• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Idol Season 11 |OT| Sponsored By X-Factor USA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Took me ages, but I finally figured out what Phil's "song" reminded of: Handful of Peter.

lol.gif

Reallink

Like him or hate him, that was by far the best ending in 11 seasons. Loved how he bailed in the middle of the song and went and hugged his parents, really genuine. Song was amazing for the moment, especially compared to the usual cheese ballads.

Aaaaand the recipient of this year's AI Winner's Curse is Phillip Phillips! Good song and a good guy, love how he went to hug his family.

The TOXIC DUMP will be THOROUGHLY CLEANSED by the BRITNEY-Factor in a few months. Finally THERAPY for the INFECTED

Britney Spears who has the collective brain power of a tube worm and about as much charisma as a fly traipsing in a bucket of stagnant trailer park water is going to "cleanse us from the toxic dump" of disappointment that was S11? Seriously? She's barely a good enough replacement for idiot Nicole. But I guess we'll see.

royalan

Like him or hate him, that was by far the best ending in 11 seasons. Loved how he bailed in the middle of the song and went and hugged his parents, really genuine.

Don't see how that's more genuine than expressing your gratitude through the song that you're supposed to be singing...but eh.

Koodo

Banned
The TOXIC DUMP will be THOROUGHLY CLEANSED by the BRITNEY-Factor in a few months. Finally THERAPY for the INFECTED
acj35.gif

Do you remember who won X-Factor last season?
Melanie.

And let's be honest, the talent that season might have been questionable, but the characters were memorable. Barbadian surprise, Burrito surprise, the meth addict that could, IF I WERE USHER, GIF MY BREAKDOWN, little whiny rapper who had a deluded stan, little whiny christian whom Royalan hated, DIVACY.

Such a HOT MESS.

Trigger

I'm not sure what I'll do with myself on Tuesdays/Wednesdays without Glee or Idol.

Britney Spears who has the collective brain power of a tube worm and about as much charisma as a fly traipsing in a bucket of stagnant trailer park water is going to "cleanse us from the toxic dump" of disappointment that was S11? Seriously? She's barely a good enough replacement for idiot Nicole. But I guess we'll see.

XKabM.gif

acj35.gif

Melanie.

And let's be honest, the talent that season might have been questionable, but the characters were memorable. Barbadian surprise, Burrito surprise, the meth addict that could, IF I WERE USHER, GIF MY BREAKDOWN, little whiny rapper who had a deluded stan, little whiny christian whom Royalan hated, DIVACY.

Such a HOT MESS.

Don't forget the rugby chick with dat ass.

Reallink

Did anyone else notice Philip had no air time in this finale except for the CWR duet at the very beginning and the duet/results at the very end? Seemed really odd, I thought they were going to come out and say he'd been rushed to the hospital or something.

Mumei

Melanie.

Of those, I remember the meth addict, the breakdown, and the whiny rapper.

And the FOREHEAD. Which one was she?

Did anyone else notice Philip had no air time in this finale except for the CWR duet at the very beginning and the duet/results at the very end? Seemed really odd, I thought they were going to come out and say he'd been rushed to the hospital or something.

He gave a car away in the middle.

Trigger

Kidney stones are no joke. He's supposed to have emergency surgery in New York. I imagine he was in a lot of pain.

JCX

Like him or hate him, that was by far the best ending in 11 seasons. Loved how he bailed in the middle of the song and went and hugged his parents, really genuine. Song was amazing for the moment, especially compared to the usual cheese ballads.

Fantasia easily has the best winner performance of all time.

MIMIC

Banned

Well I definitely hate him but I really did enjoy that moment. Made me hate him just a wee bit less =p I love when the moment actually hits them during their winning coronation song. Kelly blubbered through hers (and then Nikki McKibbin SINFULLY finished it for her >_<), Carrie ignoring the lyrics to shout "thank yous", Scotty eating the confetti like it was snow....I enjoy it all :)

Of those, I remember the meth addict, the breakdown, and the whiny rapper.

And the FOREHEAD. Which one was she?

Ha, I remember her more than burrito man.

UberTag

Just think fellas... we're only 52 weeks away from WGWG #6 winning American Idol.
They should just edit all of the other winners out of their opening theme.

No Kelly, no Carrie, no Fantasia, no Ruben, no Jordin... and the only white guy to not even be cool enough for a guitar... Taylor Hicks.

Taylor didn't need a guitar, see. He had the SOUL PATROL.

taylor_hicks9.jpg

On the bright side, David Cook is still the defacto best WGWG winner.

David+Cook+Guitar.jpg

So whatever happened to the white guy who would say "People say I have a black woman inside me" and kept blubbering and crying like a sap about "my poor little baby girl" whenever he thought was going to get the axe?

And what percentage do folks estimate JLo lip synced tonight? Her performance sounded really artificial.

Did that Madagascar 3 commercial really namedrop Toy Story 3
LLShC.gif

This sets me off into a full on rant as to why I hate most non Pixar animated movies. Check out my thread here in OT if you get a chance.

ToxicAdam

Well I definitely hate him but I really did enjoy that moment. Made me hate him just a wee bit less =p I love when the moment actually hits them during their winning coronation song. Kelly blubbered through hers (and then Nikki McKibbin SINFULLY finished it for her >_<), Carrie ignoring the lyrics to shout "thank yous", Scotty eating the confetti like it was snow....I enjoy it all :)

Man, I had the biggest crush on Nikki McKibbin. I didn't care if she was a one dimensional singer, dammit.

Mistle

Agreed. This thread is so cynical. I don't even know why most people in here watch the show.

It was a great ending. Stopping halfway through was really powerful to me, as was going up to parents. Most heartfelt win since David Cook imo

Ultratech

Lowest-rated finale ever, including season one. BIG changes next season.

Gotta love how they (almost) say every final vote is "record-breaking", yet I can't fathom that many people really cared more than last year.

Frankly, I think people are getting burnt out at this point.

Tunic

Lowest-rated finale ever, including season one. BIG changes next season.

I really hope they make big changes for next season. If the ratings are any indication to the producers now they should definitely see that the current system just doesn't work anymore. I didn't even watch the finale last night because I was not interested or connected with either finalist and it seems several fans of the show did the same as me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom