• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 3 | Where release dates are made up and preorders don't matter!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crom

Thanks for posting that UK had them listed again, was able to order Robin, Lucina, and PacMan so now I have all 6 preordered. Gonna cancel then if I can get US preorders.

levyjl1988

Banned
Just received my Lucario from Amazon.de

jWXoZ3V.jpg

My collection so far:

Still awaiting on my Villager Amiibo and my preorders on Sonic, Megaman, and Shulk.

SalvaPot

Tempted to order from Amazon UK, but is there any difference in the figures at all? Specifically the writing on the bottom. I open all of my amiibos, but if there's something different written/stamped on the bottom, there would be inconsistencies in my collection and I wouldn't be able to live with myself.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Aw, didn't see the link for Robin in time :(

He's still up. If the pre-order link isn't appearing on the details page try going to the list of different sellers to get the Amazon listing.

EDIT: Oh, I guess they've sold faster than the website can handle removing the option to buy.

Veitsev

I saw that and was ready to order it... then I realized that there is no need for me to buy it, I can just wait for the US version and order those just fine, no need to panic just yet.

I wouldn't assume you can just wait until a U.S. release and find it easily.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Why can't I add the UK amiibos to cart? It keeps giving me an error even though I can click the button. :(

If you give me the word, I'll order you one next time it goes up since I was in the position to get one. Easy enough to cancel.

llexan

Is there any way to combine two separate Amazon UK orders? I have Charizard, Wario and Pacman preordered from yesterday and just managed to get Ness. But I was hoping to get Ness on that previous order to save on shipping. Should I just contact support?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
If you give me the word, I'll order you one next time it goes up since I was in the position to get one. Easy enough to cancel.
If you could do a Ness and Robin, that'd be cool.
Bonus if you could do a Ness, Robin, and Lucina just to save on shipping (I assume I could just give you my address and then Amazon could just ship directly), since I somehow managed to get a Lucina at least...

levyjl1988

Banned
Has anyones Rosalina amiibo from amazon.ca shipped yet? Mines not shipped yet.
Does amazon actually fulfill their preorders if an order is made?

Asking again. Is there a way for me to go in and combine my orders on Amazon UK? I have all 6 preordered but across four different orders. Can I combine them so that they ship together and reduce the shipping costs?

rjinaz

I can guess what happened after talking to somebody that ordered 4 of each amiibo yesterday. Amazon retroactively changed his order to limit it to 2 per amiibo. He was pissed. I'm guessing they put his amiibos and those from others that did the same on the website just now.

Good job Amazon.

My son's collection grows! Still have Rosalina and Meta Knight coming in. Gotta still snag Lucario. Then the whole set of SMB. Yeah...he's going to need more shelves.

amiibo-collection_zpswzurj6kd.jpg

levyjl1988

Banned
I hate how the scalpers are in this to get amiibos to sell.

They aren't genuine people who want to collect, instead unwanted competition, taking away happiness from those who want to actually enjoy amiibos for a quick buck by over pricing them.

Fuck scalpers.

Josephl64

I wonder if I should take a pic of my entire amiibo collection...then again it's poverty level and are just placed on top of a bookshelf.

My son's collection grows! Still have Rosalina and Meta Knight coming in. Gotta still snag Lucario. Then the whole set of SMB. Yeah...he's going to need more shelves.

Nice, must be cool to share a hobby with your kid

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Asking again. Is there a way for me to go in and combine my orders on Amazon UK? I have all 6 preordered but across four different orders. Can I combine them so that they ship together and reduce the shipping costs?

This is what they say about combined orders.

Makes it sound like it's automatic when they send them out but they say this may only happen if "The orders are being delivered to an EU address" so for the yanks importing you may be out of luck. Best contact them.

Fuck this shit. Every bastard day, at least 4 times each day I checked Amazon UK for those 3 and they go in minutes. Same thing happened on Game.

I was also too slow for the others so I just got Pacman and Wario.

Think I might just sell what I have, and get a ps4 instead.

llexan

I'm currently trying to get a hold of their support to see if that's possible cause I have Ness on an order by himself and would like it all consolidated too.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I hate how the scalpers are in this to get amiibos to sell.

They aren't genuine people who want to collect, instead unwanted competition, taking away happiness from those who want to actually enjoy amiibos for a quick buck by over pricing them.

Fuck scalpers.

I really want a Pit (as I've stated in this thread so many times :p) but I refuse to pay any premium to the scalpers. I might have to though :(

O.v.e.rlord

Banned
I'm currently trying to get a hold of their support to see if that's possible cause I have Ness on an order by himself and would like it all consolidated too.

Nice. Keep us updated and if you get through and able to do that. Tell us how you did it! :D

This is what they say about combined orders.

Makes it sound like it's automatic when they send them out but they say this may only happen if "The orders are being delivered to an EU address" so for the yanks importing you may be out of luck. Best contact them.

Cool. Lemme know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom