• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 5 | Because we didn't preorder thread 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
I don't want any of those. :(

Me either. As I've posted before, Zero Suit Samus and Ganondorf are the only remaining Smash characters I want. And I can't think of any other Nintendo characters I'd want that I don't already have aside from those.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member

4BYWIpi.jpg

Koppai

People really think Nintendo is going to announce Wave 5 when we don't even have a release date for Wave 4? I wouldn't get my hopes up.

SalvaPot

This morning I had a panic attack since my internet was down. I have been checking my options all day, lol, I don´t want to miss the preorders.

Peagles

People really think Nintendo is going to announce Wave 5 when we don't even have a release date for Wave 4? I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Yeh I think they'll show who the next wave will include. They've been pretty good at announcing the next wave at each direct for the past wee while now. Remember it's only NA that are suffering this weird lack of release date thing.

NEO0MJ

Decided to look for Ness on Amazon and found out that someone was selling a version of Mother 3 with English translation, probably a bootleg. Is that legal?

Koren

Decided to look for Ness on Amazon and found out that someone was selling a version of Mother 3 with English translation, probably a bootleg. Is that legal?
Of course not*, but that's a relatively common "fan-translated cart". There's a couple others on sale online.

* if that's the cart I've seen before, I think I remember reading that they even "stole" the translation patch itself...

Just spoke to a Nintendo Rep and they said the New 3DS has been such a success that they will be announcing the Newer New 3DS XL Xenoblade Edition today at Gamestop. Only 3 per store. Doesn't come with stylus anymore either. Only $9.99 sold separately.

I'm excited for Wave 5 announcement with the release date of 2016! (Could be ANY day in 2016)

Edit: wow I'm still top 10 poster here. Ok time to overthrow Horizon

Fox Mulder

this is going to be interesting how they finish. They've gotta know that despite the demand for amiibo so far, the characters left aren't that popular really. Wonder how limited their supply will be.

bowser jr
dark pit
dr. mario
duck hunt
falco
ganondorf
greninja
jigglypuff
mr. game & watch
olimar
Palutena
R.O.B.
Zero Suit Samus
Mewtwo?

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Just spoke to a Nintendo Rep and they said the New 3DS has been such a success that they will be announcing the Newer New 3DS XL Xenoblade Edition today at Gamestop. Only 3 per store. Doesn't come with stylus anymore either. Only $9.99 sold separately.

I'm excited for Wave 5 announcement with the release date of 2016! (Could be ANY day in 2016)

Edit: wow I'm still top 10 poster here. Ok time to overthrow Horizon

Horizon's really taking that top spot. Poor Gem fell hard after LINE. He barely posts here anymore!

I'll always be here for you guys! *flex*

Taisaijin

this is going to be interesting how they finish. They've gotta know that despite the demand for amiibo so far, the characters left aren't that popular really. Wonder how limited their supply will be.

bowser jr
dark pit
dr. mario
duck hunt
falco
ganondorf
greninja
jigglypuff
mr. game & watch
olimar
Palutena
R.O.B.
Zero Suit Samus
Mewtwo?

As if most of the GAF crowd had WFT on their list, and we all saw how that turned out.

I'm actually more excited for this list than the first 29. Olimarrr..

SalvaPot

Honestly, I am not expecting Wave 5 revealed on the Nintendo Direct, what I do Expect is SMB Amiibo Wave 2 with Rosalina, Wario and Donkey Kong... and hopefully Daisy, Waluigi, Toadette and Spike.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
The final Smash wave will be heavily scalped regardless of character because people pay heavy premiums to complete collections.

Shauni

Honestly, I am not expecting Wave 5 revealed on the Nintendo Direct, what I do Expect is SMB Amiibo Wave 2 with Rosalina, Wario and Donkey Kong... and hopefully Daisy, Waluigi, Toadette and Spike.

Why not both? Didn't they unveil the first SMB line with Wave 4 on a Direct? It seems unlikely that they would leave Wave 5 ambiguous with Wave 4's release so very close. Hasn't every wave been announced before the previous wave hit shelves?

MADGAME

Been disengaged from GAF for awhile, not sure my chances here but looking for a Meta Knight. Would trade an Ike, DDD, Gold Mario, Rosie, Lucario, or Falcon.

PM if interested.

final prediction

wave 4 pre orders go live , marth x ike re issues pre orders go live
Shulk + Xenoblade 3DS + XENOBLADE NEW 3DS SYSTEM gamestop only bundle pre orders go live

boom

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Final prediction: Amiibo will be canceled and replaced with NX poker chips with stylish character faces on both side. Sturdy material that can encase the NFC chip perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom