• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Military positions in northern Syria leaked by Turkey over Kurdish support

firehawk12

Subete no aware
He actually thinks that. He actually thinks that he's capable of regaining the territories the Ottoman Empire lost 100 years ago. He's fighting a war he knows he'll lose in near furture, but he does it anyway and isn't ashamed to use dirty tricks like this one. He's scared, very scared because the whole Qatar thing signals his eventual downfall.

I wonder if the end goal is to become a Russian satellite state where they let him be dictator for life.

What? No! Why? We as the West should have been (read should have...we screwed the pooch), pulling Turkey closer to the west. They used to be the only secular democratic muslim country over there. Instead, we pushed them away and they recently had an referendum giving the President almost a dictatorship.

Gawd the west effed that up.

Cut this bullshit revisionist history shit please.

What? No! Why? We as the West should have been (read should have...we screwed the pooch), pulling Turkey closer to the west. They used to be the only secular democratic muslim country over there. Instead, we pushed them away and they recently had an referendum giving the President almost a dictatorship.

Turkey was not colonized by the West.
Your post makes no sense.
(it's the other way around, the Ottoman Empire invaded and colonized Western lands such as Thrace)

Rural Turks decided to delete secularism by voting for Erdogan

Mimosa97

Are you serious? The West is reponsible for the rampant islamization of Turkey?

You really need to do some reading to understand how Erdogan came to power and what his base looks like.

18-Volt

I wonder if the end goal is to become a Russian satellite state where they let him be dictator for life.

Believe, no matter how tight they look together, Putin is still one of Erdogan's greatest enemies. They still fight over Syrian control, or Erdogan likes to think so, because Putin continues to ignore Erdogan and his actions. Plus Russia still refuses to recognize PKK as terrorist organization, this puts a huge rift between Erdogan and them.

Liseda

Actively supporting a terrorist organization. How is this acceptable on neogaf?
How the fuck is YPG a terrorist organization?

EDIT:
YPG is a terrorist organization which already killed hundreds of people in turkey which US is actively supporting. No shit turkey is pissed.
Which is totally bullshit, Turkey just fucking hate kurds and wants to pin everything on them.

U.S. State Department already refuted all of it.

Fuck the Turkish government and Erdogan.

He actually thinks that. He actually thinks that he's capable of regaining the territories the Ottoman Empire lost 100 years ago. He's fighting a war he knows he'll lose in near furture, but he does it anyway and isn't ashamed to use dirty tricks like this one. He's scared, very scared because the whole Qatar thing signals his eventual downfall.

Except it isn't? YPG is not Turkey's enemy, it's Tayyip's personal nemesis. Turkey had been in good terms with YPG and Syrian Kurdish organizations before Tayyip dictatorship. He's trying to demonize Kurds and YPG just to cover and protect Islamic terrorist organizations like ISIS or Al-Nusra. The propaganda he's making in Turkey is absolutely disgusting, even the most obvious ISIS attacks are blamed on Kurds and other leftist organizatons.

Plus YPG never had presence in Turkey, never claimed any responsibility for any attack. Government is ready to blame them for even the smallest car crash happens in Turkey.

You have no idea what you are talking about. YPG is PKK. You know, the terrorist organization responsible of hundreds of deaths only last 2 years.

Also Kurds are not the issue here. Stop acting like YPG and PKK represent the Kurds. That's like saying isis represents Islam.

Again, you have no idea about the Turkish situation now and in the past. I understand your views since you probably only watch/hear/read western media.

Erdogan actually tried to reach out to the Kurds in the past by giving them the right to teach Kurdish in schools, set up their own TV channels and there was even some autonomy in the planning. However this all went to shit when the PKK did not want to disarm themselves.

In the meantime, the so called liberals in turkey did not want that kind of freedom for Kurds at all. They even called Erdogan a traitor for talking with the PKK trying to reach peace.

How the fuck is YPG a terrorist organization?

EDIT:

Which is totally bullshit, Turkey just fucking hate kurds and wants to pin everything on them.

U.S. State Department already refuted all of it.

Fuck the Turkish government and Erdogan.

Turkey does not hate Kurds. Turkey hates PKK and YPG because they are a terrorist organization.

On the PKK - YPG connection:

http://www.atlanticcouncil.org/blogs/menasource/the-ypg-pkk-connection

Kurdish fighter Zind Ruken expanded on the PKK-YPG relationship. “Sometimes I’m a PKK, sometimes I’m a PJAK [the PKK-allied affiliate, active in Iran], sometimes I’m a YPG. It doesn’t really matter. They are all members of the PKK.”

Liseda

Turkey does not hate Kurds.
1zBZ0Jv.gif

Please show me proof that turkey is supporting isis. Erdoğan asked the US to send troops inside of Syria to battle isis together. US refused. They rather support a terrorist organization which is killing civilians in a NATO friend's country then cleaning up their own mess.

5NKsAYk.jpg

Tons of ammonium nitrate being shipped across the border in 2015, the key ingredient to the thousands of IEDs used by ISIS. Back when ISIS was still seen as a tool to use against Assad and not a threat to Turkey.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/20/...fertilizer-at-a-border-crossing-pays-off.html

sflufan

Banned
Uh, ISIS isn't fighting for freedom. At least my understanding of a caliphate, it doesn't emphasize much freedom.

edit: My bad, the PKK isn't looking for a caliphate. They are seeking, on paper, some weird form of participatory democracy, sort of, but i'm not sure if they want an actual state per se.

The PKK is looking for the dead opposite of a caliphate as they're essentially a Marxist-Leninist organization. Their goals changed from an independent Kurdish state (based on Marxist-Leninist principles) to full participatory democracy within the existing Turkish state.

In regard to the Islamic State, there is little doubt that their goals are not "freedom" in the accepted conventional sense that we know. However, if an individual is a religious Sunni Arab whose has felt "oppressed" by the ruling Shiite majority in Iraq or the ruling Alawite minority in Syria, then the Islamic State can very much look like "freedom fighters" from that perspective.

Top Bottom