• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Idol X|V |OT| Please Be Excited

Status
Not open for further replies.
THIS. IS. AMERICAN. IDOL.​

RpZqqEy.jpg

American Idol Season X|V Begins January 7, 2015. 8/7pm Central

This is the 14th season of American Idol. EVERYONE knows about #Idol so I shouldn't have to explain what this show is about.

To kick off the launch of the new season Lets talk with the Idol host Ryan Seacrest.

DMPrince: Good evening, Ryan.
Ryan: Good evening and welcome to American Idol.
DMPrince: We're all friends here. No need for the introductions
Ryan: I'm your host Ryan Sea.....
DMPrince: [Interrupts] Moving on along, can you tell us who the judges are this year
Ryan: It was an amazing 2014 when America voted Caleb Johnson as the new American Idol XIII. and we have lots to show for American Idol X|V soon.
DMPrince: Who?
Ryan: Jack Black
DMPrince: Excellent.
Ryan: Would you like to hear about this year's Judges?
DMPrince: That's all i asked.
Ryan: Oh? Well you should have asked. Ellen, please roll the footage.
DMPrince: Who?
Ryan: Ellen works with me on the #1 Radio station On Air With Ryan Seacrest.

American X|V would like to welcome back the Latin Pop/R&B/Gospel/Dance/Soul/Trance/Reggae Artist who took the world by storm with hits like I Luh You Papi and Booty. Please welcome to the stage the lovely and talented Jennifer Lopez (@jlo)

DMPrince: Hello there Ms. Lopez.
Jennifer Lopez: No please. Call me Jennifer Lopez
DMPrinceOkay Ms. Jennifer Lopez.
Jennifer Lopez Excuse me. I said JENNIFER LOPEZ.
DMPrince: Sorry Ms.... err. Jennifer Lopez. Can you tell the fans what we may expect from this year?
Jennifer Lopez: Light check, Can someone get the makeup department out here now. Hair and makeup for my goosies as well.

Ryan: While Jennifer Lopez is busy lets talk about what an amazing job Pitbull did hosting the New Year's Revolution….
And we'll be right back after these paid commercials

Keith Urban and Harry Connick Jr

Official Site
Twitter
Facebook
Youtube
Instagram
Pinterest
Tumblr

Dmprince: Thank you for the information Ryan, What can we expect from this year's American Idol?
Ryan: Thanks for asking that amazing question. You can expect a lot of things from American Idol premiering January 7, 2015 at 8/7pm central.

Keep all top 24 spoilers hidden. I want to enjoy the trainwreck as it happen and root for shitty people that will not have a chance ;P
Idol released this Top 24 mystery video http://www.americanidol.com/watch/376110147550/7716941568
basically you can hear their voices and look at silhouettes. so this will end up being "easy" to try to match up people later on.

But Spoiler tag if you really know who they are. let's have fun this season okay?

Ugh..why won't it end!? This, So You Think You Can Dance? and Dancing With the Stars need to die. Well, the latter two more-so than the former, but still.

The auditions can be funny, and JLo is still quite hot, but I've never been a fan. My family watches it, though, so I've seen a lot of it.

I'll be watching to see if the producers can pick a good one this year. Hopefully.
cf0d5f704154.gif

Ugh..why won't it end!? This, So You Think You Can Dance? and Dancing With the Stars need to die. Well, the latter two more-so than the former, but still.

The auditions can be funny, and JLo is still quite hot, but I've never been a fan. My family watches it, though, so I've seen a lot of it.
OK, now you're on my bad side...

MIMIC

Banned
So this is the year where there the performance/elimination nights will be combined into one show, right?

I'm not a fan of dancing to begin with, but it's the judges I truly can't stand. The same is true of Dancing With the Stars. Tom Bergeron is the worst there, though.
They might sometimes be a bit too in love with themselves, but (certain guests like Lady Gaga and Carly Rae Jesus aside) the judges on SYTYCD have always brought something Idol's judges have always lacked: a discerning eye for the technical aspects of what the performers do.

Idol's devolved into a circus of who most appears to "feel" the emotion of a truncated, one-and-a-half minute chopped and screwed version of what were once good songs, and actual good singing has become secondary (or tertiary, if you take having a penis as yet another prerequisite for having a decent shot at winning).

They might sometimes be a bit too in love with themselves, but (certain guests like Lady Gaga and Carly Rae Jesus aside) the judges on SYTYCD have always brought something Idol's judges have always lacked: a discerning eye for the technical aspects of what the performers do.

Idol's devolved into a circus of who most appears to "feel" the emotion of a truncated, one-and-a-half minute chopped and screwed version of what were once good songs, and actual good singing has become secondary (or tertiary, if you take having a penis as yet another prerequisite for having a decent shot at winning).

I don't watch any of them enough to really comment on that. I'd just have to sit through them when family put them on.

That one judge who screams is perhaps the most annoying person in the world.

I'm disappointed that the premier tonight is a measly 60 minutes. The bachelor premier on Monday was a whopping 3 hours! Yes I know idol will air another 2 hour block tomorrow, but the premier should be 2 hours with tomorrow being 1 hour, not the other way around

MIMIC

Banned
I'm disappointed that the premier tonight is a measly 60 minutes. The bachelor premier on Monday was a whopping 3 hours! Yes I know idol will air another 2 hour block tomorrow, but the premier should be 2 hours with tomorrow being 1 hour, not the other way around

Wait....1 hour premiere, and 2 hours tomorrow?

Man, Idol is already fucking up and it hasn't even started.

But...Empire though.
That show looks good. Honestly.

But...Empire though.
That show looks good. Honestly.
That's probably why tonight's premiere is only one hour to be honest. Idols ratings are not as strong as they used to be but it's a damn good lead-in. The days of idol taking precedence over all the other shows on Fox are long gone

JCX

Excited for the new live round in Hollywood. Should weed out the people who shrivel up on the big stage.

MIMIC

Banned
That's probably why tonight's premiere is only one hour to be honest. Idols ratings are not as strong as they used to be but it's a damn good lead-in. The days of idol taking precedence over all the other shows on Fox are long gone

Heh, that makes sense. Forgot about how poor the ratings were in relation to how large of a spotlight it should receive.

I hope the show finally experiments with the idea of having the contestants put on a mini "setlist" instead of just covering one song each week.

Even if that means a five-minute medley of 3 songs or so, it would give us a much better indication of which contestants are truly made for the stage and can put on a real show.

Of course, that'll never happen because the producers seem to think we want the "judge's" panel to flap their gums for 10 minutes each 2-minute performance.

I hope the show finally experiments with the idea of having the contestants put on a mini "setlist" instead of just covering one song each week.

Even if that means a five-minute medley of 3 songs or so, it would give us a much better indication of which contestants are truly made for the stage and can put on a real show.

Of course, that'll never happen because the producers seem to think we want the "judge's" panel to flap their gums for 10 minutes each 2-minute performance.
one can hope they change it up but beyond the top 24 reveal video i think that's about the extent of their change they can do (other than format change)

JCX

Agree 100%. My dream top 3 show would be recorded live sets from the contestant's hometown visits. They'd have to update their stage budgets at hometown visits a bit, but it would be a great round before the finale.

Agree 100%. My dream top 3 show would be recorded live sets from the contestant's hometown visits. They'd have to update their stage budgets at hometown visits a bit, but it would be a great round before the finale.
Yeah, that's a much more novel approach than the stale judges' choice, producer's choice, etc. that's made Idol's endgame rounds so dull lately.

They should just pay us to save this show lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom