• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 3 | Where release dates are made up and preorders don't matter!

Status
Not open for further replies.

espher

Was that a record time for how fast Rosie went out of stock? wow

It had to be ~30s.

I was hitting F5 every two seconds, seeing nothing. Site started spinning suddenly instead of loading, then loaded a 'broken' page (no CSS), I clicked the link to add Rosalina, out of stock. It was like 30s after my last F5. Ridiculous.

O.v.e.rlord

Banned
God dam it! I told myself that I wasn't going to get Ness or Charizard but as soon as I saw the link.... I just buckled and ordered them any way!

Is anyone still seeing a lot of Zelda at stores? I went by toys r us, target and gamestop yesterday and there were very few zeldas left.

I've been seeing her at every GS, Target, TRU that I've been to in the last week. So about 6 or 7 stores total. Only a few at each store though if that helps. I'm in the Bay Area, CA

Whelp, I got a Toad preordered on Amazon UK as my back up since I always seem to miss these showing up on Amazon.com. SO tempted to just order Ike and Sheik from them as well and be done with it but I do have a preorder at Gamestop...oh decisions

Has anyones Shulk amiibo orders changed? Mine says 'Closed' but it won't say if it's been shipped or not and now I'm worried it's been cancelled and no one told me...

From what a GS employee here and others were saying yesterday, closed usually means the warehouse charged your CC and shipped it to the store for in store pick up.

Meeps

Phew, Nintendo World is allowing a family member to pick up one of my pre-orders since I'm stuck recovering from surgery. They're the best. :D

shanafan

Don't know if this has been answered but the figures are all 100% the same for EU JPN & US versions of Amiibo. ONLY the box is different.

I can't check my Marth from Japan with my US amiibos right now but I do believe the very bottom of the amiibo is different.

Mornin'/afternoon, all. I see this jumped about 6 pages since last night. Any new developments? Or are we still in the fallout of the Wave 4's being sold out in 30 min from Amazon UK?

Btw, I mentioned this before, but if anyone has a Mega Man they'd like to trade for my Rosalina, Fox, or Yoshi, I'd be very grateful, since I know some of you have him out in your markets.

I can't check my Marth from Japan with my US amiibos right now but I do believe the very bottom of the amiibo is different.
Really? I've looked at all the bottoms, and I haven't noticed anything different, since I have German WFT, Villager, Marth, and Japanese Dedede.

No this has been quelled many many times. Marth and a few others have extra text on the bottom for copyright issues, it has the name of whoever the company is that owns the rights to the character. This is the same text for all regions.

If you put the same character from the three different regions side by side, the bottom is the same.

Lucina

Banned
Apparently, they don't. You'd have to use a forwarding service, like Tenso, to get your stuff shipped here.

Yeah Amazon.jp doesn't ship to U.S. for games and toys (only for things like Blu Ray/CDs).

You need a forwarding address.

In the U.S.? He was available for pre-order for months. He hasn't actually released yet.

Yeah, missed out on pre-orders sadly. :( Just checking to see if he went on sale on import sites or anything. Thanks for the answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom