• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Horror Story: Hotel |OT| Uh oh! There was a monster in my bed!

This episode released a week too late. Would've been perfect for Halloween. I like the Indian woman calling bullshit on that white woman's Native American costume.

TheChits

KuGsj.gif

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Boom, caught.

Boom, dead.

Mother Monster doesn't care if you are born that way or just want to dress that way. Anyone that hurts her little monsters is gonna DIIIIIIIE.

Also the mom to the vampire kid is totally fucked. She's going to die for breaking a rule she didn't know Gaga/Countess had about only HER turning people. The anti-vaxx kid is going to be a serial murderer and either kill John or come to the Cortez and die to Evan Peters.

Wow, really? I saw the first episode but stopped. May continue now.

This season has been hot fire since the first episode, dude. Why the hell did you stop!?

Boom, dead.

Mother Monster doesn't care if you are born that way or just want to dress that way. Anyone that hurts her little monsters is gonna DIIIIIIIE.

Also the mom to the vampire kid is totally fucked. She's going to die for breaking a rule she didn't know Gaga/Countess had about only HER turning people. The anti-vaxx kid is going to be a serial murderer and either kill John or come to the Cortez and die to Evan Peters.

It's a whole school (or class) of kids though. They all just we home to probably kill their parents too. Lol

Boom, dead.

This season has been hot fire since the first episode, dude. Why the hell did you stop!?

She won't die, those who were turned may though. And they probably need to because they're out of control.

Zoe

I wonder if those kids are gonna be any different from the Gaga vampires. Seemed like they could tolerate the sun so far.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I wonder if those kids are gonna be any different from the Gaga vampires. Seemed like they could tolerate the sun so far.

The Gaga vampires can tolerate sunlight in small doses, can't they? I remember her saying something about that and Bomer only reacted to the sunlight because he wasn't used to dealing with someone opening the blinds so early in the "night" for him.

It's a whole school (or class) of kids though. They all just we home to probably kill their parents too. Lol

What's weird is that they all got "infected" via his former Smallpox and not necessarily from drinking his blood. It's only after they drank someone killed's blood, that they became fine and vampires. I'm wondering if smallpox is the mutation/vampire "virus" Gaga has.

The Gaga vampires can tolerate sunlight in small doses, can't they? I remember her saying something about that and Bomer only reacted to the sunlight because he wasn't used to dealing with someone opening the blinds so early in the "night" for him.

What's weird is that they all got "infected" via his former Smallpox and not necessarily from drinking his blood. It's only after they drank someone killed's blood, that they became fine and vampires. I'm wondering if smallpox is the mutation/vampire "virus" Gaga has.

She did mention they can tolerate the sun.

I think you mean measles ... Wait are the viruses two different? haha. Yeah I'm thinking there's something with the virus as well too.

Monocle

The good episodes keep coming. Loved Liz Taylor's backstory.

It was obvious what was going to happen to the hospitalized kid's family once he went home. Didn't expect him to infect his whole class though, wow. As long as that storyline doesn't steal the spotlight from the characters, it'll be fun to watch it play out. I kind of hope that it gets wrapped up quickly.

Maybe Gaga will kill Mrs. Lowe for spreading the virus and send John on the warpath. It would be kind of cool if everyone was after the Countess by the end. Then she could slaughter them all and start a new chapter for Hotel Cortez with March. And maybe Matt Bomer could run off with Ramona Royale, since he's too pretty to die.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
This episode holy shit, that kid is a fucking nutter, just slitting the throats if every poor fucker that happens to cross him
Loved the back story with Liz, was the main one I've been waiting for. Putting gaga in as "mother monster" made me chuckle, but was pretty cute

This episode is good. All the students are now vamps. I thought I spotted that boy from the commercial who was Peter Pan.

Edit: I'm not sure if the countess intended this to happen when she made that woman, but if so that's some masterful shit.

I can't imagine so
something that big must attract negative repercussions. I've got to guess that there are vampire hunters out there, or maybe something like in twilight with a governing body of vampires that will have to come in and deal with everything

Either gaga is going to be in danger from this or she will be furious which will create conflict between her and Holden's parents.
shes totes going to die this season though

Monocle

This episode holy shit, that kid is a fucking nutter, just slitting the throats if every poor fucker that happens to cross him
Loved the back story with Liz, was the main one I've been waiting for. Putting gaga in as "mother monster" made me chuckle, but was pretty cute

I can't imagine so
something that big must attract negative repercussions. I've got to guess that there are vampire hunters out there, or maybe something like in twilight with a governing body of vampires that will have to come in and deal with everything

Either gaga is going to be in danger from this or she will be furious which will create conflict between her and Holden's parents.
No, she has to live forever and spread high fashion and vampirism to all the children of the world.

Can we all agree that Lady Gaga is a flawless creature with ridiculously amazing presence. I'd be fine with a whole episode of her just walking around and glaring at Kathy Bates. lol

lady-gaga-american-horror-story.jpg

Stunning woman

Best episode so far. I'll say that so far this season the episodes seem to be getting better each episode. I really liked this one and I'm glad they gave Iris and Liz a lot more time to develop them better. The vampire kids plot was also pretty good. Curious to see where that develops next. Idk why Alex thought that was a good idea to turn him then send him home with his parents and never check back with him.

kirblar

Best episode so far. I'll say that so far this season the episodes seem to be getting better each episode. I really liked this one and I'm glad they gave Iris and Liz a lot more time to develop them better. The vampire kids plot was also pretty good. Curious to see where that develops next. Idk why Alex thought that was a good idea to turn him then send him home with his parents and never check back with him.
I think she did go to check on him and he was already discharged. Whoops.

After the trash that was last week's fanfiction dinner party episode, this episode re-ignited my interest in the season. Liz Taylor's backstory was so perfect. I just don't like how Gaga keeps fluctuating between different accents.

I think she did go to check on him and he was already discharged. Whoops.
Well I mean she just witnessed what it feels like to be a vampire especially when you don't have blood. I'd imagine there's a way she could've found their address or something before the kid did something stupid. Although I wasn't expecting the entire class to go down the way it did.

Nemesis_

Fwiw I didn't particularly enjoy the first episode but I am absolutely adorings this session this far.

I'd say it's better than Coven (overall, though Covens characters were great) and Freak Show. Not quite brave enough to talk about it in comparison to Asylum or Murder House though.

I'm curious what the countess is planning to do with her selling the hotel and having Alex take care of the children.
After the trash that was last week's fanfiction dinner party episode, this episode re-ignited my interest in the season. Liz Taylor's backstory was so perfect. I just don't like how Gaga keeps fluctuating between different accents.
Gaga as a person fluctuates her accents as well. Idk why she does this.
Fwiw I didn't particularly enjoy the first episode but I am absolutely adorings this session this far.

I'd say it's better than Coven (overall, though Covens characters were great) and Freak Show. Not quite brave enough to talk about it in comparison to Asylum or Murder House though.
Yeah I'd say the first episode showed me there was potential but it was a mess. It also was unnecessarily gory. So far the season has gotten a lot better, especially after episode 2. Although every season, the Halloween episodes are good episodes regardless of quality of the overall season.

I can't believe this show is still going strong. I thought for sure the momentum would falter a bit and the show would start showing signs of Ryan Murphy syndrome, but nope. So far, it's shaping up to be the best season yet.

That kid vampire stuff was insane. So ridiculous and over the top. Great stuff.

Loved Liz Taylor's origin story. So fabulous.

Holden reminds me of the dog from season one for some reason.

Zoe

I'm curious what the countess is planning to do with her selling the hotel and having Alex take care of the children.

She's not really selling the hotel though--the idea is to marry the guy and then kill him.

As for Alex, she's replacing Kathy Bates's duties with the children.

Snake

Season is growing on me, in part because Gaga finally gave a tolerable performance in this episode. May have had something to do with the fact that she had visible eyebrows at long last. No more bleach, I beg you AHS.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Really entertaining episode. Much improved over last week's installment. The kid vampire massacre was amazing and Liz Taylor's backstory was well done, despite feeling a little like Ryan Murphy's attempt at jumping on the Transparent bandwagon.

Mother Monster...

Funny you mentioned that because the same thought occurred to me this episode as well: Gaga is literally playing Mother Monster on this show.

Holden reminds me of the dog from season one for some reason.

xlILW63.gif

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I dunno I feel like the ratings for Hotel have been pretty down compared to the last two seasons.

Although Asylum was the same.... So....

From that THR link:

The fifth entry, Hotel, is pacing ahead of all prior installments. In fact, through its first four episodes, Hotel is 7 percent ahead of Freak Show among adults 18-49 and 1 percent among total viewers. The Hotel premiere marked the second-most-watched telecast in FX Networks history, behind only the premiere episode of AHS: Freak Show.

Top Bottom