• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forgotten E3 highlight: Amid Evil/Dusk/All of New Blood's games come to Switch!

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
No thread here so ill just shamelessly take inspiration from the ERA thread.

These include Tonight We Riot, and Super Galaxy Squadron EX Turbo, a bullethell shooter, but ofcourse, my focus is on Dusk and Amid Evil.

Dusk:
DUSK reintroduces you to a world where butchery and bloodshed must be mastered... if you're to survive 'til dawn. Inspired by Doom, Quake, Blood, Heretic, Hexen, Half-Life, Redneck Rampage and all your '90s favorites, while featuring a soundtrack by metal music mastermind Andrew Hulshult.

In three distinct campaign episodes hand-crafted from straight outta the '90s, players will battle through an onslaught of mystical backwater cultists, possessed militants and even darker forces and attempt to discover just what lurks beneath the Earth. Featuring a vast arsenal of badass weaponry including sickles, swords, crossbows, rifles, dual-wielded and double barreled shotguns and incredibly necessary grenade and rocket launchers, DUSK brings unapologetic retro action from start to finish.

In addition to the main campaign, DUSK features an Endless Survival Mode, putting you front and center against wave after wave of merciless enemies.

And for those looking for an extra challenge, DUSK also offers the chance to go head to head online to battle your friends in DUSKWorld arena multiplayer, where darkness hosts the worst of humanity in surprising new ways...

Steam:

Amid Evil:
The producers of DUSK and the creators of Return of the Triad invite you to embark upon an UNREAL new FPS adventure:
  • SEVEN distinct episodes each featuring a completely different setting and enemies
  • LUDICROUS magical weaponry that can be overcharged with the souls of the dead
  • ENDLESS Hordes of Evil to hone your skills against
  • BRUTAL and adaptive enemy AI that will hunt you down on land, sea and air
  • SPRAWLING non-linear levels filled with secrets and ancient lore
  • MULTITUDES of in-game options + cheat codes for a truly golden PC age experience
  • EPIC original & dynamic soundtrack composed by Andrew Hulshult
  • BUILT in Unreal Engine 4 for cutting edge visuals (even if they are a bit retro)
  • OPTIMIZED to run on a toaster (a pretty nice toaster)

Steam:

TRIVIA:
Fun fact: The people behind Amid Evil (Indefatigable) also made Return of the Triad, a standalone homage to the legendary Rise of the Triad. It runs as a standalone game in the Zdoom Engine, a sourceport of the original Doom source code. Download that game here: http://www.elzee.co.nz/rotttc/

Last edited:

Shifty

Brave OP, diving into a forum full of maniacs like that to bring us this news.

And wait, Dusk and Amid Evil are from the same developer? Damn, I never twigged. You'd think they'd finish one early access classic-style FPS before embarking on another...

Either way, I'm very much looking forward to both of these when they're finished. Their coming to Switch is nothing but good news.

I have Dusk and played a bit of it, really enjoyed what I've played so far but I'm waiting for the achievements to launch on Steam.

And wait, Dusk and Amid Evil are from the same developer? Damn, I never twigged. You'd think they'd finish one early access classic-style FPS before embarking on another...

Either way, I'm very much looking forward to both of these when they're finished. Their coming to Switch is nothing but good news.

They're different developers, New Blood is the publisher and they're partnering with Nintendo to bring em on Switch.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
It aint that bad if you just let people to have differing opinions and call people out in a bit more harsher (But still valid!) ways. But alas, that is the part where that site takes issue with.

Not the same developer, but they do have the same publisher :)

Not one of those game have open critic or metacritic score...

Any impressions?
Just look at the Steam pages. Both games have 80% approval rate more or less.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
This is pretty cool! Dusk has been a game I have kept my eye on for a while now. Can't wait to play it on the go. Amid Evil doesn't look too interesting to me, on the other hand. I will wait to see reviews before I pick it up.

Top Bottom