot of spare time doing these ones.

iDoAmJcQfjGfY.gif

Enjoy! :)

Vazra

Ask and you shall receive

ibnPay24C3hYn5.gif

I'm PROUD and HAPPY to give to AHS-GAF a nice collection of GIFs to use wherever or whenever they wish to.
I've done everything up until Episode 10 (and finishing off Episode 11 tomorrow morning) so that I can be up to date.

Enjoy! :)

OMG thank you very much!

Ekdrm2d1

Mr. RatskyWatsky,

Just sent you a PM. The page is down and I did not get to save any of them :(

I wanted to use that Sister Eunice .gif for a posting tonight. Err.

Thank you for taking the time to do all that. That is amazing work! Much better than all those Tumbler .gifs

Edit: Back up!! Yay :p

Nemesis_

Mr. RatskyWatsky,

Just sent you a PM. The page is down and I did not get to save any of them :(

I wanted to use that Sister Eunice .gif for a posting tonight. Err.

Thank you for taking the time to do all that. That is amazing work! Much better than all those Tumbler .gifs

Edit: Back up!! Yay :p

It was me though >_>

Minus doesn't usually have such downtimes, but feel free to link to them from there, you don't have to reupload :)

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I just finished The Name Game (starting the next episode soon), and OMG at the musical number. I was just smiling the whole time, such an amazing scene in my opinion... just completely out of nowhere. Love this show.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Watched the new episode. I too think it's weird that there are three babies, and they didn't explicitly tell us that the future Bloody Face is Lana's child. I think it's definitely possible, but I also think it may be a red herring.

Remember that the prostitute future Bloody Face hired was black.

Vazra

Watched the new episode. I too think it's weird that there are three babies, and they didn't explicitly tell us that the future Bloody Face is Lana's child. I think it's definitely possible, but I also think it may be a red herring.

Remember that the prostitute future Bloody Face hired was black.

Yeah it was black but that might not mean anything at all then Bloodyface Jr. would be confusing Kit with Dr. Thredson and it somehow sounds like a poor twist at the story since it has been corrected that Dr Thredson was the serial killer. I think Kit will leave one of the gals but I wouldnt go and guess that since Bloodyface Jr killed the doctor who was white so he was probably looking for a mother figure on the black woman randomly like Thredson did. The baby was skin tone was darker tone so I doubt its that one.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Yeah it was black but that might not mean anything at all then Bloodyface Jr. would be confusing Kit with Dr. Thredson and it somehow sounds like a poor twist at the story since it has been corrected that Dr Thredson was the serial killer. I think Kit will leave one of the gals but I wouldnt go and guess that since Bloodyface Jr killed the doctor who was white so he was probably looking for a mother figure on the black woman randomly like Thredson did. The baby was skin tone was darker tone so I doubt its that one.

Yeah, sorry, I get fuzzy on these storylines, we do know that his name is Thredson right?

Nemesis_

Yeah, now that you mention it, the only person who has called Jonny "Thredson" is himself when he was in the psychologist's office.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom