• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AMID EVIL has just been released for PC (Oldschool FPS)

abracadaver

No thread yet? It just came out an hour ago and it is pretty awesome. Gameplay wise I would say it's most similar to Heretic.

There is no roguelite random level bullshit. It's oldschool level design like in quake with multiple ways to choose from and keys you need to find to open doors. No regenerating health

It looks gorgeous. Easily 2 steps above all the other oldschool fps games that came out recently (STRAFE or DUSK)

Also no tacked on multiplayer. This is singleplayer only. Give it a try if you like oldschool action.

Nikodemos

Looking at trailers, the thing I dislike about it is the enemies' speed. Old games had enemies which didn't run all the time. Most of them (with a few exceptions) had a more... slow and steady speed. These ones feel like Unreal Tournament bots in their speed.

drotahorror

To stay up to date on any type of old school shooters that get released I highly recommend gggmanlives -

Last edited:

drotahorror

Nah, he always spoils way too much

In the case of AMID EVIL, I just turned it on and listened to him while browsing. I'm gonna buy it soon so I didn't want to spoil much but wanted to hear what he had to say about it. Granted it was similar to his other preview of the game a couple months ago.

Last edited:

keefged4

This game is awesome, Every boomer shooter fan should defo try this. It's coming to PSVR 2 at a later date too! -

Romulus

Gonna be a tough choice. Probably go wireless PCVR, but having the mobile version will be awesome at hotels etc. Hopefully its crosssbuy

Last edited:

Knightime_X

Never could fully enjoy this.
Supposed to be inspired by hetetic. But..
It's like discount Heretic.

Last edited:

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
I just played this game for the first time 2 months ago. Played teh RTX version and I loved it. Cant wait to try this DLC but its kind of expensive. Is it 2 campaigns?

Top Bottom